SFNL Div 3 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

You jump to concusions pretty quickly!

Maybe.....Probably putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5.

Just based on last weeks league meeting, club results, starting the year with 2 Netball teams, canteen issues regarding not having an accredited food handler, owing the league and now the president resigning.....

Set it straight, I have no interest in seeing any club fold

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Brooksy banta?? Please you d get better zingers out of a gumboot , plain as day to see zingers don't come out of his mouth they just go in....with some large chips and wicked wings ta boot I'd say

Great banter now with the 'Lady' from Lyndale and 'The Advocate' from Ashwood not here.

Keep it up boys and curls

Haha. Not much i can do besides eat hey. Im sure if you told everyone who you were youd be copping a pasting on here. Ill eat 25 zingers if we win the flag saturday. Ill share one with you over a beer and some banter. Maybe you can teach me some.

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app
You know who I am your my BIGGEST fan (pun intended) , I've seen the way you look at me when your in my presence on the field , it's called meeting your heroes face, I'm offended to say the least

What's the feeling from those involved in clubs in the bottom 7 or 8 of this years ladder, pro going to 4 divs or against?

If you look at it from a financial standpoint alone, cutting fees would set a lot of clubs who like Dandy and Sandown battle to pay their bills up for more succesful operations.
You look at how many players for those sides would have played <4 games for the year - they're not paying fees to the club so they essentially go backwards just trying to field teams.

Competition wise, would it tighten the gap from Moorabin to Dandy/Sandown - maybe a touch, but it would entice players to stick fat and enjoy some more competitive games week in and out.. plus it generates space in the league to bring in Hampton Park & the multitude of expansion clubs.. wins all-around so to speak

Hampton Park have won about 4 games in the last 5 years should be in div 3-4 if they come in
Past players returning from clubs like Noble if they come into the SFL. They will also have more success recruiting new players and are cashed up to make the most of it. They'll smash div 3 if they end up there. I'd back them to play in the div 2 gf if they come in

Past players returning from clubs like Noble if they come into the SFL. They will also have more success recruiting new players and are cashed up to make the most of it. They'll smash div 3 if they end up there. I'd back them to play in the div 2 gf if they come in
wouldnt make finals in div 3 is my opinion with the side they had this season seen them twice ,they were shocking so if they are cashed up and get some mercenarys in thats a different story

wouldnt make finals in div 3 is my opinion with the side they had this season seen them twice ,they were shocking so if they are cashed up and get some mercenarys in thats a different story
They would be a very different line up if they cross over. They can easily afford to spend to the full div 2 cap (150k) if they want. They aren't afraid to throw big numbers around. They have said they would be comfortable coming into div 2 rather than div 3

Last edited:

their list this year was decimated and the worst it has been in a number of years due to mercenaries walking out. last years side would have made div 2 finals I believe. they are in fantastic shape off the field but have no intentions of coming in and spending up big for success. the cap in div 2 may be $150k but clubs would be nowhere near that and if they are it is a disgrace at this level. going on the standard alone u would be crazy to spend even half the cap. if they do get the nod from SFNL they will have a better list but are under no illusions and realise they may have to keep doing it hard in the short time to build the right culture for the standard they play in......

the problem last year was the players called a meeting ON THE NIGHT of the agm and decided they wanted to leave SEFNL to join SFNL and it was too late at that stage. apart from that, those players wanted the same money (way overs) to join a lesser standard. the club is better off without them but is wary of coming in and spending up big on the wrong types of ppl / players.....

Should be a good game tomorrow. Pity about the venue.

The SFNL should have moved the GF to Keysborough, imo. There is no way they should be playing a GF at a construction site with far too little parking. During the 2nd semi fans were complaining about having to park up near Cheltenham station due to the lack of parking - and that was one of the most poorly attended SFNL finals I have ever been to. Parking will be a nightmare tomorrow.

Having spectators and players from both sides using the same toilets is a recipe for another stuff up like the CPL / Mt Waverley GF blue a few years ago.

As for the game, I didn't see Doveton play this year, so I can't make any real prediction on how the game will pan out. Tipping Doveton by about 10pts in a fairly low-scoring affair.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gonna have a crack at the Div 3 team of the year.

Opinions?

FF
1. T.Kumetatis (Lyndale) 2. D.Morrison (E.Hills) 3. R.Robertson (Doveton)

CHF
1. K.Bliesner (B.Rock) 2. D.Carroll (Ashwood) 3. A.Read (Doveton)

C
1. K.Finlayson (S.Yarra) 2. C.Wilson (Doveton) 3. B.Hoe (E.Hills)

CHB
1. P.Mauracher (CPL) 2. R.Forsyth (Ashwood) 3. D.Chin (Hallam)

FB
1. D.Jose (Doveton) 2. M.Perresso (Hallam) 3. W.Sanchez (B.Rock)

Follow on
1. P.Wineberg (Ashwood) 2. D.Batson (E.Hills) 3. P.Ward (Hallam)

Bench
1. E.Samadi (Doveton) 2. C.Gardiner (Lyndhurst) 3. M.Symons (S.Yarra) 4. J.Toole (Lyndale)

Gonna have a crack at the Div 3 team of the year.

Opinions?

FF
1. T.Kumetatis (Lyndale) 2. D.Morrison (E.Hills) 3. R.Robertson (Doveton)

CHF
1. K.Bliesner (B.Rock) 2. D.Carroll (Ashwood) 3. A.Read (Doveton)

C
1. K.Finlayson (S.Yarra) 2. C.Wilson (Doveton) 3. B.Hoe (E.Hills)

CHB
1. P.Mauracher (CPL) 2. R.Forsyth (Ashwood) 3. D.Chin (Hallam)

FB
1. D.Jose (Doveton) 2. M.Perresso (Hallam) 3. W.Sanchez (B.Rock)

Follow on
1. P.Wineberg (Ashwood) 2. D.Batson (E.Hills) 3. P.Ward (Hallam)

Bench
1. E.Samadi (Doveton) 2. C.Gardiner (Lyndhurst) 3. M.Symons (S.Yarra) 4. J.Toole (Lyndale)
Not a bad effort. Always tough when your only seeing opposition players once or twice a year if your lucky.

With my Doveton bias, I'd argue that Cam Carmody and Michael Callanan should be walk up starts. Both have only played half the year though so that might count against them. Jarrod O'Neil goes alright as well.

Matt Stuart from Lyndale can play.

The big forward from sth Yarra (merchant I think?) was good against us as well

Last edited:
All those players are good players but you gotta pick blokes where they actually play i reckon. Peresso plays on ball but couldnt see him being a good bp? Same as sanchez. Cant just fill a team full of mids in different positions

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not a bad effort. Always tough when your only seeing opposition players once or twice a year if your lucky.

With my Doveton bias, I'd argue that Cam Carmody and Michael Callanan should be walk up starts. Both have only played half the year though so that might count against them. Jarrod O'Neil goes alright as well.

Matt Stuart from Lyndale can play.

The big forward from sth Yarra (merchant I think?) was good against us as well

No offense mate, I've seen both of them (Callinan and Carmody) play. They are highly overrated imo

I think its just other players around them that made them look good

No offense mate, I've seen both of them (Callinan and Carmody) play. They are highly overrated imo

I think its just other players around them that made them look good
I'd say the opposite is true.
Callanan is a jet. Carmody was the YVMDFL interleague ruck/forward before playing with us.
Like I said it's hard though when you see your own mob every week and others rarely.

I reckon there's some very handy footballers in the division that would go well in the interleague side. Very little attention paid to div 3 by selectors though

Remove this Banner Ad

SFNL Div 3 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Back