Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 4: Gumbies FFC v Fighting Furies @ The House of Gumby

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Arsenal
SweetFA.png

Round 4
Gumbies FFC v Fighting Furies

The House of Gumby welcomes the Furies this week as the home team look to continue their undefeated start to the season after a relatively low-scoring but in the end comfortable win over the Royals at home last week.

The Furies are positive in the win-loss column thanks to a massive victory against the East Side Hawks and a close thriller against the Warriors but face their biggest challenge yet this week looking to knock the Gumbies down a peg or two.

HouseofGumby.png
The House of Gumby

Gumbies20.png
Form Guide

The Season so Far

The Gumbies have been quietly getting shit done in Season 38, starting off with an equal league best record. With a mostly unchanged list, although the departure of Barrybran certainly stings, it's been a team effort on field for the Gumbies and their Qooty resembles that of a well oiled machine.

Led by Falconista , who frankly should almost get co-credit for this match thread due to how much I stole from his headlines in the ladder thread, players like GWS Goose , cats_09 and league legend beez make this posting outfit a formidable opponent.

Players to Watch

201275.jpg
- Falconista

The Gumbies Captain has yet to fully find his best form at the Ruck position but is still top 7 in hitouts with 36, can he carry his team over the line and remain unbeaten with a monster performance, but also, more importantly potentially earn his team's first TOTW selection.
Hit-outs this Season: 36
DT Points this Season: 156
TOTW Selections: 0

126716.png - GWS Goose

The Gumbies full forward has booted 10 major so far from 3 games, a strong performance from him would propel the Gumbies to a 4th straight victory but also up closer to the coveted Fred Medal.
Goals this Season: 10 (=6th)
Behinds this Season: 7 (5th)

Prediction

Gumbies by some margin

Furies.png
Form Guide
WLW

The Season so Far

The Furies certainly have their off field struggles, with Captain James Colorado taking a massive amount on his shoulders each week, although reliably backed up by fellow leadership group members ShaunDuggan and Frothies Mcveigh , their posting power is certainly top heavy compared to many other teams.

ShaunDuggan got their Season 38 campaign off to a glorious start with a massive game from full forward, ably helped by late rookie pick-up Orange crush , earning them two Team of the Week nominations. It was ShaunDuggan again, helped by omgfridge from the midfield who made the difference in their hard fought win against the Warriors last week.

The Furies will be looking to grasp back to back wins for the first time this season by doing something special in toppling the Gumbies this week.

Players to Watch

88439.jpg
- ShaunDuggan

The Furies full forward has been a bright light so far for the club, sitting 2nd in the Fred Medal and instrumental to their wins.
Goals this Season: 17 (2nd)
Behinds this Season: 5 (=7th)
TOTW Selections: 1

118517.jpg
- omgfridge

Fridge started his career at the Gumbies but now has played more of his 131 games with the Furies than any other club, leading them in most statistical categories (We don't count NaturalDisaster ) and was their best performer last week.
DT Points this Season: 255 (Club 2nd)
Disposals this Season: 77 (3rd)
TOTW Selections: Less than Gralin

Prediction

Furies by some margin

Captains and teamsheets at sometime make yourself known, thank you​

Last edited:
Welcome to Gumbania Furies squad, fabulous to be here with you all. Those of you who requested rubber sheets will be happy with your accommodation.

View attachment 2077722

Round 4
Gumbies FFC v Fighting Furies

The House of Gumby welcomes the Furies this week as the home team look to continue their undefeated start to the season after a relatively low-scoring but in the end comfortable win over the Royals at home last week.

The Furies are positive in the win-loss column thanks to a massive victory against the East Side Hawks and a close thriller against the Warriors but face their biggest challenge yet this week looking to knock the Gumbies down a peg or two.

