SFNL Division 1 2024 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I very highly doubt this statistic. Your player points do not indicate this… but none the less a good win for your club but spending the coin you are to finish 6th at best I suggest is an unsustainable model.

St.Pauls seem to hobbling to the finish line, will be a cracking game v arch rivals the All Stars this coming Saturday who are also coming off a very good win v Cranbourne… who seem to be at the end of their run, but have been a fantastic introduction to the Southern.
Have certainly made the comp stronger as will Narre who will come straight into D1 with a bang.

If East Brighton didn’t shit the bed in the prelim, that grand final would’ve been interesting in 2015. Definitely wasn’t just one team in it.
But, I do agree, the standard of SFL today compared to 2015 is much better.
A lot better depth. With Cranbourne, East and Port fighting for fifth spot the comp is in a good place.
Add Narre next year and it gets even better.
Plus Beena or Doveton would be more competitive than Chelsea or Mordi

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
What happened in that Prelim again? You use the phrase ‘shit the bed’ it must’ve been pretty bad!

City having whinge.... I've heard it all now.

They thought D2 would be fine and they could have a rebuilding year, well guess what ladies and gents off to Div 3 you go.
How the mighty have fallen…..City to D3 and Clayton…..second bottom in D4 👍👍

Hard to fathom how Chelsea Heights can complain about relegation. they've beaten only Mordi who are a basket case. Not sure who they're beating next season if they remain in div 1.

Hard to fathom how Chelsea Heights can complain about relegation. they've beaten only Mordi who are a basket case. Not sure who they're beating next season if they remain in div 1.
Now that Troy Schwarze has signed as coach for Bonbeach, what does that mean for Tapscott at Heights?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably a sign of things to come this year, but Colts were very lucky to beat them Round 1

Port Colts Wow! Did not expect that...
They've underachieved massively with their star-studded squad this year but looks like they've hit their straps at the right time. The fight for 5th is anyone's game right now.
Mordi must be on their knees right now... Very rough season
Tough for Chelsea with the double drop but their relegation was sealed the second Tapscott was done for the year. They were so reliant on him and their depth was non-existent unfortunately. The depth between Chelsea and Bentleigh is why Chelsea will be in Divvy 2 I think.

Port Colts Wow! Did not expect that...
They've underachieved massively with their star-studded squad this year but looks like they've hit their straps at the right time. The fight for 5th is anyone's game right now.
Mordi must be on their knees right now... Very rough season
Tough for Chelsea with the double drop but their relegation was sealed the second Tapscott was done for the year. They were so reliant on him and their depth was non-existent unfortunately. The depth between Chelsea and Bentleigh is why Chelsea will be in Divvy 2 I think.

The battle for 5th has heated up .
Could come down to Port needing to beat Chelt in the last round .

Hargraves is a star

The battle for 5th has heated up .
Could come down to Port needing to beat Chelt in the last round .

Hargraves is a star

What has been the turn around ? The Half I watched vs Springvale as previously mentioned prior to the bye the other week, they looked the most flattest, uninterested bunch I had watched all season but since that bye they’ve fired on all cylinders. Great for the finals if they can sneak in

Off to watch Roseallas vs All Stars tomorrow , some at the roseallas believe the All Stars match up well against them could be in for a good game

Any transfer or clubland goss around ? Normally the hotlines are hot around this time of year

What has been the turn around ? The Half I watched vs Springvale as previously mentioned prior to the bye the other week, they looked the most flattest, uninterested bunch I had watched all season but since that bye they’ve fired on all cylinders. Great for the finals if they can sneak in

Off to watch Roseallas vs All Stars tomorrow , some at the roseallas believe the All Stars match up well against them could be in for a good game

Any transfer or clubland goss around ? Normally the hotlines are hot around this time of year
I think you’ll find All stars missing at least 6 players from last week including their clearly best player

Wow! What happened to Port?
How can you beat Dingley away then 7 days later lose to Bentleigh by 70 points… Looks like they had a strong side in too. That’s them done for September now….

Wow! What happened to Port?
How can you beat Dingley away then 7 days later lose to Bentleigh by 70 points… Looks like they had a strong side in too. That’s them done for September now….
Who makes finals? Cranny currently 3% in but play Springy (who they beat last time) whereas All Stars have Chelsea Heights who they should account for comfortably. How much does 3% roughly account for? Cranny / All Stars may win their first final but can’t see either beating any of the top 3.

Who makes finals? Cranny currently 3% in but play Springy (who they beat last time) whereas All Stars have Chelsea Heights who they should account for comfortably. How much does 3% roughly account for? Cranny / All Stars may win their first final but can’t see either beating any of the top 3.
Rough numbers, Cranbourne are +123 points, EB are + 91 points, meaning approx 32 points difference. If EB win by 6 goals more than Cranbourne do, they should make it.

