Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 7: West Coast Wonders v Ophidian Old Boys at The Colosseum

Remove this Banner Ad

Now, now, let's not put that juju into the universe.

Good Vibes Pma GIF

#keepingourseasonalive

That why I like Ginger Beer Brak... its sweet but not too sweet

:thumbsupv1:

Best I've had is Blenheim's #3, it will literally clear your sinuses:

Costco occasionally sells your Bundaberg Ginger Beer here, which is also very good.

See kids this is what to much weed does to you.

They did a 40th anniversary edition of their first movie's theme song...

Apparently the weed thing paid off.

vodka with a splash of fresh ginger juice*
*method grate fresh ginger into a muslin, steep in boiling water and strain and press out juice.

Best Bloody Mary I ever had included freshly grated ginger, directly in the drink.

View attachment 2100650

Speaking of last night, a unicorn came up on fb marketplace. A high precision Italian watchmaker's lathe with all the fruit. Built like a brick shithouse, still had the original hand scraping marks on the bed. $1000. I call it a unicorn because bargains like that only come up every 4-5 years. And if I hadn't just downsized from my factory to a crammed-to-the-ceiling single garage... :(

Never learned how to machine parts... more's the pity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yup. Punch cards, manually programmed with a paper clip. That's how I learned ALGOL in '79.

Thank the Gods I avoided that punchcard shit... first class to get edumacated on the original IBM PC. All the upperclassmen had horror stories about dropping their piles of punchcards before being able to read them, and having to manually collate them.

In high school, we were still using remote terminals on a shared PDP-11. The terminals had paper tape readers, but we didn't have to use them for projects.

Hmmm, this place is certainly educating, I'll give you that.
Talking of which, where is my offroad truck pr0n ?

Decided I want a Unimog, after delving into there history a bit more, Envisaged as a fast tractor, a vehicle of many coats for farmers and then the military, off-roaders everyone else jumped onboard with it's possibilities.
Always fascinated me in the Army as well -really ? 5 reverse and forward gears, it goes as fast backwoods as forwards.
We not be French, we don't advance to the rear. :cool:

Actually always wanted a Chevy Blitz, pretty much the same thing, but a little less common now.

Oh FFS nek minnut it'll be Beerfish hassling me here with an "OK boomer" gif...

We’re all boomers in our own way. Or will become on. Or were one in another life?

This sounded better before I said it out loud 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 7: West Coast Wonders v Ophidian Old Boys at The Colosseum

Remove this Banner Ad

Back