View attachment 2077723
The House of Gumby

View attachment 2077724
Form Guide

The Season so Far

The Gumbies have been quietly getting shit done in Season 38, starting off with an equal league best record. With a mostly unchanged list, although the departure of Barrybran certainly stings, it's been a team effort on field for the Gumbies and their Qooty resembles that of a well oiled machine.

Led by Falconista , who frankly should almost get co-credit for this match thread due to how much I stole from his headlines in the ladder thread, players like GWS Goose , cats_09 and league legend beez make this posting outfit a formidable opponent.

Players to Watch

201275.jpg
- Falconista

The Gumbies Captain has yet to fully find his best form at the Ruck position but is still top 7 in hitouts with 36, can he carry his team over the line and remain unbeaten with a monster performance, but also, more importantly potentially earn his team's first TOTW selection.
Hit-outs this Season: 36
DT Points this Season: 156
TOTW Selections: 0

View attachment 2077735- GWS Goose

The Gumbies full forward has booted 10 major so far from 3 games, a strong performance from him would propel the Gumbies to a 4th straight victory but also up closer to the coveted Fred Medal.
Goals this Season: 10 (=6th)
Behinds this Season: 7 (5th)

Prediction

Gumbies by some margin

View attachment 2077725
Form Guide
WLW

The Season so Far

The Furies certainly have their off field struggles, with Captain James Colorado taking a massive amount on his shoulders each week, although reliably backed up by fellow leadership group members ShaunDuggan and Frothies Mcveigh , their posting power is certainly top heavy compared to many other teams.

ShaunDuggan got their Season 38 campaign off to a glorious start with a massive game from full forward, ably helped by late rookie pick-up Orange crush , earning the two Team of the Week nominations. It was ShaunDuggan again, helped by omgfridge from the midfield who made the difference in their hard fought win against the Warriors last week.

The Furies will be looking to grasp back to back wins for the first time this season by doing something special in toppling the Gumbies this week.

Players to Watch

88439.jpg
- ShaunDuggan

The Furies full forward has been a bright light so far for the club, sitting 2nd in the Fred Medal and instrumental to their wins.
Goals this Season: 17 (2nd)
Behinds this Season: 5 (=7th)
TOTW Selections: 1

118517.jpg
- omgfridge

Fridge started his career at the Gumbies but now has played over half of his 131 games with the Furies, leading them in most statistical categories (We don't count NaturalDisaster ) and was their best performer last week.
DT Points this Season: 255 (Club 2nd)
Disposals this Season: 77 (3rd)
TOTW Selections: Less than Gralin

Prediction

Furies by some margin

Captains and teamsheets at sometime make yourself known, thank you​
where did you come from and why are you my favourite poster since Scythe94 deflected?

Did I just read that the Gumbies will be our toughest challenge yet? After having already been forced to spend a week with the Rats?!

More so on field given their current form with the random sim

My condolences, I wouldn’t wish that especially twisted form of torture on my worst enemy

Last edited:

My condolences, I wouldn’t wish that especially twisted form of torture on my worst enemy
Sorry I snapped like that, I still haven’t quite recovered you see.

I'm pleased to see we share the same view.

Not very often you'll see a thread where okeydoke is drowned out of it.

As well as everyone else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember in the late 90s when I would listen to the Top Six at Six on Fox Fm and record on to a cassette tape Jennifer Paige - Crush.

Because I have that stupid song in my head thanks to Orange crush, you call all have it in your stupid heads too. For the rest of the week.

Finally.

A worthy OP.

Well done tgrs you may have just scored yourself a sneaky beez vote or 2.
I determine who gets the beez votes around here thank you very much.

Are they that spammy

Live in dread. Go for your coffee break, and you've missed 10 pages.

Yet not a single thing was actually said.

Live in dread. Go for your coffee break, and you've missed 10 pages.

Yet not a single thing was actually said.

Thanks for this post.

karl urban art GIF by Tech Noir

Forgot about this movie, must watch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 4: Gumbies FFC v Fighting Furies @ The House of Gumby

Remove this Banner Ad

Back