Season Moment

Remove this Banner Ad

May 8, 2007
vic
AFL Club
Richmond
I reckon our season turned on one split second - Rd 3 vs Collingwood. We had been overrun by Carlton (ugh!) and been very close to the Swans. Anyway, against the Pies we thrashed them in the first half - they beat us in the 2nd half. We were a goal down in the last quarter and Schulz (who had played OK & kicked very well) takes a big grab 35 out straight in front.

Unfortunately Richo was in the same contest and smashes Sarge. Sarge has to go off - so who takes the kick? Right, Richo. Result - well, you know.

Two weeks later, Sarge kicks 4 behinds straight against the Eagles, and moves further along the road to Coburg. We keep losing close ones, and we are still stuck with no obvious successor to Richo.

I reckon if Schulz had kicked that goal (and we had gone on to win - I know, big if), the season would have been significantly different.

This season has been riddled with ifs and buts. The bottom line is we had many opportunities to win games but fledged badly in the last qtr when it counted. This will improve with experience.

Not having a key ruckman to give us first use of the ball was a major contributor to our poor year. Simmonds was one of the major reasons why we won 10 games last year.

Season was defined 3 seconds in, when Suga roosted the ball 60 metres the wrong way. It was all downhill from there.

Just like starting a new school when you were younger, and hopping into the ugly bird that put out at the first party you were invited to. You'd already set your reputation in stone, and there was no clawing back. Pulling a few half decent chicks later in the year didn't redeem the fact that you were known for your disgraceful performances earlier in the year.

Season was defined 3 seconds in, when Suga roosted the ball 60 metres the wrong way. It was all downhill from there.

Just like starting a new school when you were younger, and hopping into the ugly bird that put out at the first party you were invited to. You'd already set your reputation in stone, and there was no clawing back. Pulling a few half decent chicks later in the year didn't redeem the fact that you were known for your disgraceful performances earlier in the year.

Where do you draw these analogies from HL? They are downright classics!!!

Actually laughed out loud at this.

It didnt quite bring back that sort of memory for me, but I knows what you are saying!

Our captain, our leader, roosted in the wrong way.

Downhill from there I reckons!

I reckon our season turned on one split second - Rd 3 vs Collingwood. We had been overrun by Carlton (ugh!) and been very close to the Swans. Anyway, against the Pies we thrashed them in the first half - they beat us in the 2nd half. We were a goal down in the last quarter and Schulz (who had played OK & kicked very well) takes a big grab 35 out straight in front.

Unfortunately Richo was in the same contest and smashes Sarge. Sarge has to go off - so who takes the kick? Right, Richo. Result - well, you know.

Two weeks later, Sarge kicks 4 behinds straight against the Eagles, and moves further along the road to Coburg. We keep losing close ones, and we are still stuck with no obvious successor to Richo.

I reckon if Schulz had kicked that goal (and we had gone on to win - I know, big if), the season would have been significantly different.

I think with a the experience of this year we might be able to turn that around. Showed pretty well in the second Collingwood game where we got challenged and then belted them. Heads seemed to be right that night.

Agreed, after Plough's 2011 comments, Suga showed us that

"This season, we are going Backwards"

Agreed, after Plough's 2011 comments, Suga showed us that

"This season, we are going Backwards"

he must have been feeling that comprimised feeling pretty early huh?
you gotta luv plough, one line and he got what you wanted.
Lets see, we had Gm suggesting that we could have done better with recruiting, because of our predicament re. Finances, which to those who actually "think" suggests we are not where we really wanted to be, so plough comes in, pulls that line, puts the senior group into limbo and what do you get? 2, 18 and 19 picks and 1 in the PSD when we have a recruiter that can recruit.
If you dont understand that deal, then go back to sleep. ;)

:)SEASON defining moment for me was taking possession of that ridiculous looking tiger skin thingy that came with the membership.

Just couldn't envisage myself waving it, nor did I get much chance to wave it.

Back to the drawing board marketing team and post me something decent next season!

Where do you draw these analogies from HL? They are downright classics!!!
You would like to hope they aren't his own experiences.:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Season Moment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back