Prediction Should Taylor Walker make the Australian Football Hall of Fame

Should Tex be in the Hall of Fame?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

After the season he just had, he has now climbed up to #30 for goals kicked in the AFL.

And of the 29 ahead of him.

7 are Legends (1. Lockett, 2. Coventry, 3. Dunstall, 9. Matthews, 15. Bartlett, 20. Hudson, 27. Pratt)
15 are regular HOF members (5. Wade, 6. Ablett Snr, 7. Titus, 8. Lloyd, 10. McKenna, 11. Quinlan, 12. Richardson, 17. Hall, 18. Kernahan, 19. Mohr, 21. Carey, 23. Vallence, 25. Lee, 26. Pavlich, 28. Moriarty)
4 haven't been retired for long enough yet (4. Franklin, 13. Hawkins, 14. J.Riewoldt, 22. Kennedy)
1 is active (29. Cameron)
2 haven't been inducted despite being retired for long enough (16. S.Rocca, 24. N.Riewoldt)

So, should he be in?

After the season he just had, he has now climbed up to #30 for goals kicked in the AFL.

And of the 29 ahead of him.

7 are Legends (1. Lockett, 2. Coventry, 3. Dunstall, 9. Matthews, 15. Bartlett, 20. Hudson, 27. Pratt)
15 are regular HOF members (5. Wade, 6. Ablett Snr, 7. Titus, 8. Lloyd, 10. McKenna, 11. Quinlan, 12. Richardson, 17. Hall, 18. Kernahan, 19. Mohr, 21. Carey, 23. Vallence, 25. Lee, 26. Pavlich, 28. Moriarty)
4 haven't been retired for long enough yet (4. Franklin, 13. Hawkins, 14. J.Riewoldt, 22. Kennedy)
1 is active (29. Cameron)
2 haven't been inducted despite being retired for long enough (16. S.Rocca, 24. N.Riewoldt)

So, should he be in?

He will certainly be inducted at some point. Thats a given. I think you can elevate him comfortably to the third on the all time Crows list. So it will just be the waiting game.

Yes absolutely, his record is exceptional for the era he has played in.

He may not get in his first year of eligibility due to the suspension he had, but he’ll get in eventually.

But the thing is, if it wasn't for his 2023 All-Australian nod, he's had the same accolades as Sav Rocca.

I dont think it's a sure thing.

He's at the cusp right now.

But the thing is, if it wasn't for his 2023 All-Australian nod, he's had the same accolades as Sav Rocca.

I saw a lot of Rocca and he was your typical old school leading forward. he was good but he wasnt a dynamic style play making forward like Walker who has single handedly ripped games apart. Walker is statistically better than Hawkins and if he was in Victoria he probably would have been regarded a lot higher.

It'd be great to see but I doubt he goes on to punt in the NFL.

Always love the big full forwards and Tex has been a favorite since i found out he was tied to the crows under the NSW scholarship. Following his junior reports I think is what started me visiting bigfooty each week. Kept kicking bags of 7. I think the knee robbed him of being truly elite. But he's been bloody good.

That said - objectively - i dont think he makes it. Agree he's on the cusp & be happy for him if he does.

I mean the Hall of Fame selection is a stupid process that basically comes down to getting a group of 12 or so people thinking you deserve it.

So who the frick knows.

Tbh, I hate the AFL Hall of Fame. The legend status is especially meaningless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Should Taylor Walker make the Australian Football Hall of Fame

Back