Sick of defending the MFC

Remove this Banner Ad

According to Mike Sheehan, Cameron Schwab & Melbourne have offered Cloke $1.1 / year for 7 years. If that's true, it's really hard to take Melbourne seriously as a professional AFL club.

God I love Schwabby....... now he's not at Freo.

Like watching a car crash in slow motion.

Anybody really believe we'd offer Cloke 7 years at 1.1. Sheahan stole it from Hardy who pulled it out of his own arse. We could get him for 4/5 years on that coin. Or maybe it's front loaded and he'd be receiving 500k for the last 3?

I'm just...blah.

I've spent the last 6 days in Fiji. Best mate was getting married. And...it was good to not have to care about the footy club. It was actually a relief to not have to hear about yet another Melbourne collapse. To watch as a team put together two good quarters and two horrific ones to ultimately get pummeled.

The worst sides often manage to match it for three quarters and then get pummeled in the other. Melbourne have done it for 15 years. Even when we were at the pointy end, we'd always lose games by choking away a quarter and collapsing. The problems Melbourne have are endemic - and they're the basics. Skill errors. Handballing BACK INTO TRAFFIC (we have seriously done this for at least a decade under three different coaches). Defensive kickouts. Maintaining structure. I know it can turn around quickly.

The only ones that really understand are the Tigers supporters. It's ****ing heartbreaking to have your team finally look to turn it around only to ****ing collapse in on itself and struggle yet again.

I'll support the footy club through anything. But for goodness' sake I would like something resembling forward momentum. Right now we're bloody lucky to be above the Suns on the ladder to be honest, as I reckon they've played better footy than us for most of the year.

According to Mike Sheehan, Cameron Schwab & Melbourne have offered Cloke $1.1 / year for 7 years. If that's true, it's really hard to take Melbourne seriously as a professional AFL club.

he then went on to say he would not take 20 years at $1.1 m to be at a club like melbourne when he could take $800k at collingwood.

There was open and generous agreement from all.

What a shocking OP. If you can't stick through the bad times, you shouldn't be a supporter.

From my point of view, its the list management that is the problems. Recruiting has been poor, and trading not much better.

It can all turn around very quickly though. This time last year, Melbourne was 7-7 and in 9th place. They were ahead of Adelaide, St Kilda and North for FFS! Melbourne at this stage have picks 3, 4 and 13. There is a strong chance they will grap Grundy, Toumpas/Mayes, another 1st rounder and then Viney in the 2nd round. This would be a dream result! If GWS pass on Grundy, this is a likely scenario.

Get rid of a lot of dead wood, trade someone with a bit of currency (Moloney for e.g) and build from there. Have faith in Neeld!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Cloke is having that Ebay frenzy about him where people don't like losing a bid and keep going up and then get the sinking feeling after they won that they have paid more than retail for a second hand item and everyone else who lost the bidding war thinks, 'wow, what was i thinking, dodged a bullet on that one'.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sick of defending the MFC

Remove this Banner Ad

Back