Should WA clubs be allowed to train in groups of 10?

Is it fair if WA clubs are allowed to train in groups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

In 2015 the Eagles played ‘away’ games against MCG tenants Collingwood at Etihad, and Melbourne in Darwin.

The Eagles hadn’t beaten the Pies at the G since 2002, play that game at the G and the Pies win. Eagles fans would have been happy as it gave them the ‘opportunity of a game at the G’.

But lose that game, and all of a sudden Eagles finish HA 4th and the entire clap-trap argument of them deserving to host the GF is redundant.
This is particularly pertinent to 2018.
Eagles 'lost the opportunity to play at the G' when the AFL scheduled our home game against them at Etihad.
They won a close encounter, play that at the G we probably win.
That pushes us into 2nd and them down to 4th on the ladder (again rendering the home GF clap-trap redundant), meaning they play the Tigers at the G in the QF instead of a cushy home run to the GF.

If I was an interstater I would be celebrating every time my team's away games against contender G tenants were scheduled away from the G, especially if it means the home team also having to fly somewhere, but all we hear is #vicco #rigged #travel

We were talking about 2015 when we travelled the same number of times as the Eagles and yet people put a travel asterisk on our flag.

It would be more difficult, but as discussed voluminously in this and other threads, is somewhat offset by other factors and appears to not be a disadvantage.
Keep believing that BH, keep believing.

This is particularly pertinent to 2018.
Eagles 'lost the opportunity to play at the G' when the AFL scheduled our home game against them at Etihad.
They won a close encounter, play that at the G we probably win.
That pushes us into 2nd and them down to 4th on the ladder (again rendering the home GF clap-trap redundant), meaning they play the Tigers at the G in the QF instead of a cushy home run to the GF.

If I was an interstater I would be celebrating every time my team's away games against contender G tenants were scheduled away from the G, especially if it means the home team also having to fly somewhere, but all we hear is #vicco #rigged #travel
Na you have it all wrong.

The Eagles deserved 2nd on the ladder, it was the Eagles that were disadvantaged by missing out on an away game at the G against Hawthorn.

Hawthorn were listed as the ‘home’ team so obviously still enjoyed the home ground advantage.

Just ask an Eagle fan.

Good to see Simmo dismissing the any disadvantage of having players in quarantine ...... Gil & his disadvantage to Melbourne clubs exposed for nonsense that it was.

Gil MUST wear this 'fair' claim, pursued every time he puts his head up, sadly the Melbourne media pack will NEVER understand the stupidiy of his action.

Last edited:
the home ground advantage

How long are we going to hang on to this charade, home ground is long gone, Richmond has never left Punt Road & have called the G home, Docklands home & NQ home.
Home & Away, every bit the same NONSENSE, its about money not the ground BUT the slows hang on looking backwards.

Collingwood v Richmond at the G is oh so different to Richmond v Collingwood at the G, yeh!
Who is at home, hello hello !!

Its ironic how this thread has had practically zero comments from Victorians, speaks volumes for how corrupt and morally bankrupt that state has become.

So are you saying that if WA was in lockdown, and Victoria wasn’t, that you would be fine with the Vic teams training in groups of 10, with the season starting in a month?

We were talking about 2015 when we travelled the same number of times as the Eagles and yet people put a travel asterisk on our flag.

It would be more difficult, but as discussed voluminously in this and other threads, is somewhat offset by other factors and appears to not be a disadvantage.

How many times was that travel for your own home game? because you can't count those..that is a choice YOUR team made for the $$

How long are we going to hang on to this charade, home ground is long gone, Richmond has never left Punt Road & have called the G home, Docklands home & NQ home.
Home & Away, every bit the same NONSENSE, its about money not the ground BUT the slows hang on looking backwards.

Collingwood v Richmond at the G is oh so different to Richmond v Collingwood at the G, yeh!
Who is at home, hello hello !!

Do you write Donald Trump's speeches Kwality? :oops:

And how is life on Truemans Road?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many times was that travel for your own home game? because you can't count those..that is a choice YOUR team made for the $$
4. If I was complaining about the travel you would have a valid point, but but the discussion was around the effects of travel, the effects don't disappear because it's a home game.

4. If I was complaining about the travel you would have a valid point, but but the discussion was around the effects of travel, the effects don't disappear because it's a home game.

No but it means it is a self inflicted difficulty.

West Coast don't have any choice but to travel as much as they do. Hawks have a choice.

So are you saying that if WA was in lockdown, and Victoria wasn’t, that you would be fine with the Vic teams training in groups of 10, with the season starting in a month?

Thats whats Simmo is saying .... do what you have to do to get the game going.
The Eagles & Dockers/SA clubs have players in quarantine. Next thing you'll be demanding Dogs players should be in quarantine 'to be fair', hang on Gil is saying that, where are you Gil?

Anyone who claims Gil is about 'fair' has to have benefitted from his dealings & have a postcode beginning in 3.

The Eagles & Dockers/SA clubs have players in quarantine. Next thing you'll be demanding Dogs players should be in quarantine 'to be fair', hang on Gil is saying that, where are you Gil?

Anyone who claims Gil is about 'fair' has to have benefitted from his dealings & have a postcode beginning in 3.

But the AFL has said they will limit it to groups of 10 starting Monday even though from tomorrow Vic clubs can train as a full group.

Players should have been called back last Monday to clubs which would make the 14 days be up on Sunday, if players are still in quarantine after this then it is really your own fault.

There has been a lot of noise the last 2 weeks but the AFL were fair on training to begin with, fair on the Adelaide thing and now they are again being fair on training when the shoe is on the other foot.

West Coast don't have any choice but to travel as much as they do. Hawks have a choice.
Indeed it is self inflicted, that's why I wasn't complaining or saying it was unfair.
It was a discussion around effects/volumes of travel and I was pointing out we travelled the same number of times as the Eagles that year and still went ok.

But both the Hawks and yourself have demonstrated with 6 of the last 14 premierships combined that travelling interstate 9-10 times per year is no barrier to success. This travel problem is a fiction. It seems it enhances your chances of success if anything.

Indeed it is self inflicted, that's why I wasn't complaining or saying it was unfair.
It was a discussion around effects/volumes of travel and I was pointing out we travelled the same number of times as the Eagles that year and still went ok.

The Eagles also travelled the same number of times as the Eagles and they also still went ok. All the extra travel does is maybe give your wife more chance to shag someone else while you are away. FFS, they are sitting on a plane for a few hours, not running an ultra marathon across the Simpson desert.

Never heard whingeing like it.

It's only for 3 days, a known quantity, that's why Simpson isn't worrying about it.
When the AFL put the 2 player rule in they had no idea how long the state restrictions were going to be in place, Andrews had gone rogue, if it was going to be 3 days then they wouldn't have bothered with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back