Official Match Thread Season 38 Round 6 - Ophidian Old Boys v Gumbies FFC @ Spotswood Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

I can still beat my own joke... during college, at one particular employer I got to use a homebrewed Altair clone based on the Intel 8080 micro running CP/M. It had Wordstar which I used a lot, also some spreadsheet program I can't remember. But everything ran off single sided 8" floppies!

Jebus, what a world.

Better than everything being in the ****ing cloud

For me it's what I had access to when a youngster & have grown up on - been using them since I was 10 as that's what we had at school in our computer room and been natural to stick with them, but majority of work environments it's been Windows based operating systems

I definitely find it valuable to have an understanding of both, even simple things like knowing different keyboard shortcuts depending on OS, being able to use Microsoft Office across both etc

I've worked work some are completely lost in front of computers - Baby Boomer generation with simple no idea, but also high school graduates because it's a different OS to what they're used to or they've only used a computer for the very basics
I was given a old Apple Laptop by my brother last year ,he was very excited at the thought of easier communication and introducing me to the world of Apple-he lives in Downtown L.A.
I was more oh that's wonderful, (do I really need to learn a new operating system)
Found a use for it thou-can't say here as it's secret squirrel stuff.

Drinking is way more fun and enjoyable when there's company around.

457266616_1671388590069824_1183676403806501590_n.jpg
Great Job Yes GIF by UFC

Careful, don’t get injured drinking too hard on these hot days
Mate the 1979 to 1982 Carlton team worked hard, played hard and partied hard and so do the OOB's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate the 1979 to 1982 Carlton team worked hard, played hard and partied hard and so do the OOB's.

Maybe so, but does this look like 1982?

Although now I say that out loud, we are the Old Boys after all 😂

I was given a old Apple Laptop by my brother last year ,he was very excited at the thought of easier communication and introducing me to the world of Apple-he lives in Downtown L.A.
I was more oh that's wonderful, (do I really need to learn a new operating system)
Found a use for it thou-can't say here as it's secret squirrel stuff.

A few years ago I was encouraging my mum (post retirement age) to upgrade her phone to a proper smartphone - so she could take photos with it, send photos, receive photos etc and have it be more usable than her phone that was probably 6/8 years old

My brother was all like, "I'll buy you a Samsung like mine, I'll get a discount through Telstra and can put you on my plan" blah blah blah - mum was more than capable of paying for her own phone & plan mind you

I spoke to get on the side and asked what she actually wanted to do because she would receive my hand-me-down Macs when I upgraded, so was use to Apple and I let her play with my phone & she was comfortable with it

It pissed my brother off when I got mum a slightly older model iPhone Max, and he couldn't grasp the idea of her not wanting to learn a new system at her age

People need to understand that what works for one person won't work for everyone, and that includes everyone in the same family, do I don't get buying or gifting tech that you know someone doesn't use - a work environment is obviously a different situation

Maybe so, but does this look like 1982?

Although now I say that out loud, we are the Old Boys after all 😂
We've won two out of the last three premierships. Do you really want us to tamper with a system that seems to be working out very well for us?🤔

We've won two out of the last three premierships. Do you really want us to tamper with a system that seems to be working out very well for us?🤔
Two out of the last three premierships hey, geez we're good.

Two out of the last three premierships hey, geez we're good.
There'll be another one coming in November or December as well mate.

The trophy cleaning polish sure is seeing plenty of action at Spotswood. They don't even know what that is at the Warriors.:laughv1:

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38 Round 6 - Ophidian Old Boys v Gumbies FFC @ Spotswood Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Back