Recommitted Shai Bolton [Re-signed to 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

I doubt this will happen, but would Cerra and Freo's FRP with Richmond's 2nd going back Freo's way work for Tiger fans.

Just interested to gauge opinions. I am starting to get the feeling Bolton is going to ask to return home to WA, no inside sources or Intel (unlike some other clowns who claim to be solid ITKs), just a gut feeling.

I doubt this will happen, but would Cerra and Freo's FRP with Richmond's 2nd going back Freo's way work for Tiger fans.

Just interested to gauge opinions. I am starting to get the feeling Bolton is going to ask to return home to WA, no inside sources or Intel (unlike some other clowns who claim to be solid ITKs), just a gut feeling.
I reckon both Freo and Richmond fans would hate that deal. Don't think Bolton will leave this time around. Possibly a chance after his next contract.

I dont think Bolton is worth Cerra and moving from pick 8 to 25, that's pretty nuts IMO.

If, incredibly, both chose to move and to each others club, I'm pretty certain we'd get back one of Richmonds firsts remembering Cerra is a year younger than Bolton

edit: To clarify, I am saying Cerra and 8 for Bolton and one of Richmonds firsts

Last edited:

I dont think Bolton is worth Cerra and moving from pick 8 to 25, that's pretty nuts IMO.

If, incredibly, both chose to move and to each others club, I'm pretty certain we'd get back one of Richmonds firsts remembering Cerra is a year younger than Bolton

Delusional.

So Bolton is 22 and Cerra being 21 equals Bolton + Richmond's first? Lol.

Bolton is a better player than Cerra. You won't find one Richmond fan willing to swap them. I bet you can find Freo fans willing to swap Cerra for Bolton. I don't even want Cerra and compensation. Hopefully they both both re-sign soon so this nonsense talk can go away.

Delusional.

So Bolton is 22 and Cerra being 21 equals Bolton + Richmond's first? Lol.

Bolton is a better player than Cerra. You won't find one Richmond fan willing to swap them. I bet you can find Freo fans willing to swap Cerra for Bolton.
I was going to have a go at you but I can see how my post is misleading

I am including our first pick in that, so saying effectively 8 and Cerra for Bolton and one of your firsts, you kind of need to follow through on the conversation with the post I was replying to

I was going to have a go at you but I can see how my post is misleading

I am including our first pick in that, so saying effectively 8 and Cerra for Bolton and one of your firsts, you kind of need to follow through on the conversation with the post I was replying to

Okay that makes more sense.

Still, I hope both kids re-sign at their current clubs.

edit: To clarify, I am saying Cerra and 8 for Bolton and one of Richmonds firsts
I'm glad I kept reading before having a dig :p

To be perfectly honest u would still be extremely disappointed with that deal
Shai is tracking in Dusty air whilst Cerra is a nice player he doesn't hurt the opposition like shai does and a pick upgrade from 8-15 in a draft where after the first 2-3 its pretty even.

Ill keep Shai and draft 1 of Williams/Vanrooyen with our pick

Shai is tracking in Dusty air whilst Cerra is a nice player he doesn't hurt the opposition like shai does and a pick upgrade from 8-15 in a draft where after the first 2-3 its pretty even.

I dont think either supporter base will want to do that deal. I'd prefer the picks for Cerra if he left as well. Assuming both clubs are actively chasing the other player and both players actually choose to go to each of our clubs (history would say this is extremely remote), then I think that's in the range of what gets it done.

This is in response to Elmer's post earlier

Please stay away from Williams and VanRooyan I beg of you

Please stay away from Williams and VanRooyan I beg of you
Thats the reason why i really dont want to trade our picks
VanRooyen , Williams,Bazzo,Erasmus,Long all fall into the range of our top 3 picks and we could have a draft period like Port did with Rozee/butters/Duursma
these types of drafting set you up for a decade

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats the reason why i really dont want to trade our picks
VanRooyen , Williams,Bazzo,Erasmus,Long all fall into the range of our top 3 picks and we could have a draft period like Port did with Rozee/butters/Duursma
these types of drafting set you up for a decade
Currently your range look ok , but other club can use their future pick to go in front of you even in Draft night .

