Speculation Shai Bolton [OOC 2028]

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, so realistically, one STAR or potential STAR. Makes the Warner and Bolton potential trades really important IMO.

Everyone says that but as you say we haven’t done many trades and it’s taken a while but we are in with a sniff off our good drafting

So if we just keep doing well with our picks what do you think will happen to us

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

You made sense until this.

The core is not even in their prime yet. The window is 8 years. Getting or not getting Bolton won't change that.

The window is 8 years, not even brisbane of early 2000s, hawk of 2010s had that luxury.

Just checked the 2023 ladder to confirm my suspicion.

Freo is top 4 on the back of a near bottom 4 finish in 2023.

Top 4 finish for you might just be the worst things to happen, forget about premiership, think about how to stay in the 8 as the draw will be far more difficult in 2025 and most of the other teams improving.

You are not 2 A graders away from a premiership, you need 2 to just stay in the 8.

Teams will never win a premiership with up and down seasons but stay low, get a whole bunch of top top picks and then a dozen very good supporting players with similar age profile. To prolong, you then top up the list with free agents.

The window is 8 years, not even brisbane of early 2000s, hawk of 2010s had that luxury.

Just checked the 2023 ladder to confirm my suspicion.

Freo is top 4 on the back of a near bottom 4 finish in 2023.

Top 4 finish for you might just be the worst things to happen, forget about premiership, think about how to stay in the 8 as the draw will be far more difficult in 2025 and most of the other teams improving.

You are not 2 A graders away from a premiership, you need 2 to just stay in the 8.

Teams will never win a premiership with up and down seasons but stay low, get a whole bunch of top top picks and then a dozen very good supporting players with similar age profile. To prolong, you then top up the list with free agents.
Your rationalisation of North's last 5 years is quite amazing.

Things can change quickly and I would say we are not turning this around too quick, I honestly think we need to spend a few years down the bottom getting the number #1 pick or #2 pick a few times.

But with Fremantle's list they need to pay overs and bring someone or 2 high quality players in & push for a Premiership right now.
The next 2-4 years is Freo window imo after that it closes. a lot of there best players are coming into their middle-age prime.

We took a risk with Taranto & Hopper and I don't blame us for doing it. doesn't look like it's going to work but you have to take risks in this Sport cause some other club will and they will reap the rewards.
well your mob traded in 3 blokes at the end of 2016. 1 from the Gold Coast suns in Dion Prestia another from Sydney in Toby Nankervis, They also got Josh Caddy from Geelong.

Nankervis and Caddy were the only 2 blokes on your whole list that won a final. So essentially A lot of blokes in your 2017 richmond side not only got their 1st premiership medals but their 1st ever finals win.

Richmond should of at least won 1 final in that 2013-15 period. They actually had guys like Ivan Maric and Troy Chaplin what won finals in their previous clubs before joining richmond.

I sort of Agree with freos window being 2-4 years with Walters and fyfe at the end of their careers. Guys Like Alex Pearce, James aish and Jaeger O meara in that 28-30 year old bracket too.

No quotes anywhere unless I've missed them. Interesting.
I've had relisble supporters from both Freo and Richmond say they've heard Bolton isnt too happy and/or approached Freo (backed by Ryan Daniels) so I take the article with a grain of salt though Richmond are making all the noises they aren't open to trading him so it's probably in the bin.

Last edited:
I've had relisble supporters from both Freo and Richmond say they've heard Bolton isnt too happy and/or approached Freo (backer ny Ryan Daniels) so I take the article with a grain of salt though Richmond are making all the noises they aren't open to trading him so it's probably in the bin.
It's pretty hilarious in the same vein as Bobby Hill being really upset about all these trade rumours. Apparently not upset enough to not capitalise on the very purpose of those rumours being generated .

Everyone says that but as you say we haven’t done many trades and it’s taken a while but we are in with a sniff off our good drafting

So if we just keep doing well with our picks what do you think will happen to us

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
That could very well work but you keep drafting and those kids take time.

Your window is wide open now. Make the most of it I say.

No quotes anywhere unless I've missed them. Interesting.

I've had relisble supporters from both Freo and Richmond say they've heard Bolton isnt too happy and/or approached Freo (backer ny Ryan Daniels) so I take the article with a grain of salt though Richmond are making all the noises they aren't open to trading him so it's probably in the bin.
Ralph said on the midweek tackle it was a direct quote from his management. Not sure why he didn't put it in the article.

I've had relisble supporters from both Freo and Richmond say they've heard Bolton isnt too happy and/or approached Freo (backed by Ryan Daniels) so I take the article with a grain of salt though Richmond are making all the noises they aren't open to trading him so it's probably in the bin.
My understanding of it (courtesy of the Tigercast) was that Freo/WC came at Bolton with big $$$), not the other way around. The article backs that up.

