Game Day Showdown XXXIX

Remove this Banner Ad

We'll surely you have to have some room for accidents then? Otherwise we have gone completely mad. Imagine if Dangerfield got weeks for his hit on Murphy a few years ago.
But it has already gone mad !
They admitted they erred by not citing Schulz
They fined Mitchell for his " kick" last week but the " kick " on Tex a who is as tough as they come and even he had to go off - nothing
If they are going to be consistent it was head high behind the play
The Gibbs tackle made " accidental " irrelevant - there was an umpire there
Gibbs did not " intentionally " concussion Gray
The end result and what caused is what matters

One handed to. Was good.
As for Tex's tackle up the scoreboard end maybe on Trengove, which they dwelled on for an eternity. Definitely not a sling. Play on.
Tex even used his arm to brace the contact to the ground
Absolutely nothing in that

But it has already gone mad !
They admitted they erred by not citing Schulz
They fined Mitchell for his " kick" last week but the " kick " on Tex a who is as tough as they come and even he had to go off - nothing
If they are going to be consistent it was head high behind the play
The Gibbs tackle made " accidental " irrelevant - there was an umpire there
Gibbs did not " intentionally " concussion Gray
The end result and what caused is what matters
I think we will just have to agree to see it differently.
If they assess it the impact will be below the threshold I would imagine, the doctors report would surely comeback fine.

I think we will just have to agree to see it differently.
If they assess it the impact will be below the threshold I would imagine, the doctors report would surely comeback fine.
Yes - the doctors report will be he's fine
But he had to go off
He was smashing Lobbe - no coincidence the wheels fell off when he wasn't on the field
And if we lost ???
I'll agree to disagree if you'll concede it could have been game over for Jacobs bar a bit of luck :D

Yes - the doctors report will be he's fine
But he had to go off
He was smashing Lobbe - no coincidence the wheels fell off when he wasn't on the field
And if we lost ???
I'll agree to disagree if you'll concede it could have been game over for Jacobs bar a bit of luck :D
And if I dont? ;)

It was quite prominent on telly, can't work out why they booed, any idea?

Beats me, I don't know why anyone would boo after that game, other than the result not going the home sides way it was a cracking game. I'm not defending the w***ers that are in every crowd and there were definitely a few boos and a couple of ordinary comments after the game and during the presentation, but it didn't seem too prominent from where I was.

And if I dont? ;)
I don't really mind:)
I'm feeling very generous tonight !:D
I am just confused how when our boys are on the receiving end there always seems to be " no case to answer"
We won
Jacobs is ok
And Lobbe looks like an idiot
I'm happy

Beats me, I don't know why anyone would boo after that game, other than the result not going the home sides way it was a cracking game. I'm not defending the ******s that are in every crowd and there were definitely a few boos and a couple of ordinary comments after the game and during the presentation, but it didn't seem too prominent from where I was.
And yet in every other game the last couple of weeks there has been absolutely NO bad feeling or ill will

Seems to have only happened today
Surprise surprise

Not

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol

lil koch hand in thr presidentcy no wonder tge bullshit wankathon march went together oh and tge abuse we copped on the hill and the train glad i never gave two ****s about them ********s , 5-10 Helpful umpire decions jau mark or free we win, im over being gang r*ped byumps, and gooding go smoke dills unemployed pole you geriatrick ****stic
k,well played cows suckered in our great captain n turned him into a blubbering baby

The umpires need to sort out the bullshit 3rd man up rule. Went mental when they gave Ryder a free against Hardigan for blocking when he wasn't the ruckman.
It's a mind boggling concept. Reckon at every contest the two opposing ruckmen should have to stick their arm up to nominate as contesting the bounce or throw in.

If anyone else touches the ball first, free kick against. If the ball hits the ground before either ruckmen gets to it, replay it.

Firstly, I come here in peace.

Well done on your win, richly deserved and I could actually see it coming after the emotional release of last week. Wanted it more tonight.

On the supposed booing of Walker, there has been a lot said that the umpires were being booed off the ground at the time. I didn't see this to be honest, but I think we deserve the benefit of the doubt given the way that we've conducted ourselves as a club over the last two weeks. The subsequent whipping up of hatred from Graeme Goodings flies in the face of this and is pretty irresponsible by him. As an aside, we probably got the rub in the second half, but it's a difficult thing to get between the bulk of Port supporters and booing the umps off the ground. It's like death and taxes.

That's all. Enjoy the win.

Firstly, I come here in peace.

Well done on your win, richly deserved and I could actually see it coming after the emotional release of last week. Wanted it more tonight.

On the supposed booing of Walker, there has been a lot said that the umpires were being booed off the ground at the time. I didn't see this to be honest, but I think we deserve the benefit of the doubt given the way that we've conducted ourselves as a club over the last two weeks. The subsequent whipping up of hatred from Graeme Goodings flies in the face of this and is pretty irresponsible by him. As an aside, we probably got the rub in the second half, but it's a difficult thing to get between the bulk of Port supporters and booing the umps off the ground. It's like death and taxes.

That's all. Enjoy the win.

What about before the game?

When the crows ran on - booing was loud and clear for about 3 seconds and then port came on and it was cheering.

Umpires must have come on at the same time.

What about before the game?

When the crows ran on - booing was loud and clear for about 3 seconds and then port came on and it was cheering.

Nothing wrong with that is there? Are you guys immune for the rest of the season? We also applauded Scott Thompson roundly when he was awarded the medal.

Just doesn't add up that Tex was targeted individually for booing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Showdown XXXIX

Remove this Banner Ad

Back