Should Richmond give Richo the flick?

Remove this Banner Ad

JeffDunne said:
No. They just need a coach that treats him the same as he would any other player.

Agreed. Would love to see Richo with a real coach. Probably one of the most talented players in the league, but rightfully much maligned.

it's a bit late now. they've got him for 2005 at least.

sure, they could "give him the flick" but that would be a straight delisting.

if chad morrison is worth pick 37, the tigers could have at least got a pick for richo

Port01 said:
Agreed. Would love to see Richo with a real coach. Probably one of the most talented players in the league, but rightfully much maligned.
graham polak is going to follow in richo's footsteps of wasted talent

Yeah, get rid of the best player of the team who can win matches. They should be sacking the blokes who can't kick the ball to him :confused:

Bombers_Forever said:
Yeah, get rid of the best player of the team who can win matches. They should be sacking the blokes who can't kick the ball to him :confused:
exactly - richo single handedly wins games for richmond a couple of times every season

its not often you can gauge a players worth in premiership points, but year to year richo is worth 12-16

Theres no way Richmond should get rid of Richardson!Unless of course they had another ready made full-forward on the list or were trading him for another likely forward.

No,now theres no ottens either,who would get the Richmond goals.Thers Schulz but hes still a bit raw and enigmatic.At this stage a dummy spittin Richardson is better for the tigers than no-one!

Anyone who thinks Richmond without Richo is kidding themselves. Anyone who uses the dummy spits as an example probably gets their entire footy knowledge from watching the channel 9 news - try watching a few games, tell me how often it actually happens. If any other quality forward got the delivery that Richo got and was left being double teamed as often as Richo has been, they'd be pretty ********ed off too.

The problems so many of you perceive are just the symptoms from far greater problems with the team as a whole. Now things are being changed, I think you'll see some very good footy out of Richo over the next couple of years.

As others have pointed out, he is our only genuine match winner (and one of not that many in the league). His loyalty should be rewarded as well, he is a tiger through and through.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not doubting Richo's a great player and a potential match winner. However the point is his attitude and the destructive effects it has on team morale. This was obviously an issue for Ottens. I presume TW is going for a youth policy, trying to get as many early picks as possible with a long term approach. Will someone like Richo be a positive or negative for their development? It would be a big call but may be the best for Richmond in the long run, especially if they could secure some good trades next year. :)

q. And when did Richo spit the dummy in 2004?

a. He didn't and the delivery he received was woeful.

I would find it hard to bite my tongue with that crap delivery. But in 2004 Richo did.

AND If I was a young player I would be dead keen to play alongside the likes of a Richardson, one of the most freakish players in the league.

So parrot, get back in your cage, keep talking to yourself in the mirror, looks like "polly wants a crack hit".

Richo's deserves to be stuck with, at least you have a player for can hopefulyl develope a forward structure around, just maybe force feed him some prozac before the game.

dA Crow said:
Richo's deserves to be stuck with, at least you have a player for can hopefulyl develope a forward structure around, just maybe force feed him some prozac before the game.

Good suggestion. Would be a nice gesture to throw any left-overs to the Richmond fans in the crowd. Mights see them applauding their players and coach off the ground. :)

ah richo poor bloke cops it all the time...

lets face it every team has a player that we all know is a star but for some reason they frustrate the hell out of ya...

imagine replacing lynch from the lions and putting richo in that side, or brown for that matter...

yes his kicking and demeanour on the field lets him down, we as supporters know that but there aint many in the league that can turn a game when he is on song...

he has at least 3-4 years left if we look after him, and i for one am glad i have got to watch him play and who knows he might just finish his career off with a couple of finals appearances...

dummy spit....******** who cares he is a personality a rare breed in todays game..

EAT EM ALIVE IN 05.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Should Richmond give Richo the flick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back