State of Origin Series XIX Round 1: Allies v Vic Metro at the Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes i am this old.:laughv1:

449357239_10161706579543619_2953912120213546723_n.jpg

I'm not going to tell you which year (or decade) I got my first email address...

Pairs well with this....

I think it was from the mid to late 90's onwards that computers became more mainstream.

Prior to that i think the only people who'd have one, would only be business people/company executives.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it was from the mid to late 90's onwards that computers became more mainstream.

Prior to that i think the only people who'd have one, would only be business people/company executives.
Yup, my parents bought a PC in the mid-90's, but it was hardly used. I remember when they were buying it me and my brother got to pick a game each to go with it. I chose DOOM, my bro chose Wacky Wheels, haha.

But you're right, PC's were quite a novelty back then, I don't think I used the internet with any regularity until about 2001-2002 somewhere? Even then it was still in its infancy compared to today with no YouTube, Google, etc.

Yup, my parents bought a PC in the mid-90's, but it was hardly used. I remember when they were buying it me and my brother got to pick a game each to go with it. I chose DOOM, my bro chose Wacky Wheels, haha.

But you're right, PC's were quite a novelty back then, I don't think I used the internet with any regularity until about 2001-2002 somewhere? Even then it was still in its infancy compared to today with no YouTube, Google, etc.
I have vague memories of the early 00's internet, but it wasn't until early 2007 that i bought my first PC.

I think back in 2001/2002 Yahoo was the most popular search engine. It's still around but hardly anyone uses it now i think!

I have vague memories of the early 00's internet, but it wasn't until early 2007 that i bought my first PC.

I think back in 2001/2002 Yahoo was the most popular search engine. It's still around but hardly anyone uses it now i think!
Yup, Yahoo search engine was the one back then! And their chat messenger thingy as well.

Yup, Yahoo search engine was the one back then! And their chat messenger thingy as well.
The whole landscape has changed so much since back then.

With laptops, tablets and the smart phone, i think there has been a decline in sales of the traditional desktop PC.

Certainly in relation to home/non business usage i'd say there is anyway.

Don't be sad the 90's and early 00's were by far, the best years to grow up in as far as i'm concerned.

Peak WWE/F. Peak Rap music. Less than 3725 genders.

Agreed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back