Last edited:
Interested in peoples thoughts here , Gold Coast have put pick #3 for sale apparently

Now if Bolton was to say Yes do we think Gold Coast would part with that pick ?
I would dare to say that they would give that pick plus some knives
Not sure he is the type of player they are looking for to be honest. They have a list full of talent I think they are looking for established leaders.

Don’t get me wrong if he went to the Suns and said I want to come play for you I have no doubt they would gladly take him, can’t see him doing that though and I can’t seem them seeking him out.

Not sure he is the type of player they are looking for to be honest. They have a list full of talent I think they are looking for established leaders.

Don’t get me wrong if he went to the Suns and said I want to come play for you I have no doubt they would gladly take him, can’t see him doing that though and I can’t seem them seeking him out.
I think Instead of players leader , GCS need a coach like Fagan .

He's good, but not sure he's a matchwinner? Have you got any examples of were he single handily got Tiges across the line.
I reckon there is only a handful of players in the league that you can call matchwinners. Dusty, Bont, Kennedy (WCE), Buddy, Fyfe. And he's not in their league.

all year , he has won us games when the whole midfield has been missing

We are now entering bizzarro world.

Cerra is a year younger so he is worth more eh?

I would direct all posters to the 2016 draft thread for the lols

Cerra is a maybe, and Bolton is an is, No need for the tigers to give anything back if Bolton is in play, he is more than enough for Cerra and the freo 1st pick.

all year , he has won us games when the whole midfield has been missing

We are now entering bizzarro world.

Cerra is a year younger so he is worth more eh?

I would direct all posters to the 2016 draft thread for the lols

Cerra is a maybe, and Bolton is an is, No need for the tigers to give anything back if Bolton is in play, he is more than enough for Cerra and the freo 1st pick.
I'm confused, you know I said Cerra and 8 for Bolton and one of your firsts right? You cant possibly think Bolton is worth Cerra AND 8, that is some next level yellow and black glasses

I'm confused, you know I said Cerra and 8 for Bolton and one of your firsts right? You cant possibly think Bolton is worth Cerra AND 8, that is some next level yellow and black glasses

all good champ, you will get there eventually

We started with you not rating Bolton as a top 20 pick in the 2016 draft,

today we are at Bolton and pick 15 is worth Cerra and Pick 8,

We will end up with Bolton is worth Cerra and your first pick, but the truth is, we still say no.

This is because Bolton is an is, and Cerra is a maybe, Richmond still lose on the deal, even if you find 2 first round picks to package up with Cerra.

all good champ, you will get there eventually

We started with you not rating Bolton as a top 20 pick in the 2016 draft,

today we are at Bolton and pick 15 is worth Cerra and Pick 8,

We will end up with Bolton is worth Cerra and your first pick, but the truth is, we still say no.

This is because Bolton is an is, and Cerra is a maybe, Richmond still lose on the deal, even if you find 2 first round picks to package up with Cerra.
Here is one friendly warning, don't 'champ' me again.

Both your opinion and the actual reasoning behind your opinion are categorically incorrect.

I could point out to you why that is but I've already hit my quota of hitting my head against a brick wall this month so I'm not going to bother

Don't really appreciate the accusation that I have misrepresented you Snuffaluphagus , but if you insist, and you have, I will provide the evidence below. The other thing I don't really appreciate are veiled threats.

Draft is shaping up to be an absolute belter.

There is a fair chance that in 10-12 years Freo will have passed on a brownlow medallist (I think McCluggage or Taranto have that in them) to get all of;

1) Luke Ryan
2) Sean Darcy
3) Griffin Logue
4) Cam McCarthy

Interesting trade...