Rough numbers, Cranbourne are +123 points, EB are + 91 points, meaning approx 32 points difference. If EB win by 6 goals more than Cranbourne do, they should make it.
I reckon Cranny might just knock off Springy 1-2 goals, but based on your % calculations All Stars will make it they will beat CH BY 9-10 goals….the % will still be very close on the final ladder

I reckon Cranny might just knock off Springy 1-2 goals, but based on your % calculations All Stars will make it they will beat CH BY 9-10 goals….the % will still be very close on the final ladder
I watched near on 3qtrs of the All Stars Saturday afternoon- 9-10 goals to beat CH ? No way with what was witnessed Saturday, the movement by foot or dare to hit a red jumper by foot to open the game up is as bad as the bottom 3 sides and the ball movement and foot skill outside of the well paid top 10 in general is so poor in fact the 2 times I’ve watched them I’ve been very flattered by the brand they play, if they make it I’d be surprised to see them trouble anyone. Was no Downie but Hutchison, Semmel and the 2 big boys forward carry far too much and 1 player that’s probably a real positive and has surprised in the 2 games watched is #2 Mitch Backman, his work rate to get up and back for a half forward and his contest work in the air or on the ground and general skill level stands out on the other hand the Roseallas were just cruise mode most of the game. They will flex first final and be hard to knock with the depth that runs as deep as any of the top sides of recent memory. Dunnell, Lonie , Weidkhart, Edwards , Hayes , Vaughan, Verma , B2B.

Back to the Village this week to watch the Dingoes and Dogs which should be a cracking contest. Interested to see how both coaches attack the game knowing they have 1 another 7 days later.

Springvale v Cranny could also be a match up back 2 back, Districts on a 2 game slide although have taken on the top 2 seeds , 4th spot probably indicative of lack of ‘Top enders ‘ or game breakers ?

Port Colts - Trouble ? 70 pts to springy (could have been more ) then roll through the top 2 then lose by 80 to the bentleigh juniors, someone from the colts please explain

Finals footy is here.

I watched near on 3qtrs of the All Stars Saturday afternoon- 9-10 goals to beat CH ? No way with what was witnessed Saturday, the movement by foot or dare to hit a red jumper by foot to open the game up is as bad as the bottom 3 sides and the ball movement and foot skill outside of the well paid top 10 in general is so poor in fact the 2 times I’ve watched them I’ve been very flattered by the brand they play, if they make it I’d be surprised to see them trouble anyone. Was no Downie but Hutchison, Semmel and the 2 big boys forward carry far too much and 1 player that’s probably a real positive and has surprised in the 2 games watched is #2 Mitch Backman, his work rate to get up and back for a half forward and his contest work in the air or on the ground and general skill level stands out on the other hand the Roseallas were just cruise mode most of the game. They will flex first final and be hard to knock with the depth that runs as deep as any of the top sides of recent memory. Dunnell, Lonie , Weidkhart, Edwards , Hayes , Vaughan, Verma , B2B.

Back to the Village this week to watch the Dingoes and Dogs which should be a cracking contest. Interested to see how both coaches attack the game knowing they have 1 another 7 days later.

Springvale v Cranny could also be a match up back 2 back, Districts on a 2 game slide although have taken on the top 2 seeds , 4th spot probably indicative of lack of ‘Top enders ‘ or game breakers ?

Port Colts - Trouble ? 70 pts to springy (could have been more ) then roll through the top 2 then lose by 80 to the bentleigh juniors, someone from the colts please explain

Finals footy is here.
Bentleigh were due a big scalp, they took it up to Chelt and St Paul's and a few lapses cost them in key moments across other games this season. Whilst their season has looked poor due to their ladder positioning, their best football will get them far if they can string it together for longer periods of time. Still a lot of work to do, but their best on Saturday must have been very good to embarrass Port Colts like that.

Time for Port Colts to stop worrying about prison money and worry more about fixing up their club. Their reserves are a laughing stock who go out there and try and bash players and then hurl abuse at the other side playing their 1s. Not good for local footy at all, but unfortunately that is what the SFNL produces, and does nothing to stop.

Bentleigh were due a big scalp, they took it up to Chelt and St Paul's and a few lapses cost them in key moments across other games this season. Whilst their season has looked poor due to their ladder positioning, their best football will get them far if they can string it together for longer periods of time. Still a lot of work to do, but their best on Saturday must have been very good to embarrass Port Colts like that.

Time for Port Colts to stop worrying about prison money and worry more about fixing up their club. Their reserves are a laughing stock who go out there and try and bash players and then hurl abuse at the other side playing their 1s. Not good for local footy at all, but unfortunately that is what the SFNL produces, and does nothing to stop.
Sorry mate I’m confused because when I got to the game , I saw no7 from Bentleigh who looks like a gorilla on steroids throwing punches at kids , so Harry Handcuffs if your going to post , have some truth in it , and while we are at it , what about the thug who sling tackle our player in the seniors into the concrete and had to be taken to hospital and getting 14 stitches to his head. Don’t let the truth get in the way of your story.

Remove this Banner Ad

SFNL Division 1 2024 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back