Shaun Burgoyne- what's he REALLY worth?

Remove this Banner Ad

It is good to see people are cottoning on to PA being the hardarses at the trade table, not Collingwood.

They ****ed up with Stevens, hope they don't shoot themselves in the foot again. Pick 9 and Birchall, what a crock of shit.

It is good to see people are cottoning on to PA being the hardarses at the trade table, not Collingwood.

They ****ed up with Stevens, hope they don't shoot themselves in the foot again. Pick 9 and Birchall, what a crock of shit.
you do realise that the person in charge of Ports trading back in 2003 was Chris Pelchen who is now in charge of Hawthorns trading dont you?

Your under-rating of Burgoyne wouldn't have anything to do with your support of Adelaide, would it? Wouldn't want us to get what Shaun is worth.

Would you have accepted Pick 9 for McLeod a few years ago when he was 27/28? (Dodgy knee, lower output, older etc.) No? The kindly be quiet. Thank you.

McLeod is 5x the player Peter or Shaun ever were.

you do realise that the person in charge of Ports trading back in 2003 was Chris Pelchen who is now in charge of Hawthorns trading dont you?

Yeah but obviously more than one person has an opinion around the club than solely the Recruiting Manager (or whatever sparkly name they have).

The constant in the cases seems to be Port Adelaide, although Pelchen was a dick last year as well I admit.
Still you are asking way over the odds here as you seemingly did with Stevens.

McLeod is 5x the player Peter or Shaun ever were.

Peter at his peak = McLeod at his peak

Shaun:

Can sut down crumming forwards, has speed out of midfield to break away and kick a 60 metre goal on the run, and has the agility to play as a crumbing forward, whilst still being able take a grab against the taller defenders.

Mcleod: .........

Shaun:

Can sut down crumming forwards, has speed out of midfield to break away and kick a 60 metre goal on the run, and has the agility to play as a crumbing forward, whilst still being able take a grab against the taller defenders.

Mcleod: .........

you are joking arnt you ?

Birchall is an out and out gun and will only get better. I wouldn't trade Birchall for Burgoyne plus ports first rounder! And I am a pretty big burgoyne fan too. Even then, why trade a versatile, talented young gun with 10 years left in him for Burgoyne a broken down 1 year wonder (although, what a year it was :p) approaching the end of his career and a mid first rounder in a weak, compromised draft.

If birchall + hawks 1st rounder is all port are willing to accept, I'd tell them they can keep burgoyne...and while they are at it they can take Simmo off Richmonds hands too ;)

To the OP, anything sounds crap when you focus only on the negatives. I could just as easily say it's ridiculous to trade a game breaking midfielder who's elite at the top of his game for a thug who gets suspended all the time or a half back flanker who doesn't have much impact on a game plus a pick that could easily turn out to be a dud. That assessment of the situation is no more biased than your ridiculous assessment was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you saying burgoynes been anywhere near the player mcleods been, its a joke isnt it ?

Was simply stating that SB's versatility is what makes him such an important player. Can do a number of jobs, and do them well.

PB, at his peak, remimded me of Mcleod, at his peak, at times. Silky skills and both used the ball efficiently.

Was simply stating that SB's versatility is what makes him such an important player. Can do a number of jobs, and do them well.

PB, at his peak, remimded me of Mcleod, at his peak, at times. Silky skills and both used the ball efficiently.
what are his footskills like ? because ive just heard that leon davis has asked to be traded to WA or SA, his mrs family lives in SA and his family live in WA, PA may do a str8 swap, simaler trade value IMO, allthough PA will want pendlebury and swan thrown in as well. lol

Your under-rating of Burgoyne wouldn't have anything to do with your support of Adelaide, would it? Wouldn't want us to get what Shaun is worth.
Nope, I'm just calling it as I see it. Burgoyne is a good player but will be 27, coming off a few poor seasons with one ruined by injury and yet Port want 9 and a quality young player? Ridiculous.

Burgoyne is worth as much as another club is willing to give up to get him.

If there's a club willing to give up a top 10 pick and a player, then Burgoyne is worth a top 10 pick and a player.
Ahh Gunner, king of rubbish, meaningless, uninsightful posts. :thumbsu:

:D

Is OP the same dude who said that Port needed to give Freo a 2nd round draft pick for Josh Carr to be fair?
No, it's not the same dude.

what are his footskills like ? because ive just heard that leon davis has asked to be traded to WA or SA, his mrs family lives in SA and his family live in WA, PA may do a str8 swap, simaler trade value IMO, allthough PA will want pendlebury and swan thrown in as well. lol

lol, yeh wouldn't suprise me. Pretty good possible trade, Choco would like Neon and would slot next to Motlop in the forward line well. Pretty reliable kick, and would be a good replacement for leon.

Inside mids that would be surplus to requirements?

lol, yeh wouldn't suprise me. Pretty good possible trade, Choco would like Neon and would slot next to Motlop in the forward line well. Pretty reliable kick, and would be a good replacement for leon.

Inside mids that would be surplus to requirements?

PA fans seem to want pick 9 and lewis for burgoyne whos around 10 mths younger than davis who was AA this year, i think most people would agree there values are very simaler, but we wouldn"t ask anywhere near that for davis, davis"s true value would be a high 1st round pick IMO, 15/16, nothing more, so are you port fans saying that davis is worth pick 9 and lewis as well ?

Pick 9 is insulting for a player of Burgoyne's quality.

how good do you really think he is?

sure he's talented, but he's 27 and famously lazy, can't shake a tag and has under-achieved for much of his career. and these are just criticisms from your own supporters.

1 AA (on the freaking bench)
no B&F.

you deserve a decent return, but he's no champion.

Would you have accepted Pick 9 for McLeod a few years ago when he was 27/28? (Dodgy knee, lower output, older etc.) No? The kindly be quiet. Thank you.

how can you be so blindly one eyed?

would you like to stack up the career achievements of Bungy at 27/28?

you're talking about a multiple B&F winner
Multiple AA - including captain
AFLPA MVP
Coaches MVP
the norm smiths...

with... well one AA on the bench.

yeah, can't split them. too close to call. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Shaun Burgoyne- what's he REALLY worth?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back