Official Match Thread Season 38 Round 3 - Gumbies FFC v Gold City Royals at The House of Gumby

What is Tarkyn_24’s legume of choice?

• Chickpeas

• Lentils

• Fava Beans

• Peanuts

• Adzuki Beans

• Appaloosa Beans

• None of these options are even real

• Who’s Tarkyn_24?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been on a high all day
The Fox girls are neighbours of mine and I just love them. Such good people.
Everyone knows what a Star Jess is, But I'm so happy for Noemie.
She is has been stuck in Jess' shadow, but never been anything but happy for despite being a star in her own right.
Yesterday she had her moment.
As a family, they are ridiculously successful with their dad Richard regarded as the best male kayaking champion of all time and Mum is a 7 time world champion and an Olympic medal winner herself.
Champions.

I love listening to Richard commentate, because he's a total professional but there's been a point in each of Jess's and Noemie's races where he turns into dad and he starts cheering for his daughters

Loved watching it last night, seeing Jess & Myriam jumping into the water to celebrate and the pure joy on Jess's face after the win - as you mentioned, Richard is extremely successful but it didn't stop both girls having bit of a dig

I love listening to Richard commentate, because he's a total professional but there's been a point in each of Jess's and Noemie's races where he turns into dad and he starts cheering for his daughters

Loved watching it last night, seeing Jess & Myriam jumping into the water to celebrate and the pure joy on Jess's face after the win - as you mentioned, Richard is extremely successful but it didn't stop both girls having bit of a dig

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/uG5AWrPOwfm0w" width="480" height="259" style="" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="">via GIPHY</a></p>

Pretty sure they're beating 80% of countries in the medal tally.

I love the kayak cross event. As brutal as the ski cross.
The Penrith papers always list us as a country in the medal tally.
We normally have a few rowing .medals. this time round all our medals are the Foxes! Still going ok :)

It's quite cool isn't it.
Richard is the Fox I know best he is part of the chamber of Commerce and regularly has a coffee with our running group.
He is the type to give a little light hearted dig, so getting some back would be well earned .
The kiwi who won the cross trains out of Penrith as well.
As Jess said today, they have their dad literally narrating their biggest moments.
They are universally loved locally and are very active members of the local community.
I love them

It's quite cool isn't it.
Richard is the Fox I know best he is part of the chamber of Commerce and regularly has a coffee with our running group.
He is the type to give a little light hearted dig, so getting some back would be well earned .
The kiwi who won the cross trains out of Penrith as well.
As Jess said today, they have their dad literally narrating their biggest moments.
They are universally loved locally and are very active members of the local community.
I love them
I think you should get him an Oliva emblazoned STUD t shirt!

I always wondered how settled in Oz they were with Jess born in France, French boyfriend, a French mother, UK father.

Sound pretty settled. Could convert the boyfriend to Aust citizen?

And then?

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/n0Hg569YtKg2A" width="480" height="432" style="" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="">via GIPHY</a></p>

That creepy little ****
I've had the stupid Miraculous Mellops theme song in my head for a few hours now. Why you ask? Coz I just did my washing and didn't lose a sock. Great success.

Now what has that got to do with the Miraculous Mellops? Well, in one episode they found the magic place where all the lost socks disappeared to. Crazy, hey?

Now what has that got to do with Qooty? Well, I didn't lose a sock today and the Gumbies haven't lost a match yet.

I've been on a high all day
The Fox girls are neighbours of mine and I just love them. Such good people.
Everyone knows what a Star Jess is, But I'm so happy for Noemie.
She is has been stuck in Jess' shadow, but never been anything but happy for despite being a star in her own right.
Yesterday she had her moment.
As a family, they are ridiculously successful with their dad Richard regarded as the best male kayaking champion of all time and Mum is a 7 time world champion and an Olympic medal winner herself.
Champions.

But I bet their collective jaws dropped when you showed up at the door wearing your Sweet FA premiership medal.

I've had the stupid Miraculous Mellops theme song in my head for a few hours now. Why you ask? Coz I just did my washing and didn't lose a sock. Great success.

Now what has that got to do with the Miraculous Mellops? Well, in one episode they found the magic place where all the lost socks disappeared to. Crazy, hey?

Now what has that got to do with Qooty? Well, I didn't lose a sock today and the Gumbies haven't lost a match yet.

I find I seem to be on a 3 week cycle. 1st week, one sock goes missing. 2nd week, the other goes off to find his mate. 3rd week, they reappear, like nothing ever happened.

The universe is a weird place.

A very good morning to my team mates (and a cursory good morning to the Gumbies) from beautiful downtown Penrith station in Sydney’s western suburbs. I looked for GWS Goose but couldn’t find him anywhere

1722976660374.jpeg

The temperature is a very pleasant 3.9 degrees out here at the foot of the Blue Mountains this morning if anyone is interested

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A very good morning to my team mates (and a cursory good morning to the Gumbies) from beautiful downtown Penrith station in Sydney’s western suburbs. I looked for GWS Goose but couldn’t find him anywhere

View attachment 2070955

The temperature is a very pleasant 3.9 degrees out here at the foot of the Blue Mountains this morning if anyone is interested
Should be a cracker day! What's on the agenda?

View attachment 2070955

This was the view outside my window this morning

IMG_5773.jpeg

Love waking up to the noise of a busy airport - not sure I'd want to do it every day, but it's always nice ahead of a holiday

This was the view outside my window this morning

View attachment 2070970

Love waking up to the noise of a busy airport - not sure I'd want to do it every day, but it's always nice ahead of a holiday
Yep definitely exciting waking up in an airport hotel when you’re about to head off somewhere. Where are you headed?

Yep definitely exciting waking up in an airport hotel when you’re about to head off somewhere. Where are you headed?

I'm off to the land of green milk 😂

After not really taking a holiday for like 4/5 years, this year I decided to plan a few interstate shortish breaks (5-7 days type thing) around a few of Geelong's interstate matches

It's been really great for recharging the batteries this year and reconnecting with my love of travel

I'm off to the land of green milk 😂

After not really taking a holiday for like 4/5 years, this year I decided to plan a few interstate shortish breaks (5-7 days type thing) around a few of Geelong's interstate matches

It's been really great for recharging the batteries this year and reconnecting with my love of travel
Yeah it’s always nice getting away, even if it’s just interstate. Heck even a nice little weekend away in your own state beats the everyday grind. Enjoy!

Should be a cracker day! What's on the agenda?
I don’t know what I’m doing today. I’ll decide when I get up…

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38 Round 3 - Gumbies FFC v Gold City Royals at The House of Gumby

Back