Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 8: Fighting Furies v Roys FFC at rfctigerarmy's hippodrome

Remove this Banner Ad

I want to see HinkleysHeroes smiling in delight and James Colorado in tears/utter devestation after tonight.

Also shoutout to 3KZ is Football for his milestone. A true Rillas great and icon..

Harry Beitzel would be so proud of you carrying on the legendary 3KZ name!

images

Elmer_Hauser here is The Elmer Club on Edward St in Old Town, right next door to tigs2010 's house :

I couldn't get the layout exactly right, but from memory (30 years ago when I was last there meeting friends before going to an ACDC concert) it's not far off. I remember there were stairs which then turned left into a bar area. Bar itself was on the right looking forward from the stairs doorway (but here the bar is at the end straight ahead, looking back at us). There was a tiny passage probably a doorway's length on the right into the pool room, which I've preserved. However that room peeled back to the right and I've instead had to build it peeling to the left. I'm also pretty sure there were loos in the real establishment lol, no room here so lets hope there's plenty of room in the bladder!

2024-09-14_07.32.11.png 2024-09-14_07.32.26.png 2024-09-14_07.32.37.png 2024-09-14_07.32.45.png 2024-09-14_07.32.51.png

I want to see HinkleysHeroes smiling in delight and James Colorado in tears/utter devestation after tonight.

Also shoutout to 3KZ is Football for his milestone. A true Rillas great and icon..

Harry Beitzel would be so proud of you carrying on the legendary 3KZ name!

images
A gracious message Elmer_Hauser. As a Fitzroy local and former reserves player at Fitzroy, Harry was an icon of our suburb. Unfortunately he did appear on the rival station 3AW and not 3KZ. Perhaps his ‘beyond the grave’ pride in me comes from the fact that I, along with many others, am old enough to remember the golden years of six VFL games on a Saturday, the classic around the grounds score checks, the late edition of The Sporting Globe (The Pink Paper) and World of Sport on Sundays.

A gracious message Elmer_Hauser. As a Fitzroy local and former reserves player at Fitzroy, Harry was an icon of our suburb. Unfortunately he did appear on the rival station 3AW and not 3KZ. Perhaps his ‘beyond the grave’ pride in me comes from the fact that I, along with many others, am old enough to remember the golden years of six VFL games on a Saturday, the classic around the grounds score checks, the late edition of The Sporting Globe (The Pink Paper) and World of Sport on Sundays.
Six games on a Saturday arvo. Such a shame today's children can never experience this. I noticed last night that the two finals this weekend are scheduled for 7:40pm & 7:30pm. What an atrocious waste of our great game.

Let's go back in time to those around the grounds score checks! This is the video I extracted the audio from the other day:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obligatory 'Game day' post.

Woke up sore AF today. Haven't played basketball in a minute, the pain eases when I remember I hit the game winner.

Might do it again today in qooty.

This will be among the first games I've posted since the Giants and Hawthorn were contenders in September. First bounce around 3pm.
Go the Snorts

Mooch holy shit.

You'll be up and about
After I picked myself up off the floor. My mate was convinced we were going to win (just like he was for the miracle on grass game) but I couldn't see it. After so many easy misses and Hogan dominating at the other end, I had no faith. Now I'm waiting for Wednesday to register for a GF ticket. And before anyone says that's a bit previous, the only way to get one is to register before the PF is played.

After I picked myself up off the floor. My mate was convinced we were going to win (just like he was for the miracle on grass game) but I couldn't see it. After so many easy misses and Hogan dominating at the other end, I had no faith. Now I'm waiting for Wednesday to register for a GF ticket. And before anyone says that's a bit previous, the only way to get one is to register before the PF is played.
Be as previous as you need to be buddy!

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 8: Fighting Furies v Roys FFC at rfctigerarmy's hippodrome

Remove this Banner Ad

Back