Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

WM members would burn their memberships on mass if that happened. If WC even offer a second rounder for Baker the overwhelming majority would be upset. Quoting the most clueless contributor to trading threads in bigfooty history isn't helping your argument.

Baker is being wildly overrated in this thread

Here's the interesting one I suppose. Given the vast number of picks Richmond will have, what would you personally higher. Pick 9 or a Roo's future 1st?
Good question.

I think the Roos will rise next year. They went 3-9 in the second half of the year, with losses by 1, 3, 5, 17 and 19.

Natural growth of a raft of talented kids, experience in Darling and Parker coming in and they win three of those. More if they get Houston. I can see them winning 8 or more games next year. So it's probably a pick in the 4-8 range, but it's not implausible that they do even better.

I don't know enough about next year's crop other than the talk everyone wants to trade out of it and into this one. Gun to my head, I'd take pick 9 this year.

At least Collingwood had the dual excuses of Schultz being contracted AND expecting the pick to be 14-18, not 10.

They took some risk for sure, but this Baker for 10 or 13 is like taking the risk without the reward.
What’s with this risk vs reward rubbish?
The only unknown will be what pick 10 (12/13 on draft night turns out to be.

Baker is a known quantity. If he doesn’t get injured he is a strong contributor for at least 5 years.

Pick 12/13 will on average net you a player that plays 120 games. There will be outliers either side of that and no guarantees either way and it normally takes 60 games for a player to really show their true level of output.

Good question.

I think the Roos will rise next year. They went 3-9 in the second half of the year, with losses by 1, 3, 5, 17 and 19.

Natural growth of a raft of talented kids, experience in Darling and Parker coming in and they win three of those. More if they get Houston. I can see them winning 8 or more games next year. So it's probably a pick in the 4-8 range, but it's not implausible that they do even better.

I don't know enough about next year's crop other than the talk everyone wants to trade out of it and into this one. Gun to my head, I'd take pick 9 this year.
Even with all the picks you'll have? There's big diminishing returns on so many kids at once and the idea of having likely two top 5 picks next year as well as 4 or 5 top 20 picks this year would have to be pretty appealing.

Houston picking North could be pretty valuable for Freo as the middle man to get everything done

Even with all the picks you'll have? There's big diminishing returns on so many kids at once and the idea of having likely two top 5 picks next year as well as 4 or 5 top 20 picks this year would have to be pretty appealing.

Houston picking North could be pretty valuable for Freo as the middle man to get everything done
Yeah, it's a tough call. See if you can get us Norf's pick 2 instead, that makes everything easier.

Yeah, it's a tough call. See if you can get us Norf's pick 2 instead, that makes everything easier.

I think it could happen if Houston picks North and Freo give up 9&10 for Bolton we on trade them to North for Pick 2.
They then use 1 of those picks for Houston and still have another Top 10 pick in the Draft.

Yeah. Highly likely the twommey comments are bullshit. He does great at the draft but has a history at being terrible at predicting trades, Only way Richmond get all 3 first rounders for Baker and Bolton is if Richmond pay a massive chunk of both Bolton and Baker's salary. Do better.

I am just quoting twomey don’t make it personal

Do better ?

Wtf does that mean ?

I am quoting the bloke everyone quotes and I need to do better ?

Bolton and Baker for 9 10 16 and saints second rounder plus give them Hayden Young

Freo clear winners

Yeah. Highly likely the twommey comments are bullshit. He does great at the draft but has a history at being terrible at predicting trades, Only way Richmond get all 3 first rounders for Baker and Bolton is if Richmond pay a massive chunk of both Bolton and Baker's salary. Do better.

Where is the evidence of him being terrible at reporting the value of prospective trades

He would be more in the know than any else

2 x top 10 picks for Bolton is pretty unlikely you'd think.

For comparison Brisbane essentially gave up 6 + 19 for Neale. So 9 + 16 is closer to the mark.

That was 6 years ago and Bolton does still have 4 years left on his contract.

That was 6 years ago and Bolton does still have 4 years left on his contract.
Neale is by far the most accurate comparison for value and what does 6 years ago have to do with anything haha. More than Neale and Tigers have done as well as possible, less than Neale and Freo have done as well as possible.

Neale is by far the most accurate comparison for value and what does 6 years ago have to do with anything haha. More than Neale and Tigers have done as well as possible, less than Neale and Freo have done as well as possible.

Well if that's the case then it shows how much of a push over Freo are at the trade table.
They got 6,19&55 and gave back Neale & pick 30:tearsofjoy:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well if that's the case then it shows how much of a push over Freo are at the trade table.
They got 6,19&55 and gave back Neale & pick 30:tearsofjoy:
I specifically remember everyone saying how Freo were being ridiculous in what they want and holding everything up. Just Freo things I guess but it's still as good a baseline as any for expectations.

Where is the evidence of him being terrible at reporting the value of prospective trades

He would be more in the know than any else
Ah no. He's the draft expert. He's actually pretty terrible at predicting trades.

Plus you said you'd ignore my posts so why are you making promises you don't keep?

I literarily think you are the most clueless poster in bigfooty history so why don't you just ignore my views? Feel free to think the same of me as I'll simply take it as a compliment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back