SFL Div 2 - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's surprising to be honest I've seen Skye twice this year and they looked well drilled and disciplined side just lacking s bit of class

mate"s who watches sky reckons they will make finals:) looking at the ladder they have a lot of work to do:D gl to them i like to see underdogs succeed,,,,,,,,,:thumbsu:

Should be a cracking finals series.

Oakleigh look tall and solid and Highett haven't lost a game. Springvale, Murrumbenna and Bentleigh are all in with a chance as well.

Oak v. Bent this weekend should be a cracker!

It would be 80% made up from Springy players with some from Highett, Oakleigh and Murrumbeena to fill up the numbers.

Springy won't lose a game for the rest of the year. Bookmark it.

would prefer a wager lets say $100 payable week after grand final ok?:thumbsu:

photos from Highett v Caulfield: http://sportingphotos.com.au/gallery/index.php?do=photocart&viewGallery=10064

Just on that game, I've always thought Caulfield was a great SFL club, but what happened in the seconds yesterday was a disgrace.
From what I understand, reported for hitting a player, then when sent off hit the red card out of the umpires hand, then called the "racist card". I was 100m away but got most of it on camera. Fair to say Caulfield will be looking for 3 new players this week.
I thought he spat at the umpire as well, looked like it through the lens, but the umpire said he didn't.

Anyone from Oakleigh want to talk us through the weekend. Were there a heap of injuries or did someone schedule a wedding before they realised they were playing on the weekend? Or were they just plain belted by a better side?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are nearly at the half way mark and I think everyone has under estimated Bentleigh. They have lost to Springvale & Murrumbeena by a kick or so and were comprehensively beaten in the wet against Highett. They have not done to badly considering everyone thought that they would be brushed aside by the supposed physical SFL teams.

I see that the Big Besha is back playing. I haven't been able to get down the last few weeks and won't down in the next few. Can anybody update on a) his form and b) how the on-field's working with the Assist Coach making the moves?

Could be interesting next year if and when Keysborough join the SFL.

Will Springy Districts hang on to all of the old hacks from Keysy who jumped ship for the $$$ when their best footy is behind them?

I hope that Springy dont win the flag this year as it would set up some interesting games for next year. Will both teams be able to field a 2's team?

Unfortunately both of these clubs havent worried about developing juniors, as such the numbers are dwindling.

Has the money man left Keysie?

Who will the travelling man Greg Walker be playing for?

Could be interesting next year if and when Keysborough join the SFL.

Will Springy Districts hang on to all of the old hacks from Keysy who jumped ship for the $$$ when their best footy is behind them?

I hope that Springy dont win the flag this year as it would set up some interesting games for next year. Will both teams be able to field a 2's team?

Unfortunately both of these clubs havent worried about developing juniors, as such the numbers are dwindling.

Has the money man left Keysie?

Who will the travelling man Greg Walker be playing for?

Is this in the pipline? I thought the SFL would only chase new clubs to join the competition only if they had a colts team as well?

Have you heard something Mahalo or just taking the pi55 out of Springy?

Is this in the pipline? I thought the SFL would only chase new clubs to join the competition only if they had a colts team as well?

Have you heard something Mahalo or just taking the pi55 out of Springy?

Very, Very, VERY Strong rumour!!!

I think both these clubs would love to have juniors. Trouble is, there aren't many aussie rules loving juniors in both Springvale and Keysborough.

Interesting to see there is no results from the tribunal as yet or no talk on here of it. Wasnt at the reserves game but have heard a lot about it. Bentleigh reserves player pushed an umpire in the throat, my tip is it will be sweapt under the carpet because the Southern League want to keep these teams in the comp. A Skye reserves player did it a couple of years ago and I believe he was suspende for 2 years Very similar to the incident in the practice match where a well travelled Springvale Districts player belted a young bloke and got off with a 2 week ban because a young bloke at his club was prepared to take the fall and the Southern League knew exactly what happened but let it pass because they want these so called 'name' players in the comp. Wont be long before this comes back to bite them. The player in question was heard spruiking about it in a local pub to an opposition coach and this came from a very good lady friend of mine. Enough of my gripe though.
I saw the senior game at Skye last week and it was a great game of local footy played in great spirits, umpired well and was a pleasure to watch.
Southern League and its people should concerntrate on things like this.

Interesting to see there is no results from the tribunal as yet or no talk on here of it. Wasnt at the reserves game but have heard a lot about it. Bentleigh reserves player pushed an umpire in the throat, my tip is it will be sweapt under the carpet because the Southern League want to keep these teams in the comp. A Skye reserves player did it a couple of years ago and I believe he was suspende for 2 years Very similar to the incident in the practice match where a well travelled Springvale Districts player belted a young bloke and got off with a 2 week ban because a young bloke at his club was prepared to take the fall and the Southern League knew exactly what happened but let it pass because they want these so called 'name' players in the comp. Wont be long before this comes back to bite them. The player in question was heard spruiking about it in a local pub to an opposition coach and this came from a very good lady friend of mine. Enough of my gripe though.
I saw the senior game at Skye last week and it was a great game of local footy played in great spirits, umpired well and was a pleasure to watch.
Southern League and its people should concerntrate on things like this.
Tribunal sitting tonight as stated on the SFL website! Also I was wondering if you were present at all the above incidents and did witness first hand? Otherwise hearsay. Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back