Should clubs target Malceski's knee?

Remove this Banner Ad

Who exactly are we meant to be afraid of?

Barry Hall is like a magpie. All you have to do is look at him and he wont attack you. His forte is striking people who aren't watching. O'loughlin only attacks women, nick davis will be stuck in the hungry jacks carpark, and roberts thompson couldn't hit a target if his life depended on it.

The only one i'd be worried about is Adam Goodes charging into my back :thumbsdown:

:p:p:p

Cause someone who claims that Barry Hall wouldnt be willing to smash someone for deliberately causing a ACL injury to Malceski can only fit in the categories of very young or very stupid. It wouldnt matter if the other guy through the first puch as Barry Hall would still easily win.

And I'm the one who's very young or very stupid...

Clearly the joke was lost on you.

You can legally target a shoulder. Where as how the ____ are you going to target a knee and make it look legal?
Put someone on them that changes direction a lot rather than runs in a straight line. Carrazzo for us comes to mind.

The idea wouldn't be to re-injure the guy of course, but to take advantage of the doubts in his mind which is fair enough in my book.

id be very disapointed if they do, the ____ing guy only has two legs, he is a ____ing human being just like all of us posting replies on the board!!

I dunno. It just SEEMS like a different kettle of fish. Nobody likes seeing someone go down with a knee injury. Its often sickening, and can end seasons or even careers.

but you're obviously okay with that as long as it's a sydney player

anyway, i'd have thought it's kind of hard to target a knee ligament, unless you're suggesting a team effort ... one player holds malch up in a tackle while others come in low and try and force the knee the wrong way

as far as i can see, this is just another piece-of-shit anti-swans thread started by an anti-swans nark

you must've fancied yourself as hard at one point in your life

but you're obviously okay with that as long as it's a sydney player

anyway, i'd have thought it's kind of hard to target a knee ligament, unless you're suggesting a team effort ... one player holds malch up in a tackle while others come in low and try and force the knee the wrong way

as far as i can see, this is just another piece-of-shit anti-swans thread started by an anti-swans nark

you must've fancied yourself as hard at one point in your life

You shouldn't be suprised Rancid. When Malceski first did his knee, most posters were wishing him all the best for a speedy recovery etc, Thrillhou on the other hand was making no attempt to hide the overwhelming joy it caused him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You shouldn't be suprised Rancid. When Malceski first did his knee, most posters were wishing him all the best for a speedy recovery etc, Thrillhou on the other hand was making no attempt to hide the overwhelming joy it caused him.

mate, i have a real love-hate relationship with a lot of essendon fans, but none of them ever sinks to the ignorant bitterness of this clown

he can't help himself jump on (or, in this case, start) any anti-swans thread, and brings his own special brand of gutter-class crankdom

It is probably one of the blackest of black things to do on a footy field. To actually go out of your way to deprive a star player from playing, when all he is trying to achieve is the same thing as every other player, that being to play for his team. Having said that it wouldn't surprise me, we all remember Mal Michael doing it a couple of years ago and Chad Cornes actually belting Jono Brown's knee before the start of the 2004 GF. A massive hindrance on the game it is!

mate, i have a real love-hate relationship with a lot of essendon fans, but none of them ever sinks to the ignorant bitterness of this clown

he can't help himself jump on (or, in this case, start) any anti-swans thread, and brings his own special brand of gutter-class crankdom

He's relentless, but I can understand him being bitter at the Swans, hes sick of his team getting flogged by us!

Who exactly are we meant to be afraid of?

Barry Hall is like a magpie. All you have to do is look at him and he wont attack you. His forte is striking people who aren't watching. O'loughlin only attacks women, nick davis will be stuck in the hungry jacks carpark, and roberts thompson couldn't hit a target if his life depended on it.

The only one i'd be worried about is Adam Goodes charging into my back :thumbsdown:

If you want to read it as stupid then that would be a reflection on you. Personally I saw the question as being "Can a philosophy of targetting an injury be carried through within the confines of normal play despite the consequences?"

As it has drawn some fairly emotive responses I would say it's far from a stupid thread.

Listen 'Buddy"!

Read the above quote of the thread's starter & you will see that his intentions were purely just flaming!!

Clearly "it" was just looking for reaction & now "it" is getting a little sensitive to people's replies.

It's fine that he/she/it fears the Swans but he/she/it should show it in a mature manner!!

Exactly. Any player who goes out to essentially ruin another players career doesnt deserve the oxygen they breath and if it does happen i would be happy to see Barry Hall and afew of our other players smash the offending opposition player.

What about Barry Hall testing out Staker's glass jaw? :p

Listen 'Buddy"!

Read the above quote of the thread's starter & you will see that his intentions were purely just flaming!!

Clearly "it" was just looking for reaction & now "it" is getting a little sensitive to people's replies.

It's fine that he/she/it fears the Swans but he/she/it should show it in a mature manner!!

Mate, if he/she is anti-swans then fair enough Swans supporters will want to rip into him. I don't know him/her well enough to know that (relatively new here)

From my perspective you can take BF's and Malceski names out and place two random names there, say Riewoldt and whoever is on the comeback from an ACL. Would that make the question, as I saw it, more valid to Swans supporters and the forum alike?

Listen 'Buddy"!

As for the quote re Barry Hall that was after other Swans supporters had said Barry would tear whoever got Malceski's knee a new one. It wasn't in his opening statement.

You can legally target a shoulder. Where as how the ____ are you going to target a knee and make it look legal?

Summed up in the first 5 posts. THRILLHOU, I didn't think you were a bad poster (as far as the current form of arrogant Hawks supporters go ;)) but you've just dropped 5 levels from this thread. If you can't see how a solid and legal hip and shoulder is not the same as deliberately sliding underneath someone to take out their leg/knee I honestly feel sorry for you :thumbsdown:

Embarrasing thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Should clubs target Malceski's knee?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back