Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 7: West Coast Wonders v Ophidian Old Boys at The Colosseum

Remove this Banner Ad

Baby Reaction GIF

Frustrated World Cup GIF
Back to the pine for you

So glad our weekend gladiatorial battle is not being played anywhere near Melbourne.

Awoke from a nightmare this morning, involving me watching from afar (at a height), a disaster at a dreamed up Melbourne tennis stadium, during a match, that culminated in a liquefaction complete destruction of the stadium and then a massive landslide from a nearby mountain in the geographic area, that wiped out all around where the stadium once was, just after the stadium slid away during the liquefaction part of the nightmare.

I'm still trying to make sense of the dream. (this is not a joke post)

Maybe triggered from watching bits of both the Cats big win and the Socceroo v Bahrain disaster match, yesterday evening at home.

If i was going to pinpoint the exact moment i started losing interest in modern pop/chart music, it would've been when the likes of Imagine Dragons, Ed Sheeran and Taylor Swift started to become popular.

So it would've been around 2013/2014, but by the time i hit 35 i was just like Grandpa Simpson in that meme you shared.:laughv1:
I probably hit that point way younger than you, I can't handle the light voices/tones, the cram in every instrument in one song stuff- Strong vocals, good melody/tune be excellent for Simple Kenney. ( probably hearing based, background noise and fluff all blends into one unintelligible ARGHHHHH for me)

Actually just replying as I laugh over your constant disdain for Taylor - did she snub you at an autograph signing ? :cool:

( not defending her just amuses me )

So glad our weekend gladiatorial battle is not being played anywhere near Melbourne.

Awoke from a nightmare this morning, involving me watching from afar (at a height), a disaster at a dreamed up Melbourne tennis stadium, during a match, that culminated in a liquefaction complete destruction of the stadium and then a massive landslide from a nearby mountain in the geographic area, that wiped out all around where the stadium once was, just after the stadium slid away during the liquefaction part of the nightmare.

I'm still trying to make sense of the dream. (this is not a joke post)

Maybe triggered from watching bits of both the Cats big win and the Socceroo v Bahrain disaster match, yesterday evening at home.
It is very windy here, howling atm.
Another 2-3 rated cyclonic wind like last Sunday?
Who knows, the weather warning is for extreme weather again today.

Punt Road Hill is not big enough to engulf the stadium area and Mt Dandenong is too far away but the Nylex sign might take flight.

I'm betting your anxiety nightmare is just the result of yet another bad pineapple pizza, dyspepsia is real, making sense of nightmares is abstract.
Recommendation is for chicken soup or clear broth and a flannel.

Awoke from a nightmare this morning, involving me watching from afar (at a height), a disaster at a dreamed up Melbourne tennis stadium

My worst dreams involve similar suspension of physics. No fun.

I probably hit that point way younger than you, I can't handle the light voices/tones, the cram in every instrument in one song stuff- Strong vocals, good melody/tune be excellent for Simple Kenney. ( probably hearing based, background noise and fluff all blends into one unintelligible ARGHHHHH for me)

Actually just replying as I laugh over your constant disdain for Taylor - did she snub you at an autograph signing ? :cool:

The thing is that by only talking about the major label pop fare you are all self limiting, there is plenty of new music around that defies the theory, you just have to look further than what's dished up in the mainstream airwaves.

Taylor Swift and Katy Perry is the Carlton and Collingwood of pop music to me, with Taylor Swift being very much the Collingwood here.:laughv1:

I don't hate her as a person at all, but i can name you several Katy Perry songs i like. I would honestly struggle to name even one Taylor Swift song i like.:laughv1:

The thing is that by only talking about the major label pop fare you are all self limiting, there is plenty of new music around that defies the theory, you just have to look further than what's dished up in the mainstream airwaves.
Oh i was talking about the modern chart stuff. There's been a few underground releases from this year alone that are on my Spotify liked songs list.

The Spotify AI DJ is very good for that type of thing. The DJ feature has been a brilliant addition to Spotify.

The likes of Spotify and iTunes have been brilliant features. Obviously it's awesome to have an entire music library available to you at the click of a button.

It's time for me to go all Grandpa Simpson here, but kids these days listening to music on their phones etc. Back in my day this was what we used.:laughv1:

sony-walkman-cd-player-BEAR6R.jpg

Oh i was talking about the modern chart stuff. There's been a few underground releases from this year alone that are on my Spotify liked songs list.

The Spotify AI DJ is very good for that type of thing. The DJ feature has been a brilliant addition to Spotify.
The Spotify AI DJ's nickname is Funnel.

This ripper of a tune was a hit in 1995 the year the Blues last won the big prize. I just love that 90's electro/trance music sound.

Spotify is the best thing ever to happen for us punters but i don't think the artists like it.

Spotify is the best thing ever to happen for us punters but i don't think the artists like it.
They definitely don't make as much money as when we had to purchase a physical copy. All the money for artists is in touring these days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They definitely don't make as much money as when we had to purchase a physical copy. All the money for artists is in touring these days.
That's why all these old groups who were never going to talk to each other again are suddenly touring again.

That's why all these old groups who were never going to talk to each other again are suddenly touring again.
Kind of like the Old Boys?

True mate, i hate most of them.
I like quite a lot of them. Its just a shame that they’ll never be as good as the Wonders.

Well people are buying less physical copies of music now mate. So i can see why they don't like it.

With regards to the smaller artists, i think people should make an effort to buy the actual CD version of the albums and singles etc if they like their output enough.

The likes of Spotify and iTunes have been brilliant features. Obviously it's awesome to have an entire music library available to you at the click of a button.

It's time for me to go all Grandpa Simpson here, but kids these days listening to music on their phones etc. Back in my day this was what we used.:laughv1:

sony-walkman-cd-player-BEAR6R.jpg
Youre The Coolest Classic Film GIF by Stephanie

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 7: West Coast Wonders v Ophidian Old Boys at The Colosseum

Remove this Banner Ad

Back