Review Showdown 56

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to see some anger, spirit in Boak's game tonight. Quite unusual of him so fired up.

Two good games in a row (albeit that run down this game). Maybe the penny has dropped and he realises there's a chance before his time runs out..
I think he likes those conditions. Test is on a dry fast deck.

Always a good time winning a showdown. Still worries me that we can't just put this abysmal team away from the start.

Gee dubs in week 1 worries me, hope Mitch is back for it.
Even though we win tonight but we really need young blood to replace Dixon and Riolli . In the defence , we need 1 more Bergman type defender . To be honest , I will perfer Dante over Dixon but it may be too late to make changes at this stage . In forward line , we are missing Robbie Gray or our Chad Wingard .

I don’t think bzt had a shit game. Sure a couple of questionable kicks but kept Fogarty quiet most of the night. Only 2 goals with 1 being out the back which wasn’t really his fault
Got in front of him nicely a few times
Been a very good pick up this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It wasn't even this moment that i lost any respect i might have had for David King, it was this coupled with his virtually calling for the gas chamber for any player since then who has committed far less severe acts on the field. Disgusting. I mean, he was even bringing into Gaff's defence that he was a school prefect for f**k sake.
Everyone and their dog thought that Gaff was heading to North in the next season. He simply didn't want North having a player suspended.

David King reckons Houston gets 8

Sent from my SM-A556E using Tapatalk
Let's not forget SPP got 4, for having a player spun into him because he tucked an elbow. If Houston has hit him high, his is clearly worse.

It's so frustrating, because for all intents and purposes, it was a great and fair hit. Hospital pass, set him up, and Houston met him solidly up the middle. If Rankine bounces up and moves on, we're all good. However he appears to have either copped a hit to the head, or has knocked himself out on the ground and now we'll lose our AA HBF for the rest of the season. Huge loss.

I don't reckon he'll go anywhere now.

Good old Port bullying tonight in the prison bars . Good to see. They give us a hard time but gladly we were more prepared this time and realised it took a proper 4 quarter effort .
Lucky for our midfield and defence , forward line was covered pretty well . Sweet on top of Obrien helped and the increased maturity of Rozee , Butters and Horne Francis . Drew , Wines and Boak were important back up , although I was a little disappointed with Mead , Burgoyne was quite good although his kicking frustrates me . DBJ, Dixon , Ratogalea , Rioli did their little bits which helped just that little bit in a tight game but were otherwise quiet .
Farrel and Bergman were good . BZT a bit shaky , Jones ok till he went of , Logan Evans pretty good again , Houston solid , in more ways than one . Burton , hmm our worst just about , didn’t seem to have the same mindset as the rest of the team .
Great to get the win and full credit really .

Come on. Don’t take joy out of rankine being hurt. Not good to see
Rankine seems to be good bloke but not sure why he choosen to play for racist club in the land . It must be really cringe worthy to play along racist ex captain Walker . Hopefully , the bump will fix his lose nuts .

This past month has been the most un-Ken Hinkley Port Adelaide that I have ever seen. We win from behind, we win tough contested finals-worthy matches, we overcome appalling umpiring, we run over the top of teams in the last quarter.

We took all the cheap shots the crows like to hand out in a game and invariably get away with and gave it back to them with interest. I'm sorry Houston's season is over, it was more an error of judgement than anything, but it did flick the switch on the match.

The atmosphere was an absolute cauldron from that point on and the crows melted. If not for a couple of speculative pot shots in the last quarter they would have been lucky to kick a goal in the second half.

Finals will be the real test, but you can't fault the way we played this past month. And this game, the crows threw everything at us, we took it, gave it back and ran over the top of them. Like a tank over Mr Bean's mini.

Zak Butters played a game for the ages, but the other two amigos were right in it. And Sweet was huge, he more than matched O'Brien, even after a couple of times when he looked like he copped an injury.

I wonder if the MRO will look at the knee Crouch dropped on Sweet or the elbow he swung at Boak's head in the melee?

And then they act surprised when Port supporters don’t show them respect at any time? Why should we?
To be fair, we don't respect them because they're a shit club with no history that's won less than 33% of their games over the last 5 years. Their dickhead players like old s**tstain Keays and footsteps Rachelle, just add some extra cream.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Showdown 56

Remove this Banner Ad

Back