News Shane McAdam traded to Melbourne for F2

Remove this Banner Ad

Not good.

He’s far quicker than Gollant and provides more defensive pressure.

We want to be making finals from 2024, shouldn’t be losing guys like McAdam.
yep - I am with you on this

However, now it is what it is, we need to maximise what we can get back..If its a 2nd, can we go to GC with picks 20, McAdam pick, split our GC pick for a later '23 2nd and a '24 2nd ad give them the 2023 pick and our F2 for their pick 4

So they would be getting 3 x 2023 2nds and a 2024 2nd for it - heaps of points and surplus this year and a bonus future pick next year

Not good.

We had the most potent forward line in the league without McAdam. The only real difference he makes towards making finals or not is potentially it helps a rival and that is not worth paying for.

Use the salary cap he would have cost elsewhere - say an extension for Luke Pedlar.

Not good.

Agree, need to have an overall increase in quality of our list and this doesn’t help

Shane will be a real moneyball get for whichever team trades for him

Remember though, Nicks changed the culture.
I don't think you can take one player leaving and then claim Nicks hasn't done anything to change the team culture wise. Every team has and will lose players.

Melbourne the city or Melbourne FC
He said Melbourne the club first, but apparently that's been updated to be Melbourne the city. But it's Rooch, so who the hell knows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shane had some horrible luck this year.

Was rubbed out for a front on bump to the chest because of the potential to cause injury … then injured … couldn’t get back into the side until late.

Work rate looked really good this year when we saw him, threw himself into everything. Ran hard, chased, worked both ways.

On the other side, I think Gollant has more to offer in push for a premiership than what we will get from McAdam.

Next year, maybe not … but overall I’m ok to see that space open up for Gollant.

Players move for lots of reasons, i wish him well and hope he takes some hangers for whomever he ends up with.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Shane McAdam traded to Melbourne for F2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back