Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 7: Gumbies FFC v Mount Buller Demons at The House of Gumby

Remove this Banner Ad

challenge accepted training GIF
Our battle will be
America Wait GIF

Are otters the nicest animals in the world?

I think so. Classy whiskers
Meerkats run them pretty close. I spent a wonderful couple of hours watching them at our local zoo earlier this year.

Meerkats run them pretty close. I spent a wonderful couple of hours watching them at our local zoo earlier this year.
Yes!

The little guy always standing up straight as a guard is both hilarious and really touching

Yes!

The little guy always standing up straight as a guard is both hilarious and really touching
And they snuffle and bark. The staff at the zoo make them really complex tunnels and hidey holes to play in (as opposed to the complex tunnels and hidey holes that meerkats naturally dig).

Apparently meerkats were the one zoo animal that freaked out during COVID lockdowns. While all the other animals were chill and stoked there were no people, the meerkats were out of sorts as if they were about to fall victim to a stealth attack.

Apparently meerkats were the one zoo animal that freaked out during COVID lockdowns. While all the other animals were chill and stoked there were no people, the meerkats were out of sorts as if they were about to fall victim to a stealth attack.

Not sure whether to laugh or feel sad about that

Probably sad.

I sort of get it. I felt like that for a bit.
What made you feel like you were about to fall victim to a stealth attack?

If I may ask, of course.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure whether to laugh or feel sad about that
Sad. Shit that a species other than humans had a tough time during lockdowns (shoutout to you Victorians particularly who were amazing). What's surprising is that an 'on guard' animal would feel more, not less, heightened when most people disappear.

Sad. Shit that a species other than humans had a tough time during lockdowns (shoutout to you Victorians particularly who were amazing). What's surprising is that an 'on guard' animal would feel more, not less, heightened when most people disappear.
I assume as their job is to be watchful, the amount of movement they see from all the peeople on any given normal zoo day becomes their 'base' of what to expect when they are monitoring their surrounds. So when that changes and their surrounds looks and sounds different (whether it be less or more), something feels off and not right?

What made you feel like you were about to fall victim to a stealth attack?

If I may ask, of course.
Other than a global pandemic where it was unknown how the virus was transmitted and we were locked down and allowed out for an hour a day on our own to buy provisions and worry about our families and friends elsewhere?

Not sure. But that’s all good because I’m having a nice time now https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/post-here-if-you’re-having-a-nice-time.1386780/#post-85178974

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 7: Gumbies FFC v Mount Buller Demons at The House of Gumby

Remove this Banner Ad

Back