List Mgmt. Should The Eagles Request A Priority Assistance Package at The End of This Year?

Should The Eagles Request A Priority Assistance Package at The End of This Year?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Every PP given was because the club in question had stuffed up. Every single time. We are no different. We are not a proud club anymore, we excepted 3 years of mismanagement, and need help to get out of the hole.

Shove your pride, we need the picks.

That is a dire list. Yes to Allen and Hough (I can see why people would include Waterman as well), but the jury is still out on the rest. B.Williams? You jest.
If we are adding Waterman and Allen to the mix, in the same time frame Freo have developed

Andrew Brayshaw
Sam Sturt
Michael Frederick
Jordan Clark
Caleb Serong
Hayden Young
Jeremy Sharp
Luke Jackson
Heath Chapman
Josh Treacy
Brandon Walker
Matt Johnson
Jye Amiss
Josh Draper

So you can have all that or

Waterman
Allen
Hough
Long
Chesser
J Williams
B Williams
Maric
Ginbey

Its a tough one

That is a dire list. Yes to Allen and Hough (I can see why people would include Waterman as well), but the jury is still out on the rest. B.Williams? You jest.

I left out a fair few recent draftees including Hewett and Reid etc.

The thing is just go back and look at what part of the draft we had picks over that period. Very few low picks and we were competing. So you can only develop the kids you have.

The missed opportunities on Kelly, Martin and now Humphries. How we didnt lure Cameron home from the Swans would be an interesting story.

Now we are accumulating a solid handfull of top end talent through the draft. Its the development of these top picks that is more important.

We suck enough to warrant one, but we don’t deserve one, our current state is our own doing.

What player have we developed since 2018? That’s six seasons, Hough is doing ok.
Norths was their own doing, so the point is moot. We absolutely need to maximise whatever we can get before it all changes.

We 100 percent should be asking for and receiving priority picks and if the assistance package needs to be traded out similar to Norths first package then at least it might help pay for Baker and Carroll.

However on a side note it would almost be amusing if the AFL set those conditions and we had to go back to them and say

"Well we tried to trade them but no one wants to play for us, can we still keep the picks?" 🤣

If we are adding Waterman and Allen to the mix, in the same time frame Freo have developed

Andrew Brayshaw
Sam Sturt
Michael Frederick
Jordan Clark
Caleb Serong
Hayden Young
Jeremy Sharp
Luke Jackson
Heath Chapman
Josh Treacy
Brandon Walker
Matt Johnson
Jye Amiss
Josh Draper

Waterman
Allen
Hough
Long
Chesser
J Williams
B Williams
Maric
Ginbey

Its a tough one
Why do you keep comparing us to Freo? Completely different circumstances
Theyve been building since they took Brayshaw in 2017 with pick 2. Theyre about 5 years ahead of us, theyre not even remotely comparable

Why do you keep comparing us to Freo? Completely different circumstances
Theyve been building since they took Brayshaw in 2017 with pick 2. Theyre about 5 years ahead of us, theyre not even remotely comparable
Ive compared them every way you asked and no matter how you dress it they have outdrafted us over the last 3 seasons in which we have been rebuilding during.

Andrew Brayshaw
Sam Sturt
Michael Frederick
Jordan Clark
Caleb Serong
Hayden Young
Jeremy Sharp
Luke Jackson
Heath Chapman
Josh Treacy
Brandon Walker
Matt Johnson
Jye Amiss
Josh Draper

Waterman
Allen
Hough
Long
Chesser
J Williams
B Williams
Maric
Ginbey

Its a tough one
Almost every Fremantle player you have listed is a first round draft pick. There's only 2 in our list.

Ive compared them every way you asked and no matter how you dress it they have outdrafted us over the last 3 seasons in which we have been rebuilding during.
In what universe have they otudrafted us in the last 3 years? Theyve barely drafted anybody, a bunch of role players with late picks and Amiss who is the only relevant name. Trading out 2 years worth of first round picks for Luke Jackson who came young, but ready to go is NOT drafting.

Their best players were all drafted before the last 3 years, with their entire midfield being from 2017/2018 and Fyfe

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In what universe have they otudrafted us in the last 3 years? Theyve barely drafted anybody, a bunch of role players with late picks and Amiss who is the only relevant name. Trading out 2 years worth of first round picks for Luke Jackson who came young, but ready to go is NOT drafting.

