SFNL Div 2 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heatherton realistically should've been 6th in line to go up and play Div 2 next year. That is where they finished last year with a 9-9 record in Div 3.....so well done for taking the opportunity in going up.
Firstly, have Mt Waverley folded? If not, they should be made to play the year out in Div 2. Only 3 years ago East Brighton where on the brink of folding and had 22 registered players and no reserves and toughed it out for a year. That same season Mt Waverley won a flag! It is a pure cop out if they have requested to be dropped back to Div 3.
Don't get me started on Hampton Park. All the resources and $$. Enough said!
Why didn't Clayton want to stay up? Proud club a long way back from the big boys in Div 3.
Endeavour Hills and Ashwood wouldn't be able to cut it in Div 2.
I personally think Heatherton will find it tough in Div 2 but they have recruited a few. A win for them would be to survive relegation and build from there. Well done on having a crack!

Heatherton realistically should've been 6th in line to go up and play Div 2 next year. That is where they finished last year with a 9-9 record in Div 3.....so well done for taking the opportunity in going up.
Firstly, have Mt Waverley folded? If not, they should be made to play the year out in Div 2. Only 3 years ago East Brighton where on the brink of folding and had 22 registered players and no reserves and toughed it out for a year. That same season Mt Waverley won a flag! It is a pure cop out if they have requested to be dropped back to Div 3.
Why didn't Clayton want to stay up? Proud club a long way back from the big boys in Div 3.
I personally think Heatherton will find it tough in Div 2 but they have recruited a few. A win for them would be to survive relegation and build from there. Well done on having a crack!

I guess they know how hard it is to win a flag and attain promotion so if they can get into Div 2 without winning a flag and think they can avoid relegation then why not give it a crack.

I guess they know how hard it is to win a flag and attain promotion so if they can get into Div 2 without winning a flag and think they can avoid relegation then why not give it a crack.

They probably want to win their divy 3 auskick medals before coming up to div 2 ahaha

Do we know why?
The AGM was on Tuesday 11th December. New president and committee elected. She was sacked on Wednesday 12h December over the phone just before last training session before the break. Players are very unhappy with this and have said they will follow her to wherever she goes.

Hey guys would really appreciate some help. Im 19 and playing up in AFL Cairns Reserves so not a very high standard comp but still not rubbish level I dont think. I'm looking at moving down to Victoria to test out playing down there and was wondering what the standard of various leagues/divisions are like. Would really appreciate the help as I dont want to play somewhere where I wont be good enough but I am willing to work hard whilst still enjoying my footy.

Hey guys would really appreciate some help. Im 19 and playing up in AFL Cairns Reserves so not a very high standard comp but still not rubbish level I dont think. I'm looking at moving down to Victoria to test out playing down there and was wondering what the standard of various leagues/divisions are like. Would really appreciate the help as I dont want to play somewhere where I wont be good enough but I am willing to work hard whilst still enjoying my footy.

Hi mate, where about in Vic are you moving to as this will have some impact on the league and team i'm sure. Best thing is just to get down to a local clubs training and you will immediately get a feel as to where you sit in terms of skills and the like.

If nearby to Murrumbeena, always welcome to come down and have a kick!

Also this link ranks the leagues based on the interleague results - https://aflvic.com.au/2019-comm-championship-rankings/ our league is ranked #20 at present

Hi mate, where about in Vic are you moving to as this will have some impact on the league and team i'm sure. Best thing is just to get down to a local clubs training and you will immediately get a feel as to where you sit in terms of skills and the like.

If nearby to Murrumbeena, always welcome to come down and have a kick!

Also this link ranks the leagues based on the interleague results - https://aflvic.com.au/2019-comm-championship-rankings/ our league is ranked #20 at present
Don't undersell us Greg Tivendale we are now ranked #19 with the merger of SEFNL & Yarra Ranges ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I also didn't see EDFL on the list?
EDFL pulled out of the championships & did not compete last year as they viewed interleague "as not in the best interests of the Essendon & District Football League".

This is the same league that was opposed to the salary cap & player points being introduced by AFL Vic.

You'll also see on that list the Loddon Valley FL being towards the bottom. They only re-entered the championships after a 4 year hiatus as the realised the benefits of promoting their league through interleague albeit they had to re-enter ranked 32nd. Watch them rise quickly up the rankings in the next few years.

The SFNL compete against Riddell DFL this year with both leagues already recruiting very well. Those that represented the league last year well tell you it was a memorable bus trip up and back & a program well worth supporting. It was well reported last year that the SFNL had its fair share of speed bumps along the way, but this interleague trip last year was something that they should be commended on.

p.s.
R.I.P Irish
#UpUpTheSouthern

EDFL pulled out of the championships & did not compete last year as they viewed interleague "as not in the best interests of the Essendon & District Football League".

This is the same league that was opposed to the salary cap & player points being introduced by AFL Vic.

You'll also see on that list the Loddon Valley FL being towards the bottom. They only re-entered the championships after a 4 year hiatus as the realised the benefits of promoting their league through interleague albeit they had to re-enter ranked 32nd. Watch them rise quickly up the rankings in the next few years.

The SFNL compete against Riddell DFL this year with both leagues already recruiting very well. Those that represented the league last year well tell you it was a memorable bus trip up and back & a program well worth supporting. It was well reported last year that the SFNL had its fair share of speed bumps along the way, but this interleague trip last year was something that they should be commended on.

p.s.
R.I.P Irish
#UpUpTheSouthern

Speaking of recruits, Ex.East Brighton gun backman Nathan Stewart set to join us at Beena!

Is the list staying similar to last year at Beena? Very good side that probably weren’t at their best at the pointy end of the season.

From what I can gather at training we have kept most of the squad together with some handy additions so should be in the mix provided we show up in the finals (if we make it).

Mate, I've seen you asking about matchies on heaps of threads in different states. If you're playing ressies in Cairns, there pretty much isn't a league in existence where you will be able to earn match payments. Apologies for the brutal honesty, but literally no chance I would think

From what I can gather at training we have kept most of the squad together with some handy additions so should be in the mix provided we show up in the finals (if we make it).
Recruit all you want mate! no chance getting close to the eagles this year

Recruit all you want mate! no chance getting close to the eagles this year

surely last season is proof that anyone can win on the big day.....
eagles should have romped in the GF based on the results from a fortnight before the granny but choked (an opinion from an eagles player / coaching member). get ahead of yourself at your own peril.....

surely last season is proof that anyone can win on the big day.....
eagles should have romped in the GF based on the results from a fortnight before the granny but choked (an opinion from an eagles player / coaching member). get ahead of yourself at your own peril.....

Sorry to sound harsh mate! Not trying to offend anyone. Just being realistic.

Last year was just a warm up for the eagles. This year its just going to be a walk in the park. I'm tipping 100+ plus points grand final win for the eagles this season. So I sort of feel sorry for the other team who makes the gf

Excuse my ignorance, but how do clubs like Heatherton etc survive under the points system, taking into account they don't have juniors?

Sorry to sound harsh mate! Not trying to offend anyone. Just being realistic.

Last year was just a warm up for the eagles. This year its just going to be a walk in the park. I'm tipping 100+ plus points grand final win for the eagles this season. So I sort of feel sorry for the other team who makes the gf

Kidding yourself if you think it's already decided. Do you play? Would love to know what number you'll be wearing this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back