Review Showdown 56

Remove this Banner Ad

Idk if we drop Mead after that.

Worst game I've seen of a player in a while.

Also suggests he might not be up for it in finals.
This. He panicked terribly tonight. That was very twitchy and it cost us on the scoreboard. Someone (eg his dad) needs to tell him that scaredy cat sort of footy doesn’t win respect from the fans nor does it win big games.

That Nick Daicos 25 possession game was one for the ages.
Was it lol Dunstall is like why don’t they hard tag him, talking Brownlow lock, thought he did a Butters

For once I thought Dixon at least had some physical presence. I don't think he was a great forward tonight but I thought his leadership was pretty important in providing some authority when things got a bit heated.
The only time he got tough was when there was a scuffle. He was manhandled and pushed out. He needs to fix that. One on one he is too soft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see some anger, spirit in Boak's game tonight. Quite unusual of him so fired up.

Two good games in a row (albeit that run down this game). Maybe the penny has dropped and he realises there's a chance before his time runs out..
Never seen boaky play angry before. It was like he'd been told he'd lost his red bull sponsorship or something

It wasn't even this moment that i lost any respect i might have had for David King, it was this coupled with his virtually calling for the gas chamber for any player since then who has committed far less severe acts on the field. Disgusting. I mean, he was even bringing into Gaff's defence that he was a school prefect for f**k sake.

I always post this when someone brings it up because it to me is one the most gross things I've seen in AFL media.
When does a player who has f**ked up so royally ever get to give their side of the story immediately after the match? Ridiculous.

If you had missed the match and just tuned in and saw this without context, you'd assume Gaff was the victim of some incident.

Shades of the Hawks/Bombers 'line in the sand' game. Houston probably gone for the year but by hell it made a statement.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app
It was like port in the 70/80s ruthless. I did not need to be done but it put a hush through the crowd and the crows. Port kept on going - not having a deleterious effect on them.

For people saying we had a disastrous offseason, thatch was excellent and has had a great year, sweet is clearly an excellent ruckman with back up / still could be number 1 soldo. Rat has been big up forward to

BZT was horrendous tonight, let's be honest.

Although he has been solid since Rat went forward. But tonight, no way.

KG and Cornes after watching this match.

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Reaction GIF

I give you tonight, and last weekend, as additional, conclusive exhibits a) and b) why it is near impossible for Port to win a flag coached as we are. Not that more exhibits more were needed here surely after the last decade. Seriously… how do we “expect to win”, sorry “expect to compete honourably in” three cutthroat finals playing like that?? Two “go to plan” home finals followed by a not unreasonable expectation of an ambush against our virtual bunnies Sydney @MCG, even that simplest ever possible gift horse effing pathway still seems unlikely.

FFS.

Relief more than excitement is the dominant emotion here tonight IMO. That even accounting for the near-FB-nuffie “it’s all ok if we’ve beaten the Crows” element.

I’m at the (very flat) post match :/

Someone pls find me a drink. I mean me and a drink 🤣😬

Ok let’s hear from tonight’s two big heroes (yes they should have Willie up there as well). Anyway. They can’t get it all done on their own no matter how good they are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Showdown 56

Remove this Banner Ad

Back