SFL Division 2 - 2013

Who will win SFL Div 2 Final in 2013

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

i dropped into south yarras home ground (fritsch holzer) to watch a super rules game can some please tell me this was a training venue and not the proper home ground as i have been to many grounds with ammos and supers and i have nver come across a ground so lacking in every way no club rooms the visitor rooms down the lane and so small you could not swing a dead cat . the ground surface that looked like a cow paddock and four lights at one end of the ground for night time what a joke! if this is their only venue then coudos to all at the club for being involved as a propestive player i would walk in take one look at the place and then just turn around and walk out not even bothering to change in to footy gear and go to a differnt team with better facilities

South Yarra as a club are a shambles. How they are still in division 2 is remarkable. They should have seen the writing on the wall last year and gone down to division 3 after finishing last. It would do their club no good being embarrassed week in week out. The joke of the competition.

Well documented that if Black Rock were financial then South Yarra would be in Div 3. It seems that the Jets aren't too far ahead of South Yarra in my opinion on the issues of ground (see SFL photo on social media) & facilities (small changerooms) & lighting either (granted McDonald reserve is getting an lighting upgrade next year).

Not trying to be a smartass here or sound harsh but Black Rock only winning 4 games in Div 3 thus far & currently in 8th position, they kind of deserve to be there

Pretty easy to kick a club when they are down, but at least South Yarra are still out there giving it their best despite all of their short comings. They could have insisted on going to Div 3 which would have left Div 2 with a bye. Caulfield should be congratulated for stepping up unlike a few other Div 3 clubs which are happy to hide down there. They even took the scalp of Oakleigh Districts which was a great effort.
Moorabbin have done ok and will be better for the experience next season. All in all Div 2 is a pretty competitive Division and the finals again promise to be a ripper.

To be fair, they've been shifted from pillar to post by various councils.
how many times have they been moved ? i know finding suitable grounds is hard but to accept that ground as your home venue is surly a death wish for the club. Did the SFL help them try and find a suitable ground as this venue is an embarresment to the SFL

Round 14 - If we were playing at Augusta, they woud call it "moving day"

Bentleigh v Springvale Districts. No real reason here to pick Springy other than Bentleigh's form has been infifferent of late. They are both playing for the coveted double chance so things should be very willing.

Skye v Hampton Hammers. It was a massacre first time up with the Hammers embarassed by 20 goals. They won't be able to turn that around and this game will signify the official end to the Hammers season. 7th is to Hampton what 9th is to Richmond.

Oakleigh Districts v Caulfield. The pies have too many avenues at goal to dissappoint here. Last week's win did them well to secure the top spot. They have a relatively easier draw than the others, so it is hard to see them lose top spot.

Moorabbin v South Yarra. South Yarra are south bound and the Roos have already ordered the extra Guinness barrell for Saturday night. Fair points made re the SY ground this week, it makes it near-on impossible to recruit players when that's what you have to offer.

Murrumbeena v Mordialloc. This round's most interesting game - Beena could topple out of the five forever if they lose here and Mordi could lose the double chance if they go down. Both teams playing for sheep stations here. The Bloods just!

Magoo World; Bentleigh, Skye (but only just), Oakleigh Ds, Moorabbin and Murrumbeena by plenty.

give it a rest we know the ground is shocking but we cant do much about it at the moment councils dont give good grounds away. we are having a couple of tough years but we still front up and have a crack.
i have never bagged your club just your facilities i think it is a credit to all at the club that you have players commited and turning up each week

our ground (south yarra) was worse last year at this time from all the rain we've had...we've been lucky with the dry weather this year...the sfl president (canizzo) used to play for us 2 years ago so the league is more then aware of it

who do you support snomed?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

our ground (south yarra) was worse last year at this time from all the rain we've had...we've been lucky with the dry weather this year...the sfl president (canizzo) used to play for us 2 years ago so the league is more then aware of it

who do you support snomed?
well has the sfl partiononed the council or local goverment on behalf of your club and the league to get you better facilities and if not then as club i would be asking the sfl for a please explain as they have a duty of care to all clubs to make sure that there is decent playing surfaces and faclities i hope you get some reward soon for all the clubs hard work

Round 15

Mordi v Moorabbin. Mordi are too good down back to let this game slip. The Roos need to protect the corridor to keep it close but will still lack the goal scoring firepower to win. Mordi by 18 points

Skye v Oakleigh Districts. The only one interesting game this week which could see the end of the Bombers season if they lose here. These teams hate each other and the Skye boys will need to keep their emotions in check or they will be in trouble, and they will be hoping Velardo is still not playing. The home ground and the enormity of the situation will see Skye just sneak in. Skye by 1 point

South Yarra v Bentleigh. I compare Fritsch Holzer Park to the toilet in "Trainspotting". Bentleigh by 80 points

Hampton v Springvale Districts. An upset win to the home side is not out of the realms of possibilities here. It is a very tight ground compared to the open fields of Springvale Reserve and not easy to play. Skye should be offering a CUB incentive to the Hammers to inspire them to greater heights. Still, Springy are going ok and Hampton can't rack up winning totals. Springy by 24 points

Caulfield v Murrumbeena. The Bears have really ran out of puff this year and still have four games to play. This will be just another hiding, then Beena will turn their focus to next week's game v Skye. Murrumbeena by 70 points

The 2s: Moorabbin comfortably, Skye, Bentleigh, Hampton and Murrumbeena

There was an incident in the Moorabbin/Mordialloc reserves game where the Moorabbin ruckman made contact with the umpire in a ball up. The ump then red carded the ruckman, sent him off and reported him. Then on his report sheet he claimed the contact was intentional. I might be wrong but surely this is ridiculous. How can a player be sent off for a half of football for brushing an umpire in a ruck contest? It didn't affect the game, but you wouldn't want this happening in a final.

There was an incident in the Moorabbin/Mordialloc reserves game where the Moorabbin ruckman made contact with the umpire in a ball up. The ump then red carded the ruckman, sent him off and reported him. Then on his report sheet he claimed the contact was intentional. I might be wrong but surely this is ridiculous. How can a player be sent off for a half of football for brushing an umpire in a ruck contest? It didn't affect the game, but you wouldn't want this happening in a final.
what made it werst the ump was from queensland

Was an absolute joke of a decision, even the Mordi boys couldn't believe it. The wind was blowing a gale, the umpire threw the ball up, the ruckmen eyes on the ball. The wind takes it back over the umpires head so the ruckmen looking up in the air follows it. How is that contact intentional!? It did affect the game in that we only had a backup ruckman for the whole 2nd half, but agreed - you wouldn't want that to be happening in a final. Doesn't matter where the umpire was from, he clearly had no sense of the game & weather conditions...

does anyone know if the scores for the mordi-moorabbin seniors are correct in that mordi didn't score after half time

I'm 99% sure scores are correct. Conditions were very windy at Mordi and Moorabbin played more to their ability in the 2nd half. Take nothing from Mordi though, they played very well at the start when the game was there to be won. Will definitely finish top 3.

I'm 99% sure scores are correct. Conditions were very windy at Mordi and Moorabbin played more to their ability in the 2nd half. Take nothing from Mordi though, they played very well at the start when the game was there to be won. Will definitely finish top 3.

Thanks for that BoS. Very unusual for a winning side not to score for such a long period

Nah mate scores are correct, Mordi didnt score in the last quarter

Here comes the knock out round for skye, a loss here will most likely end their season, should be a great game to watch

Remove this Banner Ad

SFL Division 2 - 2013

Back