My understanding of it (courtesy of the Tigercast) was that Freo/WC came at Bolton with big $$$), not the other way around. The article backs that up.
Yeah, different sides saying different things, it will be somewhere in the grey area but regardless, sounds like Richmond have no interest in trading him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, different sides saying different things, it will be somewhere in the grey area but regardless, sounds like Richmond have no interest in trading him.
We don't want to trade him, he doesn't to go and he's contracted for another four years.

Probably puts an end to our fun in this thread. I'll see you over in the Baker thread 😂 😂

2 points,

Being contracted makes it much harder to get a trade done than being uncontracted so overs more likely.

Being contracted still requires a trade to be agreed upon and more likely fair value. The issue isnt your point, the issue is the supporter bases not agreeing on fair value.
Dont worry about it , He will never get it !!

Best to just say CCJ and he gets what we mean

Saad / CCJ ............. Both Uncontracted

Your rationalisation of North's last 5 years is quite amazing.

Any ture north support will tell you it's the best thing it has happened, clear the deck, rid off bloat, get the right people into the club, total restart, things looking good.

When you are not ready, stay down the bottom.

well your mob traded in 3 blokes at the end of 2016. 1 from the Gold Coast suns in Dion Prestia another from Sydney in Toby Nankervis, They also got Josh Caddy from Geelong.

Nankervis and Caddy were the only 2 blokes on your whole list that won a final. So essentially A lot of blokes in your 2017 richmond side not only got their 1st premiership medals but their 1st ever finals win.

Richmond should of at least won 1 final in that 2013-15 period. They actually had guys like Ivan Maric and Troy Chaplin what won finals in their previous clubs before joining richmond.

I sort of Agree with freos window being 2-4 years with Walters and fyfe at the end of their careers. Guys Like Alex Pearce, James aish and Jaeger O meara in that 28-30 year old bracket too.
It should be much longer than 3-4 years, we had the highest representation in the best U23's in the AFL last year.

It should be much longer than 3-4 years, we had the highest representation in the best U23's in the AFL last year.
I know its off topic. But Wont mind Richmonds 2017-2020 premiership run.

I just cant see freo make finals for 5 or 6 years in a row. More like with this young squad, a 2 or 3 year run then a 2 year rebuild then another 3 year run.

I wont be suprised if its Similar to ken Hnkleys finals stint at Port.

I know its off topic. But Wont mind Richmonds 2017-2020 premiership run.

I just cant see freo make finals for 5 or 6 years in a row. More like with this young squad, a 2 or 3 year run then a 2 year rebuild then another 3 year run.

I wont be suprised if its Similar to ken Hnkleys finals stint at Port.
In the next 2-3 years our core under 24's will be in their prime, why would we need another 2 year rebuild???

Some older players will be retiring in 2 or 3 or 4 years down the line

It’s really only Alex Pierce who is currently a key player and likely to retire within 5 years.
Walters and JOM are only just getting a game and while Fyfe has been good, he’s not the Fyfe of yesteryear.
We’ve blooded two young key defenders this season ready to take over from Pierce.
Most of our key players driving our current form will be just either side 30 in 8 years time.
Sydney are not much older than us, will be some epic battles over the next 8 years - hopefully late Sept at the MCG!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Loved Yzes commentary and stance on this

The whole conversation really is derogatory and insulting to all those involved. Dragging players into non sensical hypotheticals with zero basis is a little bit offputting especially in this scenario

In all honesty I dont think Jon Ralph writes that article if Shai Bolton was white . Its almost like if you are Aboriginal you MUST be home sick and want to leave to these people. Id have thought in the last 5 years people grew past these racial stereotypes. I guess Herald Sun didnt get the memo on that

Loved Yzes commentary and stance on this

The whole conversation really is derogatory and insulting to all those involved. Dragging players into non sensical hypotheticals with zero basis is a little bit offputting especially in this scenario

In all honesty I dont think Jon Ralph writes that article if Shai Bolton was white . Its almost like if you are Aboriginal you MUST be home sick and want to leave to these people. Id have thought in the last 5 years people grew past these racial stereotypes. I guess Herald Sun didnt get the memo on that

You do realise a significant amount of the speculation is fed to the journos directly from the player agents with their own agendas, on their players behalf?

I think we can lock this one down.

Freo are so 'vanilla', they need some x-factor if they are to get beyond an Elimination Final with the current squad. I would be throwing the kitchen sink at the Tigers for Bolton. He is a special player and even better with a good team around him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back