Their best players were all drafted before the last 3 years, with their entire midfield being from 2017/2018 and Fyfe
One obvious one is Chesser over Johnson.

Was annoyed at the time and am becoming more annoyed at this decision by the week.

And now to rub it in the AFL site says...

A young Docker is changing Freo's engine room​

Third-year midfielder Matthew Johnson etc.

One obvious one is Chesser over Johnson.

Was annoyed at the time and am becoming more annoyed at this decision by the week.

And now to rub it in the AFL site says...

A young Docker is changing Freo's engine room​

Third-year midfielder Matthew Johnson etc.
Throw Chesser into a midfield like Freos that might actually use him and I bet he would get articles like that too. Its a lot easier to look good in a strong side

Throw Chesser into a midfield like Freos that might actually use him and I bet he would get articles like that too. Its a lot easier to look good in a strong side
Are you saying that
1. you would have taken Chesser over Johnson in the draft? and
2. You'd stick by that decision?/we made the right selection?

So when Eagles trade Tim Kelly away its "We didnt have any draft picks so its not poort drafting" and when Freo trade picks away for Luke Jackson its a "they only drafted a bunch of role players". Id say Luke Jacksons age doesnt change cos he used to play for Melbourne for a few seasons so in that respect he should be included. Even not including him Freo still probably ahead sadly enough

If all Freo have taken is Amiss then Eagles have then only taken Reid. From this weeks games we got

Amiss, Johnson, Draper, Wagner

vs

Reid, Ginbey, Chesser, Hough, Williams

I mean take Reid out of that and its too close for comfort really

Last edited:
Every PP given was because the club in question had stuffed up. Every single time. We are no different. We are not a proud club anymore, we excepted 3 years of mismanagement, and need help to get out of the hole.

Shove your pride, we need the picks.
Hopefully with Nesbitt gone, we won't be too proud to ask for one anymore.

Hopefully with Nesbitt gone, we won't be too proud to ask for one anymore.
If Pyke wants to use the word aggressive then we dont ask for assistance, we just flat out demand it.

I agree with what someone was saying elsewhere that this is the best draft in that 10-30 so now is the time to ask for those end of first rounders

Are you saying that
1. you would have taken Chesser over Johnson in the draft? and
2. You'd stick by that decision?/we made the right selection?
Thats not what im saying at all?
I think Johnson looks more comfortable because he is playing alongside a midfield that is quite strong, and only does bits and pieces in there. Chesser gets languishing on a wing with nobody looking to give him the ball.

2 very different environments

So when Eagles trade Tim Kelly away its "We didnt have any draft picks so its not poort drafting" and when Freo trade picks away for Luke Jackson its a "they only drafted a bunch of role players". Id say Luke Jacksons age doesnt change cos he used to play for Melbourne for a few seasons so in that respect he should be included. Even not including him Freo still probably ahead sadly enough

If all Freo have taken is Amiss then Eagles have then only taken Reid. From this weeks games we got

Amiss, Johnson, Draper, Wagner

vs

Reid, Ginbey, Chesser, Hough, Williams

I mean take Reid out of that and its too close for comfort really
We have Hewett as well who should be 2nd or 3rd best of our guys. Wagner is 27. Johnson hasnt played much better if at all than Chesser, considering the teams they play in. Amiss has been ok, but not amazing, id have Hough clearly ahead of him in output so far.
Take Reid out and we are ahead still comfortably tbh

We have Hewett as well who should be 2nd or 3rd best of our guys. Wagner is 27. Johnson hasnt played much better if at all than Chesser, considering the teams they play in. Amiss has been ok, but not amazing, id have Hough clearly ahead of him in output so far.
Take Reid out and we are ahead still comfortably tbh
Amiss kicked 40 goals last year in just his second season. He hasn't backed it up this year but is still on track for 30-35. I like Hough, but no way would I have him ahead.

Amiss kicked 40 goals last year in just his second season. He hasn't backed it up this year but is still on track for 30-35. I like Hough, but no way would I have him ahead.
Hough has been very good this year, while Amiss has been largely irrelevant. Id still have Hough ahead

Back