Unofficial Preview Showdown XLIV Banter Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

As bad and overhyped as Port are there is one thing they are good at.

Causing congestion in the forward 50.

This concerns me as our forwards struggle without space to operate.

I can see them turning this game into a boring floodfest and somehow they score enough fluke goals to beat us in a tight one.

This is the first time under Pyke I have felt they can beat us. I will feel a little bit better if they rush both SPP and Rocky as this will slow them a bit, taking away their ability to hurt us on the counter attack.

For us to win Jenkins will need to prove to us he is the contested marking player he statistically has been this year.

Of course we could break down their flood with precise kicking and player movement up forward and totally obliterate them. As WCE did.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thier backs are against the wall. They are starting down 4 wins 4 losses. That means around 11 wins from top 4 with 14 rounds left. One of those rounds against us.

Kern holds a $4 million dollar 4 year deal, he's not going anywhere :D
Would be the coup de grâce for Gold Coast to beat them in China. Wearing their Chinese flag coloured guernsey, having forced Port to extend Ken's contract while getting a better coach themselves instead.

Did he strain his vocal cords yelling at his teammates when he missed that soda?
Possibly a misunderstanding, but I thought I heard somewhere (commentators?) that he was going off at the umpire for interrupting his routine by reminding him "15 seconds". Probably not, but sweet if true :)

Geez if the game is anything like the captains ' conference it'll be a battle not to fall asleep

My favourite part was after the questions to Tex there was silence so Boaks like "beautiful" that's done... follow up with "Tex in terms of Rory Sloane...."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes it does. and Clubs on AFL support cannot pay out Coaches. or get support if they pay out coaches.
Brisbane were allowed to sack Leppitsch.

However Port are nowhere near as bad as the Lions were and Leppitsch only had a year to go and doubt he was as highly paid as Hinkley is.

Bear in mind Hinkley renewed his contract early and "In demand" so he would be on decent coin. Would not surprise me if he is one of the highest paid coaches in the game, ie over $700k pa.

Kern's job is safe till at least 2020.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Always love the smile of the nicely dressed lady with her hair brushed...clearly not a poer fan

You know what’s turned out to be the most brilliant part about that video? that smugly smiling woman is the Powas favourite Channel 7 reporter Gertie Spurling :D
6_A995_E65-4004-4_F57-9_D14-38_EAA768_AD6_E.png

Where are the puffers ???
I want to banter !!!!

They’ve even disappeared from the Bay!

Remove this Banner Ad

Unofficial Preview Showdown XLIV Banter Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back