Season Projection Now We Know What We Know

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne? North?
We did start the season with our most experienced players (bar Hansen)...with the same general set-up. Didn't really work last year, nor the start of this year.

Cox, Selwood, Priddis, Jones, Nicoski, Kerr, Waters, Butler, Glass, Embley, Rosa, Lynch, Hansen, Mckinley, Hurn... 15 players who arent going to show much more than they already have tbh. Not a bad group if you add a few superstars but now is just keeping us stale.

agreed, half those players are deadwood atm, it's a shame with lynch, i used to think he was such a good player and now everytime he gets near the ball he looks so freakin unco. so many players are shadows of there former selves...really shows how our midfield in 05-07 made these players look like absolute superstars...

Melbourne? North?
4 of the last 5 weeks we have had a younger and less experienced team than both of those sides.

We could be blooding more youngsters, Shuey and Masten would be playing if they weren't injured, but I think we are playing the youngsters and setting up for the future pretty well at the moment. The more games that the group plays together the better they will get, but they need the senior players to do their part and contribute to the team, which is lacking at the moment.

Didn't realise Ebert had played 41 games, more than I expected. I don't reckon he deserves the "young and developing" excuse much longer.

Since your sound like an expert on stats, do you realise he turned 20 last month ? To put that in comparison Scooter and Notte also turned 20 last month, Nic Nat this month and Shoey in 9 days are celebrating 20th birthdays, as are JJ, Ash Smith and Swift later in the year, Who do you rate better then Ebert at the moment ?

Since your sound like an expert on stats, do you realise he turned 20 last month ? To put that in comparison Scooter and Notte also turned 20 last month, Nic Nat this month and Shoey in 9 days are celebrating 20th birthdays, as are JJ, Ash Smith and Swift later in the year, Who do you rate better then Ebert at the moment ?

I think I expressed my point badly. I didn't mean he has no excuse, but he is nearing the 50 game mark and that is generally when players start to break out.

I was also surprised he was actually that close to 50.

Honestly games played doesnt count for much when you are coming off OP with two interupted pre-seasons. Games played means the coach is trying as hard as he can to fast track your development. But at the end of the day if you dont have the summer pre-seasons under your belt to go with that its not as great a benefit.

And its not just fitness, pre-seaons give you a chance to work on all aspects of your game.

Ebert having played 40+ games shows that when he was drafted we were struggling and we threw him in early. I think Ebert has the makings of an exception HFF.
I agree with you that ebert is coming along nicely and his skills and decision making has improved. I also think that we have had improvement from rosa but we need to get selwoods out of the middle and get stevens and shuey and houli in there.

IMO WC will finish above Richmond, Melbourne and the Kangaroos. Of the only other teams below them currently, Adelaide are too good to finish so low and I expect them to win more games as the season continues.

Going off on a tangent somewhat (and avoiding opening a new thread), given WC are likely to have pick 10 or 12 or 14, what type of player would you expect them to target at that pick?

Going off on a tangent somewhat (and avoiding opening a new thread), given WC are likely to have pick 10 or 12 or 14, what type of player would you expect them to target at that pick?

We will do what we always do. Go for the best available player. We always do that with our first pick. Its only with the remaining picks that we may draft to suit needs.

We will do what we always do. Go for the best available player. We always do that with our first pick. Its only with the remaining picks that we may draft to suit needs.

This line is trotted out every draft time but in reality there is so much diversity in how each kid is rated that clubs end up drafting the BEST player ACCORDING to their NEEDS and lean towards midfielders when in doubt.

However for the sake of the question I posed - lets just assume a KPP and a midfielder are equally rated - which way does WC go ?

11th April:

We'll start the year around 3-8 then finish it 6-5 to win 9 games overall, miss the finals and talk up our prospects on 2011 based on the second half of the year being better than the first...

27th May:

Sitting 3-6 with Carlton and Geelong to come before the half way point of the season. Would be very surprised to see us anywhere other than 3-8 at that point.

With home games against Adelaide, Brisbane and North and clashes with Richmond, Freo and Essendon we're a chance to achieve my 6-5 prediction, though based on the first 9 rounds I'd suggest that's probably an optimistic finish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

11th April:

27th May:

Sitting 3-6 with Carlton and Geelong to come before the half way point of the season. Would be very surprised to see us anywhere other than 3-8 at that point.

With home games against Adelaide, Brisbane and North and clashes with Richmond, Freo and Essendon we're a chance to achieve my 6-5 prediction, though based on the first 9 rounds I'd suggest that's probably an optimistic finish.

good call...

Im leaning towards being 3-8 then in the 2nd half going 4-7.

Remove this Banner Ad

Season Projection Now We Know What We Know

Remove this Banner Ad

Back