Logue's last two weeks (after significant injury) have restored some faith that he was a top 10 talent and its good thing we look to have nailed our draft or that trade would have gone down in history as an unmitigated disaster. Could be a significant mover come this time next year.

Reckon top 2 are undisputed, throw a blanket over the next 6. Draft looks to have top end talent AND depth which is rare. I am heavily discounting Stewart given he wont play anywhere near as many games as the rest, something which gets looked over on here.

1) McCluggage
2) Taranto
3) Berry
4) McGrath
5) Florent
6) SPS
7) Ryan
8) Stewart
9) Bowes
10) English
11) Darcy
12) Witherden
13) Fisher
14) Parfitt
15) Simpkin
16) Ratugolea
17) Battle
18) Marshall
19) Ainsworth
20) Hayward

SPP, Larkey, B Cox, Rioli, Lewis, Graham, Morrison, Logue, Brown, C Cox, Venebles, Bolton, D Clarke and Waterman have all shown something, or, have good cases for top 20 spots

I said that you didn't rate Bolton as a top 20 pick in his draft, you didn't. Own it

Don't really appreciate the accusation that I have misrepresented you Snuffaluphagus , but if you insist, and you have, I will provide the evidence below. The other thing I don't really appreciate are veiled threats.

I said that you didn't rate Bolton as a top 20 pick in his draft, you didn't. Own it
Uggggh, fine, I'll play this game

Again, your actual reasoning here is just actually wrong, like, it doesnt make sense. Here is my final response to your post

Can you point to where I have said you misrepresented me? No, you cant because I didnt. As little as a month ago, I said Cerra and Bolton where roughly the same. I have now said Bolton is worth a bit more than Cerra. Players values change over time and I change my opinion on actual performances

You have referenced a post that is literally over a year old, like, **** me, a year? It would be fair to say that Bolton has improved dramatically since then. Now, you can toot your horn and say you called it, terrific. If I had a dollar for club nuffy that thinks their player is going to be incredible off of 1 or 2 good performances, I'd buy bigfooty off Chief and dedicate a thread on here thanking all the nuffies for making me a billionaire.

If I actually bothered going through your history of posts, I'm pretty positive I could find a post of you telling people some player that turned out to be a spud was the next Judd. Flashes of brilliance, do not mean a player will turn into a star necessarily, the list of these players is endless. Luckily for Richmond fans, it looks to have worked out with Bolton and since my post OVER A YEAR AGO, he has turned into a star.

The most ironic thing about this is you laughed at my referencing the fact Cerra was younger, then you have brought up a post that is a year old, ie, highlighting the fact that players can improve dramatically over a 12 month span and being younger can mean more value for their potential. They are also more valuable because they can play more games for you but that's a different point

Here is how your reasoning and opinion were wrong in the first post:
- You are not pushing Bolton out for Cerra and we are not pushing Cerra out for Bolton, any deal that involved Cerra and Bolton swapping teams would be because the two players asked to leave. Like it or not, you would HAVE to accept something in this situation, you dont have the to choice to 'let him go', its out of your control
-Despite only playing for a lowly club like Freo and not the mighty Tigers, Cerra is an elite young midfielder. There would be 1 or 2 players in the game that is worth Cerra and pick 8. Bolton is not one of them. Outside of Cerra doing a crippling injury before trade week, there is no reality in which Bolton is worth Cerra and 8

Last edited:
Currently your range look ok , but other club can use their future pick to go in front of you even in Draft night .
Could possibly be but they way things are panning out the quality of players between 7/8 to 20/25 look very even just need to have put in the work to identify the talent. Richmond has done well in this range in the past with the players currently on the list

Could possibly be but they way things are panning out the quality of players between 7/8 to 20/25 look very even just need to have put in the work to identify the talent. Richmond has done well in this range in the past with the players currently on the list
RCD and CCJ is not that impressive compare to Graham , Baker , short , broad . This range Richmond not really good at it .

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Shai Bolton [Re-signed to 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back