News Shane McAdam traded to Melbourne for F2

Remove this Banner Ad

All the doom and gloom about how we'd replace him. He's managed just 3 games and kicked 1 goal for the season and will be 30 next year.

We've been stuck with Murphy all year and will grab Neal-Bullen as a replacement for next year.

Haven't we done well :(

Will be pick 25-23 now (wins by either of GC or Saints will leapfrog them as now already better %)

While we didn’t replace McAdam with an upgrade (you could prob say it ended yo being mostly cook getting the chance) this season I’ll take that pick every time

We've been stuck with Murphy all year and will grab Neal-Bullen as a replacement for next year.

Do we really think McAdam would have finally have put it all together this year if he stayed with us?

If we're being real, this sort of year from him was always on the cards.

Will be pick 25-23 now (wins by either of GC or Saints will leapfrog them as now already better %)

While we didn’t replace McAdam with an upgrade (you could prob say it ended yo being mostly cook getting the chance) this season I’ll take that pick every time

BTW, I think the pick order page on Bigfooty is wrong.

Pretty sure the McAdam pick is 27 right now, will be 25 if Suns and Saints win.

Who would have thought when we did that trade possibility getting a low 20's pick for him in a strong draft. If it ends at 23 there is a very outside possibility dodson may be on the board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given that we traded away our 2024 second round pick last year in the upgrade to get Curtin, it's nice that the Melbourne second round pick will be almost as good as ours would have been. Currently sitting 12th, and likely to drop to 13th with Gold Coast set to play Richmond. Could even drop to 14th if Saint Kilda win as well.

It means our draft hand this year is pretty much intact.

Last edited:

Basically no different to had he been on our list this season anyways.

Great skill set but horrible durability and then there's our selection committee to go with it.

Has this turned out to be arguably the best trading out of a player we have done?
Didn’t like it at the time - but with the benefit of hindsight, him not playing essentially the whole year for Melbourne and us getting a good pick in a strong draft. Got lucky for once

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Has this turned out to be arguably the best trading out of a player we have done?
Didn’t like it at the time - but with the benefit of hindsight, him not playing essentially the whole year for Melbourne and us getting a good pick in a strong draft. Got lucky for once

Still need to do something with the pick.

Bit early to tell. You'd be needing a good news story if you're hanging your hat on this already. That said, Melbourne's crap year has certainly impacted the outcome positively.

Bit early to tell. You'd be needing a good news story if you're hanging your hat on this already. That said, Melbourne's crap year has certainly impacted the outcome positively.

On its own this worked out well for us - not through good planning but it has turned in to a fair pick for him- and we’ll overs compared to his output. Provided Cook a run at it as well.

If he had managed to stay injury free (but what are the odds of that?) we would unquestionably have been a better side in 2024 with McAdam still in it. But it's not like he was the difference between us pushing for a flag or not. He'll turn 30 next year, so still has a few years to prove his worth to Melbourne.

The task now is to do something worthwhile with the second-round pick. Most likely we will trade it to avoid having it just swallowed up by the Welsh bid.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Shane McAdam traded to Melbourne for F2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back