SFNL Division 1 2024 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

VAFA is $17, so ball park. Don't forget footy leagues went without finals revenue in 2020 & 2021. A broken record, but costs have risen with basically everything.

What do you propose is a reasonable entry fee? $15? Its only $5 extra

We all want the best: grounds, facilities, premiership cups, medals, staff, HQ, umpires, canteen etc etc
But nothing is for free.

The Ovens and Murray lives streams for free.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Hard to even be surprised by Port Melbourne at this point. Seems as though their 1s seasons was ended with a big loss, and now the 2s season by a bit of sneaky player ineligibility.

VAFA is $17, so ball park. Don't forget footy leagues went without finals revenue in 2020 & 2021. A broken record, but costs have risen with basically everything.

What do you propose is a reasonable entry fee? $15? Its only $5 extra

We all want the best: grounds, facilities, premiership cups, medals, staff, HQ, umpires, canteen etc etc
But nothing is for free.
fair enough, I guess I'm comparing it to MPNFL, who livestream for free and charge $15 for Div 1 entry.

No problem with $10 for streaming, but 'per division' is a piss take in my opinion

Hard to even be surprised by Port Melbourne at this point. Seems as though their 1s seasons was ended with a big loss, and now the 2s season by a bit of sneaky player ineligibility.
They're hardly the first team to put someone on the teamsheet that isn't playing, especially in Reserves. Had he not been runner, it wouldn't have been an issue.

Sounds like they named an injured player who ended up being the runner to qualify for finals….
Is it really that hard to err on the safe side and put him on the bench in his playing kit and have him walk on the ground for the last 30 seconds of each quarter?
Play stupid games win stupid prizes I feel…

They're hardly the first team to put someone on the teamsheet that isn't playing, especially in Reserves. Had he not been runner, it wouldn't have been an issue.
Correct, however it is still silly to be the runner. If you are going to be sneaky, you think you would do it properly and sit on the bench all game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn’t their u19s have to forfeit a week ago also?

Cheltenham under 19s forfeited there final with dingley after moving up to the top 19s division and kept all there points from playing Div 2 sides stiff if you finished 6th

What causes a 19s team to forfeit a final?

Told they had 30 qualified players but only 13 to pick from .
had many serious injuries in the last couple of games including concussions and was told the club was very strong on the 21 days protocol.
Apparently some other injured players offered to play but with the risk of making the injuries worse the club was also strong on this .

Also told they had a few other players who had played 2-3 games, so not qualified, they asked the league for support on the 4 game ruling but league was strong in saying no.

If above is correct it is a strong showing to its player welfare from the club .
Tough call though to make

Told they had 30 qualified players but only 13 to pick from .
had many serious injuries in the last couple of games including concussions and was told the club was very strong on the 21 days protocol.
Apparently some other injured players offered to play but with the risk of making the injuries worse the club was also strong on this .

Also told they had a few other players who had played 2-3 games, so not qualified, they asked the league for support on the 4 game ruling but league was strong in saying no.

If above is correct it is a strong showing to its player welfare from the club .
Tough call though to make

Spoke to one of the dads while doing the timekeeping earlier in the season. They only had 20 at the start of the year and were struggling for numbers which was the reason why they started in Div 2. They had younger players fill in during the year to make up numbers so that may make up the 30 qualified. There's some big bodies in U19's so it may be a bit daunting for some of the younger boys
Might have been able to get away with it in Div 2, sometimes the rules need to be a bit flexible to keep U19's going. The forfeit reflects more on the league than the club itself in my opinion

are they affiliated with cheltenham panthers JFC or is there another chelt junior club?
Cheltenham Panthers Juniors spread their wings a bit after their junior days are over….some head to the Rosellas, others to St Bedes, Beauy had their foot in the door at one stage and now Heatherton have attempted to align themselves with the junior club.

Remove this Banner Ad

SFNL Division 1 2024 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back