Seriously where are we at?

Remove this Banner Ad

How can anybody be worried when we have superman??

501953-rhys-stanley.jpg

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/rhys-stanley-slam-dunks-myth/story-e6frf9jf-1225837501011

St.Fly, the "whipping boys"are the whipping boys for a reason.
Freemantle has rid itself of the players who make bad decisions under pressure and we still have Raph and Cougar.

Kosi can't be Roo, but hell, can't he be a guy to kick One goal or apply SOME defensive pressure. How often did he lose a contest and have it swept up the other end. The guy is a very poor full forward.

We have accepted last years disappointment only with the hope of this year. We have traded away early picks for traded players and mortgaged our future. We have given away Maguire and Ball and failed to pick up Barlow or Silvagni.

We have made many decsions to get up that extra step. Maybe it requires dropping the whipping boys for their failure and gambling on developing their replacements and take the short term hit.

Good points.

I suggest replacing the ruckman with a forward. Kosi seems to offer (a little) more when running in the ruck. I think swapping a gardi / mac forward, may provide a contest, as they are less likely to 'hunt the footy' up the ground, when we are pressing forward.

I was a big fan of stanley in the nab, but i think good form get you picked, not potential.

Peake is interesting, as bad as he can be, i think having him in the team releases goddardand gram, odd i know. Peake has his limitations (lik 15 possies max.) but he filled the holes deeper (structure wise) that goddard and gram have had to do. could just be raf though.........
I agree, I hope Peake starts standing out at Sandy because he could be really valuable. Has pace, has a long penetrating kick and can kick goals. Dissagree with the 15 possies max though, he had 18 againts Port and had 6 tackles. Should be picked ahead of Raph in my opinion. Dont really understand why Peake got dropped because he seemed to be getting more comfortable by the week.

Sorry lads but without Roo I think you will struggle to even make the finals.

You were lucky to beat the Bullies and the Pies. Could easily be where we are and 2-6

LOL, not gonna happen, but would be the biggest let down of any sports team ever. It would officially make the St. Kilda football club a ONE MAN TEAM!!!!! hahahahhahahha

I didn't watch the game, only listened but from what I could tell at least most of the players pulled their fingers out this week.

The problem? Ross has no idea what to do with the forward line. Kosi is down a bit and he's trying stupid shit for a second key forward. What's this Fisher/Goddard tag team between forward and defence? FFS just leave Goddard there. We would of shat that in with Roo in, the inside 50s were just being bounced back out. It seemed like a solid effort on the rest of the ground, for the most.

What's wrong with Peake? I know his skills aren't the sharpest (not Robinson Crusoe at the moment), but why wouldn't you play him against the Bombers?! Gram going down didn't help, but we need all the bloody speed we can get. I refuse to tip us with Peake and Gram out at Subi next week. Hell I don't know why I did this weekend.

Can't wait for next week, Dawson to get rubbed out, Raph back in for him no doubt.

huge changes next week I think.

Dawson out - 1 Weeks suspension ( The only way to get him out of the team)
McQualter - Dropped
Schneider - Dropped
Gram - Out injured
Heyne - Out

Ins

Peake
Stanley
Clarke ( if fit )
Steven
??????

huge changes next week I think.

Dawson out - 1 Weeks suspension ( The only way to get him out of the team)
McQualter - Dropped
Schneider - Dropped
Gram - Out injured
Heyne - Out

Ins

Peake
Stanley
Clarke ( if fit )
Steven
??????

i really liked what i saw from heyne. he has some speed and a long penetrating left foot! keep him imo. agree with the other 'outs'.

for our ins bring in gaertner instead of raph (my opinion but i reckon ross with go with clarke instead).

out

dawson - suspended (he'll go for a minimum of 2)
schnieder - dropped (downhill skier)
mcqualter - dropped (not even keeping the ball in our forward 50 anymore, let alone kicking goals)
gram - injured

in

gaertner (from all reports he's been a solid contributer for sandy all year down back)
steven (best for sandy this weekend)
stanley (second best for sandy, desperately need another marking option)
a smith (need another mid to come in for gram and can't think of anyone else)

No way Schneider and McQualter are getting dropped even though I agree they have been poor.

Clark in for Gram
Still not sure who should come in for Dawson.
Peake in for Heine because of the big ground probably although I like Heine's potential.

He will really feel the pressure to win so he wont bring in youngsters Steven, especially on a big ground away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

getting close to a write off unless something dramatically changes. i'd almost start playing some youngsters as they'll prolly do as good (or better) than some of our more experienced players i.e schnieder & mcqualter.

i really hope ross lyon does a back flip at the end of the season and trades players for draft picks. the team is really struggling with polish which early draft picks provide. we've got a really good core of about a dozen players recruited around 2000-2003 then not much after that.

i really hope ross lyon does a back flip at the end of the season and trades players for draft picks. the team is really struggling with polish which early draft picks provide. we've got a really good core of about a dozen players recruited around 2000-2003 then not much after that.

LOL. Reactive much?

LOL. Reactive much?

you look at our list and tell me we don't have some serious talent coming through the ranks. there's guys like heyne, steven and stanley - then not much after that. then we have blokes like pattison and peake in which we brought into the club and can't even get a game. i just don't agree with us bringing in so many reject players (so to speak). you can't tell me you didn't role your eyes when you found out adam patisson was drafted???

you look at our list and tell me we don't have some serious talent coming through the ranks. there's guys like heyne, steven and stanley - then not much after that. then we have blokes like pattison and peake in which we brought into the club and can't even get a game. i just don't agree with us bringing in so many reject players (so to speak). you can't tell me you didn't role your eyes when you found out adam patisson was drafted???

He was brought in as insurance if King and Gardiner went down, which for a team that relies on having two strong ruckman wasn't a bad thing.

getting close to a write off unless something dramatically changes. i'd almost start playing some youngsters as they'll prolly do as good (or better) than some of our more experienced players i.e schnieder & mcqualter.

That reminds me.. Nexus should be due for an appearance around now.

He was brought in as insurance if King and Gardiner went down, which for a team that relies on having two strong ruckman wasn't a bad thing.

yes i get that. we also have mcevoy and stanley coming through the ranks plus another young kid that slips my mind. then there's kosi who doesn't mind a run in the ruck. i stand by my statement that he wasn't/isn't required, for insurance or otherwise. poor selection imo.

yes i get that. we also have mcevoy and stanley coming through the ranks plus another young kid that slips my mind. then there's kosi who doesn't mind a run in the ruck. i stand by my statement that he wasn't/isn't required, for insurance or otherwise. poor selection imo.

Fair enough, but that selection at that stage of the draft isn't going to determine the fortune of a club's season.

so let me get this right (based on what you just quoted and obviously disagree with). we should persevere with our out of form players and not give some young kids a go and we do not lack depth?

Nah - Just wondering who you would trade for first round draft picks. To get a first rounder you'd have to go DalSanto, or Gilbert or such, maybe you could swing a good deal for Kosi.

Don't mind playing the kids. Steven and Heyne have played already. Geary has played all year. But I don't think its a good idea to fill the team with them unless you wanto instill the values of a good thrashing.

mate think your wrong, geartner, mc grath,cahill,lynch, miles, smith, walsh and simpkin. the problem is they don't get a run. look when stanley got a game along side roo,kozi etc. we carn't expect to blood as the main target.

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously where are we at?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back