Should I tip the Dogs?

Remove this Banner Ad

Kennel Master

All Australian
Sep 8, 2003
East Fremantle
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Last season I went close to winning our footy tipping at work.
But I was literally let down by the Dogs on a number of occasions.
Just looking at Round I. Do I tip the Dogs to beat the Pies?
I am inclined to go that way, but... I remember last year, Round 1, a loss to the Eagles. A game we should have won.

So...
Give me some reasons why you think the Dogs will win. I need some confidence.

Why should I tip the Dogs? :confused:

Kennel Master said:
I am inclined to go that way, but... I remember last year, Round 1, a loss to the Eagles. A game we should have won.

So...

Because WE WILL WIN! ;)

Kennel Master said:

So...

Because you wouldnt really want those thirty pieces of silver if we lost and you picked eight winners.

And we're gonna win!

to the bulldogs supporters i am a magpies supporter so it goes without saying i wont be going for you this week, apart from that i hope your team has a great season and gets through this first game injury free,i am officially stating that the bulldogs are my second team and will be supporting them bigtime this year ,go dogs

Irrespective of whether they are likely to win, you should go with your heart and tip the Bulldogs. Winning your workmates cash is not as important as your self respect

Let picking against your own team be something for Richmond fans to do.

Doggies are a big chance this week Kennel Master. The pies have been stale for a while now. And dogs love eating pie

Kennel Master said:

So...

Because you know we will win and you will be sorry if you didnt pick us.

For all of the "Sydney is a Godless NRL/Swans wasteland" I have been venturing out lately with my Bulldogs scarf on and getting some interesting reactions in this heathen city.

Tonight, I went up to one of my locals, The Toxteth and immediately there was talk around bar with a few Swans barmen and a bald aggro ex_Vic Pies fan barman.

We have a schooner on Monday's game, and you should back us too.

We will win.

eddiesmith said:
Tip the doggies every week and thats 18 points in the competition you are giving away

Dogs have no chance in hell of victory unless the Pies play the ********test football ever and lose about 6 or 7 players to injury by half time so we are playing with 15 fit players, then you might be a chance

Thank you, oxygen thief.

depends on which bulldogs side goes out there.
the eade dogs or the rohde dogs.

Something still tells me that if it going to be close then we will probably loose.
we don't have the greatest record against collingwood and haven't beaten them for a few years. Although it is at the mcg, and not at our hoodoo ground at the docklands (we must be solar powered).
I'd tip us at the G because i think we will be too strong in the midfield for collingwood, and will minson will eat that fanning bloke alive (literally).
Then he'll start to have his way with him. ;)

if our midfield doesn't do it's job, then tarrant and rocca will slaughter us as they usually do.

I'm tipping the dogs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My Round 1 rule for tipping is to select all home teams. I will then watch all the games and start my serious tipping from Round 2 onwards (I don't tip with my heart and this has proven quite successful). As others have said - I either get a point for tipping or the joy of a win (or both!).

This means I have tipped Collingwood - however I see no reason why we won't win on Monday and will be putting a few dollars on the Doggies at the TAB.

Cyberdoggie said:
if our midfield doesn't do it's job, then tarrant and rocca will slaughter us as they usually do.

Everyone focusses on Rocca and Tarrant but my recollection is that the Pies have consistently belted us in the midfield in the past few seasons. Big bodied midfields worry us (look what happened against Carlton in the Wiz Cip).

yeah that's what i'm worried about,

but with doubts over buckley and with mitch hahn crashing and bashing and a few changes we might be willing enough to take em on this time.

understudy said:
No disprect to you doggies but you just cant match collingwood at our best at this stage. Stick with the pies.

That's ok, because you're not at your best and we will account for you by 5 -6 accordingly. :)

understudy said:
Only time will tell, but on the basis of our preseason id have to say things are looking pretty good for monday

Getting belted by West Coast, and us getting through to the Semi Final. I agree with you, things are looking pretty good for Monday. :)

Sporty Spice said:
Getting belted by West Coast, and us getting through to the Semi Final. I agree with you, things are looking pretty good for Monday. :)

What??? We won 3 out of 4 preason - you miss the other three games?

Mine were serious comments not a dig - if you want to dispute my view by all means do - but consider ALL the facts available please ....

BTW - caught/read about your numerous losses as well!!!! ;)

understudy said:
What??? We won 3 out of 4 preason - you miss the other three games?

Mine comments were a dig - dispute my view

Just trying to provide some friendly banter by quoting information i want to quote. Thus the :) at the end of all my comments!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Should I tip the Dogs?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back