SFNL Division 1 2023 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t underestimate Cranny again .
We Beat The Rosellas early and only lost by 17 with a few of our players out.
We seem to match up very well on them .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
True, scores were level late in the game at Weatherall Rd, think only Hayes is out at the moment so Chelt at nearly full strength for the Finals

Hoping for a Morsi and St Paul’s win, stranger things have happened.
One can hope but this is a Mordialloc side with a combined 14 points over the last 8 quarters….

Would be a real shame if St Paul’s dont make the 5, been in some great form recently beating the best sides. That 1 point loss to Port a couple weeks back will haunt them. And so will their loss to Mordialloc earlier in the season.

If Narre Warren join the SFNL it will strengthen Div 1, what's more with St.Kilda City going down and probably a second relegated side it will do the league no end of good.

East Brighton (on current form) and Narre Warren would both benefit the current two horse race that's unfolding.

If I’m the SFNL I’m writing a nice letter to the concerned clubs and the MPFNL (and AFL Vic) asking them to please stop with this fanciful bullshit every two ****ing years. How many times do they need to be told by their own clubs that they don’t want expansion?

Do we really need this months-long disruptive process every couple of years that always just goes nowhere? All it does it put doubt into everybody’s mind and make it harder to plan.

If you want to have a wider chat about the structure in the region then fine, but this pointless bullshit has to stop.

I mean Cranbourne, wtf? Knocked back from the MPNFL twice, declare WE’RE DONE, the SFNL is our home now! And 18 months later they try again with the same pointless process?

If I’m the SFNL I’m writing a nice letter to the concerned clubs and the MPFNL (and AFL Vic) asking them to please stop with this fanciful bullshit every two ******* years. How many times do they need to be told by their own clubs that they don’t want expansion?

Do we really need this months-long disruptive process every couple of years that always just goes nowhere? All it does it put doubt into everybody’s mind and make it harder to plan.

If you want to have a wider chat about the structure in the region then fine, but this pointless bullshit has to stop.

I mean Cranbourne, wtf? Knocked back from the MPNFL twice, declare WE’RE DONE, the SFNL is our home now! And 18 months later they try again with the same pointless process?
Time for SFNL to go after Seaford, Chelsea & Edi-Asp seeing that MPNFL have too many clubs already ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SFNL should be pissed off that cranny are hedging their bets still.
From what I can gather the football side of things at Cranny in the SFNL is great and they have enjoyed their time. However the Netball has dropped right off (apparently down to 1 team) due to travel, netballers see it as an inferior league. I think this was part of the reason for them looking to link back up with the MPNFL. I might be wrong?

SFNL should be pissed off that cranny are hedging their bets
From what I can gather the football side of things at Cranny in the SFNL is great and they have enjoyed their time. However the Netball has dropped right off (apparently down to 1 team) due to travel, netballers see it as an inferior league. I think this was part of the reason for them looking to link back up with the MPNFL. I might be wrong?
This is true, Cranbourne players saying the same who have partners involved in Netball

Yes, correct, Netball can bring in much more that a few games to watch, added numbers at functions, canteen, volunteers, other revenue and culture. Netball has helped Narre Warren and apparently they enjoy plenty of socials..which is a big reason why they applied to MPFNL for admittance.

Remove this Banner Ad

SFNL Division 1 2023 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back