SFNL Div 1 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Starting to heat up and prob the most even comp I can remember. Dingley out in front, but i reckon Chelt, Port & City would fancy themselves of knocking them off if they got it right on the day, East Malvern not far away and Bentleigh, St Pauls and Mordi have taken some scalps and shown there is no easy games. Bentleigh incredibly unlucky with COVID missing games against Oakleigh and Highett, if they were 8 points they would be well in the hunt for a top 5 spot.

Starting to heat up and prob the most even comp I can remember. Dingley out in front, but i reckon Chelt, Port & City would fancy themselves of knocking them off if they got it right on the day, East Malvern not far away and Bentleigh, St Pauls and Mordi have taken some scalps and shown there is no easy games. Bentleigh incredibly unlucky with COVID missing games against Oakleigh and Highett, if they were 8 points they would be well in the hunt for a top 5 spot.
Not too sure that Dingley is too far out in front. Should have lost to Bentleigh but just got a bit of luck with 30 seconds to go. They were at their verbal best throughout the game with some pretty dirty comments to some of Bentleigh's young players which was heard from behind the fence. Some sly rib rubs and elbows along the way as well. Be an interesting finals series and very even which is great for the comp.

Not too sure that Dingley is too far out in front. Should have lost to Bentleigh but just got a bit of luck with 30 seconds to go. They were at their verbal best throughout the game with some pretty dirty comments to some of Bentleigh's young players which was heard from behind the fence. Some sly rib rubs and elbows along the way as well. Be an interesting finals series and very even which is great for the comp.

This doesn't sound like Dingley behaviour (sarcastic). fair to say they are protected and always have something to say. Not a fan of how they behave - different standards down at souter oval that's for sure.

Fair to say, I think Port are the best team in the comp - the only query is how they go on a big ground in finals.

Dingley certainly are the easy picks that have done it time and time again, can not fault their form.

Cheltenham ravaged with injury at the moment, if they can get their best team back on they will be one to watch.

doggies, need to keep winning and results fall their way.

Port no Saints, from what I hear their behaviour at Bentleigh ( getting into their young players also) was way worse than Dingo's. That's coming from a neutral watcher who lives beside Bentleigh ground. What's the story with East Malvern, though they were team to beat a few weeks ago. Saw Doggies Mordi at weekend. Watch out If Doggies make finals. They looked quick, sharp and great disposals to team mates. Mordi look like the have injuries.

Port no Saints, from what I hear their behaviour at Bentleigh ( getting into their young players also) was way worse than Dingo's. That's coming from a neutral watcher who lives beside Bentleigh ground. What's the story with East Malvern, though they were team to beat a few weeks ago. Saw Doggies Mordi at weekend. Watch out If Doggies make finals. They looked quick, sharp and great disposals to team mates. Mordi look like the have injuries.
I believe East Malvern may have up to 8 regular players out injured. Still pushed dingley until last quarter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks really good!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Bentleigh missed out on Port last weekend. Youngsters would have s*it themselves at Port, you could say "lucky Demons". What goes around comes around.

E Malvern and St Pauls both missed out on possible 4 points last week that would have helped. Also St Pauls missed Highett in first lockdown. So I think that the final 5 almost set now. St Pauls V E. Malvern this coming weekend could have shaped up as a fifth place decider.

Has Cheltenham lost Mctaggart, if so big loss. Was a good solid player, would be big asset in finals.

Where is the animal enclosure ??

How compramised does the season become if we miss a couple more games? Look at bentleigh have missed certain wins against the 2 bottom teams and we might miss more games?
Simple. Make it a final 6 for this season.
Have 6 and 7th play off for a final spot and go from there.
Let Oakleigh and Highett play off to see which club stays in Div 1.

Bentleigh missed out on Port last weekend. Youngsters would have s*it themselves at Port, you could say "lucky Demons". What goes around comes around.

E Malvern and St Pauls both missed out on possible 4 points last week that would have helped. Also St Pauls missed Highett in first lockdown. So I think that the final 5 almost set now. St Pauls V E. Malvern this coming weekend could have shaped up as a fifth place decider.

Has Cheltenham lost Mctaggart, if so big loss. Was a good solid player, would be big asset in finals.
Bentleigh should of won against Dingley, and would have been confident of another good show at Port. The only thing that would have concerned them would have been the ferrule's in the crowd for the renunion. Just adding that Port only just beat them last time. Surely if the the season loses another round after this weekend, then it is compromised and decisions will be made on the finals structure. Also, might save clubs from promotion and relegation.

let’s be realistic, 6 v 7 playing off for finals spots etc. Outrageous what’s to say mordialloc wouldn’t have made the 5? They are on the same points as bentleigh and St. Paul’s.

Wouldn’t it make more sense to go with a top 4 vic ammos style? 1 v 2 & 3 v 4. Considering we have lost weeks already.

with the current situation we are in and no guarantee of next week, I would think the league would want get a finals series done rather than messing around for 2-3 weeks.

It’s either that or include moridalloc to the 4-7 group that are 8 points and 30+ % of the pace. And play with a top 8

1 v 4 2 v 3 5 v 8 6 v 7.

the league did this 3-4 years back - played a 19s finals series with the AFL finals structure.

Bentleigh should of won against Dingley, and would have been confident of another good show at Port. The only thing that would have concerned them would have been the ferrule's in the crowd for the renunion. Just adding that Port only just beat them last time. Surely if the the season loses another round after this weekend, then it is compromised and decisions will be made on the finals structure. Also, might save clubs from promotion and relegation.
That is why it is important to win games early in the season like Port Colts have done. All good to say Bentleigh should've and could've, but they didn't.

That is why it is important to win games early in the season like Port Colts have done. All good to say Bentleigh should've and could've, but they didn't.
The season is compromised and there are clubs that have been clearly hampered with the shutdowns. I only mentioned Bentleigh as a prime example, i'm not disputing your theory on winning early games, but its clear that we'll be shut down until at least the end of the month. The SFNL and other leagues have some big decisions to make soon.

what do you mean? You should be given the right to bounce back in the 2nd half of the year in an 18 game season! Yea early wins are great but everyone involved with Bentleigh would be spewing! Is it the times we are in? Yes unfortunately, but surely your not that dismissive to the fact that they were coming good only to be halted by Covid! That’s bloody stiff I feel for them! The season is 100 per cent compromised!

Remove this Banner Ad

SFNL Div 1 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back