Moved Thread Should the AFL have a full pride round?

Should the AFL have a LGBTQIA+ pride round?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Depending on your definition of transitioning, between 3% and 0.15% of people who transition regret transitioning.

I acknowledge that this still leaves a subset of the population that regrets their transition, but 3% of what is already a small percentage of the population (39 from 10,000 individuals) is much lower than the binary you're proposing as equal.

That examples exist does not entail that those examples are representative of a wider population.

Thanks for the link, I'll have a read.

Drag queens are fine for children stop being a prude! 🤣

How about all age drag queen shows. Totally fine, nothing to see here.

It's only on the disclaimer, not even a sentence before the line he reads out:
We believe it is prerogative of parents/guardians to make decisions regarding the wellbeing of their children. If you would not allow your children to see a Rated R movie or watch TV-MA programming, this is not the event for them.
This is not a good idea, Chiefton. The SRP is not the Bay, nor is it the Richmond board.

Why not?
How else can we create an inclusive community?
Problem is what happens when a muslim girl refuses to wear a pride jumper as happened in the AFLW.
Or when Polynesians players refuse to play in it like happened in the NRL see Manly Sea Eagles?
How do activists cope with that?

A ban on South Africa because of Apartheid was a very good thing and caused change.
That’s when politics and sport meet for the greater good, do you agree?
So why aren't China banned from sport?
Edit, guys guys guys, I'm all for pride round btw. Couldn't care less if someone is gay - but activism has double standards and when controversies arose for pride round in AAFLW and NRL it was embarrassing how it was processed as a whole so careful what you wish for.

Last edited:
A ban on South Africa because of Apartheid was a very good thing and caused change.
That’s when politics and sport meet for the greater good, do you agree?
A 1970s South African cricket team could have been one of the greatest ever too. In his latest biography Barry Richards, who had a pretty f***ed up childhood for a white kid in South Africa in the first place opened up about how long it took him to get over the resentment and sadness that he felt when he looked back on what he missed out on and how the necessity of plying his trade as a nomad affected his family. His youngest committed suicide which finished me when I read that because I remember him as a little kid running around the Adelaide Oval when Barry coached here.

Whilst we are at it, lets have a religious round, a government round, a global warming round, a anti war round....

Sport is meant to be above politics and should be about sport. There are much better avenues to push agendas.

When you have people in the crowd calling out words like fa**ot, p**f, fairy and pansies as derogatory terms to the opposition then it's political.

Last edited:
When you have people in the crowd calling out words like fa**ot, p**f, fairy and pansies as derogatory terms to the opposition then it's political.
Footy is a manly man's masculine game, the girls have historically thrown themselves at the players, that's been a fact of life.
And the women have a high proportion of lesbian players.
Whilst many people who throw these slurs are doing so to try and emasculate a player in a masculine sport and yes it is honophoebic, most IMO would not have such a problem with homosexuality in society at large.

Footy is a manly man's masculine game, the girls have historically thrown themselves at the players, that's been a fact of life.
And the women have a high proportion of lesbian players.
Whilst many people who throw these slurs are doing so to try and emasculate a player in a masculine sport and yes it is honophoebic, most IMO would not have such a problem with homosexuality in society at large.
And gay men aren't masculine?

That is my opinion. There is no need to "prove it". I am saying that the act of a person in drag reading a child book is weird and obscene in my opinion. In the same way that a stripper or prostitute doing the same would be.
This is a retraction. All you needed to do. Your original post has been edited to reflect this.

Play on.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Problem is what happens when a muslim girl refuses to wear a pride jumper as happened in the AFLW.
Or when Polynesians players refuse to play in it like happened in the NRL see Manly Sea Eagles?
How do activists cope with that?

Does that mean that we can’t have an inclusive sport? Because of a noisy minority?

D'you mind me asking why that's your position?

I'd prefer teachers didn't discuss gender ideology, sexual preferences and transgender issues with my kids.

Pretty obvious why...the way schools these days a getting more and more progressive I'd prefer we as parents handled such a sensitive topic. Obviously there will be parents who will approach it differently but imo most parents will still handle it in a fairly "conservative" way.

What are your thoughts on Hooters hosting children's parties?

Someone should let Tucker know about this!

Not a fan. I could get behind a age limit on entering a hooters.

What are your thoughts on the video? All ok? Happy to take your kids to that kind of event?

I'd prefer teachers didn't discuss gender ideology, sexual preferences and transgender issues with my kids.

Pretty obvious why...the way schools these days a getting more and more progressive I'd prefer we as parents handled such a sensitive topic. Obviously there will be parents who will approach it differently but imo most parents will still handle it in a fairly "conservative" way.

Whatever you think is happening, isn't.

You're taking another step, though. There's a difference between "I don't think teachers should teach gender ideology, sexual preference and transgender issues with my kids" and "Teachers should not get to teach anything about sex until students reach the age of consent."

Given this, how do you feel about 14-15 year olds learning about the reproductive system in science classrooms?

You're taking another step, though. There's a difference between "I don't think teachers should teach gender ideology, sexual preference and transgender issues with my kids" and "Teachers should not get to teach anything about sex until students reach the age of consent."

Given this, how do you feel about 14-15 year olds learning about the reproductive system in science classrooms?

I think I mentioned earlier if they keep it to biological facts I don't have huge a issue with it. I'd still like to think parents could handle this aswell.

I'm not sure 'shoved down your throat' is the right saying to use, but it's obvious that as the LGBTQ community grows and is accepted more, it has become a very profitable business market. I find it annoying scrolling through my Instagram feed during pride month and see constant rainbows from businesses offering sales on their products. But if you go to their Russian or Middle Eastern pages, there isn't any rainbows, nothing.

It's clear there are ulterior motives to a lot of these acts of so called support. I feel that those obvious examples put people off, so if big corporations like the AFL were to have a pride round to genuinely try and make a difference, they simply associate it as virtue signaling and claim it's being shoved down their throats.

IF the AFL were to champion some religious issue would you be ... its a very profitable business market too.

If e going to the footy or watching it on TV is represented as my support more generally, I'm being misrepresented.

I think I mentioned earlier if they keep it to biological facts I don't have huge a issue with it. I'd still like to think parents could handle this aswell.
If I could, I'd like to return to the 'not teaching kids about sexuality in schools' part of your initial post.

How do you justify the consequences of not teaching teenagers - who from the moment they hit puberty, are programmed to think ostensibly about one thing - about their sexuality? Is it just prioritizing one set of rights - parental right to protect their children as they choose - over another?

Anyway if we're going to 'stick to footy' get rid of corporate sponsorship, piss off anzac day, and shut the * up with the national anthem.

As several posters have indicated in no way do they see those things as being “controversial” or “inappropriate” for the footy. It’s more “stick to the political topics we like” and then piss the rest off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Moved Thread Should the AFL have a full pride round?

Back