Sheahan's Top 50

Remove this Banner Ad

SirBloodyIdiot said:
Well, Scott West gets his first mention by Sheahan.

What a backflip. Not good enough for the 50 the last few years and now he's 5th :eek: Good to see he can admit when he's wrong

I don't agree with Bolton at 21 or Baker at 31. Crouch shouldn't be in there, great defensively but doesn't do enough the other way

And Im biased but there ain't 40 better players than Brad Johnson

And go the Gilbinator :cool: He's the man

Mike Sheahan knows footy Stevie Baker 1 B&F but fluke sneaks in at 31 one Andrew Mcleod 2 time Norm Smith, 2 time premiership player 2time B&F winner and 3 time all Australian can only manage a spot at 45.Mcleod still rates better than half these goose on there ( i dont even barrack for the crows ). Mike Sheahan is a fool who knows nothing about football worst than the four eyed moron Andrew Maher thats how much i hate him.

Thanks feel better now

PT3001 said:
Mike Sheahan knows footy Stevie Baker 1 B&F but fluke sneaks in at 31 one Andrew Mcleod 2 time Norm Smith, 2 time premiership player 2time B&F winner and 3 time all Australian can only manage a spot at 45.Mcleod still rates better than half these goose on there ( i dont even barrack for the crows ). Mike Sheahan is a fool who knows nothing about football worst than the four eyed moron Andrew Maher thats how much i hate him.

Thanks feel better now
it's based on this year tool, not what mcleod has achieved 5 years ago. If that was the case the list would be;
1. hird
2. Voss
3. Harvey
4. Buckley
5. Crawford.
6. Lloyd.
7. Roo. (adel)

PT3001 said:

Thanks feel better now

How long have you followed football?

Since when is the top 50 a career based thing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I LOVE the way so many of you are confused by Craig Bolton's position in the list. The guy is the most under-rated player in the league bar none.

He has regularly beaten the best forwards in opposition teams, and is often playing at CHF. Players like Reiwoldt, Brown and Lucas have memories of beating soundly beaten more than once.

Mike has got it right. Craig came third in this years B&F of the Premier team. Only Kirk and Hall were ahead of him. Perhaps he has Leo Barry too far up the list?

Schneiderman said:
I LOVE the way so many of you are confused by Craig Bolton's position in the list. The guy is the most under-rated player in the league bar none.

He has regularly beaten the best forwards in opposition teams, and is often playing at CHF. Players like Reiwoldt, Brown and Lucas have memories of beating soundly beaten more than once.

Mike has got it right. Craig came third in this years B&F of the Premier team. Only Kirk and Hall were ahead of him. Perhaps he has Leo Barry too far up the list?

Yes, he was under-rated...now he is over-rated. Take nothing away from his season, he deserved to be 3rd in the Best and Fairest, but...no.21, wow.

as much as I respect Craig Bolton....he wouldn't be in my top 50 let alone 21 and I think that I speak for a lot of us here.

Leo Barry 10? I admire the guy for playing on guys a metre taller than him but he has been beaten badly this year. I remember Gerhig outmuscling him to the point where a matchup change had to be made 7?8 goals kicked on him? I remember the severly out of form and not fully fit Neitz kicking 5 or 6 on him too.

He is a full back for Sydney and rated, according to that list, as the best FB in the league while Rutten, the AA FB is below him at 15. While his list doesn't have to completly matchup with the AAT, it is quite obvious that Ben Rutten has had a better year at FB than Leo Barry.

I'm glad to see Robbo and TJ feature reasonably highly on his list and most peoples lists. They are the only Melbourne players to come close to the top 50 but they are definatly worthy of a spot. Robertson could even be a bit higher IMO, ahead of the likes of C.Bolton and even Leo Barry whose season this year has been highly overrated IMO.

It's seems as though Sheahan has been highly influenced by club B+F's this year, with high postions to Craig Bolton and Steven Baker. It may be a coincidence but it also seems as though Sheahan hasn't really picked from his own opinion. No-one outside of Sydney would've rated Bolton in the best 50 players in the competition.

ahh_zombies said:
It's seems as though Sheahan has been highly influenced by club B+F's this year, with high postions to Craig Bolton and Steven Baker. It may be a coincidence but it also seems as though Sheahan hasn't really picked from his own opinion. No-one outside of Sydney would've rated Bolton in the best 50 players in the competition.
Yet still no Joel Corey. Would I be right in saying he's the only B&F winner not there?

Isn't Hayes at 11 far too high? Does anyone else rate Hayes as a gun midfielder or is he someone who just accumulates lots of stats without being destructive? Doesn't he struggle when they actually tag him?

ablettjnr said:
Yet still no Joel Corey. Would I be right in saying he's the only B&F winner not there?
Only one from the finals so far

B&Fs not in top 50...
Corey (Geel)
Bowden (Rich)
J.Johnson (Ess)
Koutoufides (Carl)

and B&Fs in the top 50...
Kirk (Syd) - #12
Cousins (WC) - #1
Goodwin (Adel) - #9
Ball (Stk) - #6
Baker (StK) - #31
Johnstone (Melb) - #28
West (WB) - #5
Clement (Coll) - #26

the other teams have their B&Fs today I think.

(hehe, I'd already started working out this before you posted)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sheahan's Top 50

Remove this Banner Ad

Back