Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd 100% agree but there is still this talk in the media, it baffles me why, if it is just a one-horse race as your saying then it doesn't make sense.

Something is going on, it's not Richmond fans who are making this stuff up.
As has been said, the same language was used with Luke Jackson, the media will neve come out and say someone has nominated Fremantle, if Fremantle is the choice, they'll say "They've nominated returning home to WA"

It's a no lose situation for me. We are more likely to Bolton than not and if we don't then the Eagles have well and truly lost the plot and will be at the foot of the ladder for years to come!!

The people who should be most worried about this news are Richmond supporters. If Bolton wants to go to the Eagles then there's no way you are getting pick 3 and there's no way that the Eagles can give you the best deal between the two WA clubs.

Richmond are screwed if Bolton picks West Coast.

Now those melts would be fun to watch :)

Bolton is contracted though, so no melts from me. If a deal can't be done, he stays at Richmond.

How can we be trading 9 & 10 for Bolton when 10 is going for Baker?

I was reliably told that Baker wanted the best deal for Richmond so surely he accepts Fred’s offer of 10? Right?

If West Coast are not in the convasation why doesn't Bolton nominate Freo than?
How many times does this need to be repeated, same thing happened with Jackson, let me break it down for you:

"Wants to move to WA" = Going to Fremantle

"Wants to move to West Coast" = Going to West Coast

Pick 9 will be outside the top 10 with Academy bids & 16 will be like a 2nd round pick...

Not even close to a fair deal for Bolton.

Why would he nominate the eagles though? I thought his primary concern was making sure Richmond got the best deal possible? Or was that not true?

Not sure, if that what was said, I always thought he'd pick Eagles irrespective of the coach but with the mini announcement and him picking west coast within the hour suggests it wasn't best offer.
Maybe it got mixed up with the Bolton situation? I always thought Bolton had actually nominated Freo, but I can't find any articles saying it so again perhaps i misread it.

Why are Richmond fans in this thread trying to make out like West Coast are still in the race and that Freo fans should be scared?

West Coast are not in the position to do this trade both in terms of their list, their list needs, and their draft capital. The only pick they have is pick 3 and they would be utterly ****ing stupid beyond comprehension to part ways with that when they really need to be committed to the rebuild.

Freo are the only horse in this race and Richmond need the picks so Freo well and truly in the box seat
I dont believe west coast are out of the race. I believe the philosophy at the Eagles might be that topping up Collingwood or Geelong style is the long term strategy. We have a heap of kids now, we have some older leaders, and we are clearly trying to top up the middle aged portion of the list.

If a few of this years signings and natural development can propel us up the ladder, we would become a very attractive spot again. Chad Warner next year being the main target naturally

Clubs that arent from NSW or QLD know they are up against it when trying to rebuild exclusively through the draft, its just significantly harder than it used to be due to academies and the like, no point going through the draft just to not win a grand final because you are competing with teams that just have a clear advantage.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bolton rejecting Freo for West Coast will be a disaster for Freo

Shit hey

And here I was thinking you were just some old goose waffling away on the internet

Didn’t realise the pull you have

I guess congratulations are in order … you did it

Took those Freo clowns to the cleaners… just like you said all along

Let’s see them disregard your opinions now boy

Aye man you got those ****ers good

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I hope Bolton gets to Freo, as a Richmond fan I just don't think 9 & 16 is adequate, that's just my personal view.

I reckon that's where the stalemate is, Richmond asking for top 5 pick and another late 1st rounder, Freo offering 9 & 16. The deal is probably something in between, does it get there? Not sure but will be a good watch.

Not sure, if that what was said, I always thought he'd pick Eagles irrespective of the coach but with the mini announcement and him picking west coast within the hour suggests it wasn't best offer.
Maybe it got mixed up with the Bolton situation? I always thought Bolton had actually nominated Freo, but I can't find any articles saying it so again perhaps i misread it.

All goods, I’m just trolling.

FWIW, we dont hear players nominate specific clubs when they come west to keep both team honest. Saw it with Jackson and now again with Shai. We all know where Shai is going.. and that’s because realistically there’s only 1 club in the hunt (Freo) if both clubs were in the hunt then he would publicly nominate like Baker has done.

I think that’s more from the clubs trying to keep some leverage in negotiating rather then players tbh

So now that Baker and Graham have chosen West Coast over Freo, what happens if Bolton does the same ?
I think then (WC) supporters riot if that happens. If WC brought in three mid 20's players and trade away early picks it would be a disaster for the club's rebuilding plans. I'll predict WC get Baker by trading up for Brisbanes first involving WC trading their second and the Hawthorn second (I think theyll et Hawthorns first two picks in 2024 for Barrass). In case you're unaware Don Pyke has committed WC to a full rebuild.

Shit hey

And here I was thinking you were just some old goose waffling away on the internet

Didn’t realise the pull you have

I guess congratulations are in order … you did it

Took those Freo clowns to the cleaners… just like you said all along

Let’s see them disregard your opinions now boy

Aye man you got those ****ers good

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
?

I think then (WC) supporters riot if that happens. If WC brought in three mid 20's players and trade away early picks it would be a disaster for the club's rebuilding plans. I'll predict WC get Baker by trading up for Brisbanes first involving WC trading their second and the Hawthorn second (I think theyll et Hawthorns first two picks in 2024 for Barrass). In case you're unaware Don Pyke has committed WC to a full rebuild.

So, you think West Coast will beat Richmond to Brisbane's 1st round pick even though we can offer the lions the better deal and we can also ensure we don't bid on Ashcroft with pick 1?

Unlikely.

Not sure if it was ever said that it would be the best deal possible, but more that RFC would get a good deal, so obviously whatever West Coast are offering is a good deal, regardless of whether Freo might have beaten it by a few picks.

I hope Bolton gets to Freo, as a Richmond fan I just don't think 9 & 16 is adequate, that's just my personal view.

I reckon that's where the stalemate is, Richmond asking for top 5 pick and another late 1st rounder, Freo offering 9 & 16. The deal is probably something in between, does it get there? Not sure but will be a good watch.

I reckon the stalemate is simply Richmond are pushing for 9 and 10 and Freo are offering 9 and 16. With Baker nominating West Coast I reckon Richmond are gonna push for 9 and 10 even harder now

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back