Simon Lethlean appointed to the role of Head of Football

Remove this Banner Ad

you know how people were losing their shit over ameet taking our IP to the dogs...

i wonder why there's no comments regarding simons knowledge of whats happening in the AFL as well as club land. he would have been across literally everything that was going on

They don't do much. Standing around circle jerking all day doesn't really help us.

I understand, no one likes the power differential relationship, it looks bad and arguably is objectively wrong. However there's a massive difference bw use of that power differential as a tool for avoiding responsibility for criminal sexual assault and a consensual relationship bw two people who are professionally at different levels.
She's consented to the relationship and who knows, may be she thought there was something in it for her - that is certainly not unheard of either.
You're right the current climate is the unfortunate backdrop but let's not lose sight of the fact it can cut both ways in this type of situation.

And the lesson for all is: Don't get your meat where you get your bread!

The AFL didn't get rid of him for nothing. This has been stage managed but I'm sure there was more to it. I know guys who know Lethlean, one is a filthy campaigner too. It's probably a guilt by association thing but his friends moral compasses are pretty ordinary too.

All I'm saying is this has a high chance of blowing up in our faces. If the AFL manage his image for us we might come out okay because he has contacts that could be helpful in the boys club. If it all turns to shit I have registered my protest in advance.

At least he seems to be popular amongst the fans.

I am quite upbeat on this appointment.I see it not to disimilar to Mark McInnes at David Jones .
He has had some time way and comes back .For whatever McInnes did, the guy was a good operator. Now look at Premier Investments .They are going gangbusters.
Now, no diputing the position is a drop for the guy of his ability.But maybe, just maybe, Finnis and or board is setting up a succesion plan.
He is not going to be there for ever .Just some thoughts to consider .
From what I have heard he is an arogant F***though.

This was the first one I came across but if you google overlooked and Lethlean you should find heaps.

http://www.thecourier.com.au/story/5043291/blues-ceo-shock-as-simon-lethlean-overlooked/?cs=2455
Carlton, Collingwood, Hawthorn, Western Bulldogs

Carlton because Liddle had a better commercial background.
Hawthorn because Jeff Kennett.
Bulldogs because Ameet Bains. Nobody can argue with that.

People have to realise that there would be heaps of different reasons as to why someone is appointed and others are not.

Who is to know that Bains, Kennett and Liddle weren't the best fit for the clubs they joined?

Maybe people just read too much into it.

You can't say for certain that he was passed on unless you know yourself that one of those four clubs didn't appoint him for the sole reason of what happened at the AFL. And unless you are directly involved in the interview process you wouldn't know that.

In a years time any controversy will be forgotten about and rich clubs will be asking how did stkilda get him - like that we have gone out on a bit of a limb for the first time under this board / president etc.

Or he will have caused our image damage with the controversy and doesn't do much for us in the mean time. If he works out, other clubs want him, pull out the cheque book he'd be gone in 10 seconds.

Carlton, Collingwood, Hawthorn, Western Bulldogs

Carlton because Liddle had a better commercial background.
Hawthorn because Jeff Kennett.
Bulldogs because Ameet Bains. Nobody can argue with that.

People have to realise that there would be heaps of different reasons as to why someone is appointed and others are not.

Who is to know that Bains, Kennett and Liddle weren't the best fit for the clubs they joined?

Maybe people just read too much into it.

You can't say for certain that he was passed on unless you know yourself that one of those four clubs didn't appoint him for the sole reason of what happened at the AFL. And unless you are directly involved in the interview process you wouldn't know that.

Carlton had him as good as signed then decided to go with the boot studder from Geelong instead. Maybe he just is tainted. Kennett is a bizarre appointment by the way.

His biggest mistake was his infidelity.
Well hopefully he won't remain loyal to that crusty old cup in our trophy cabinet and will instead actively pursue that attractive, but very elusive, shiny new model that everyone else will also be lusting over ;)

I like the way guys are throwing her age out there, 18 one says lol, she was a junior another says, none of you know for sure how old she really was. I have it on good advice she was much older, but i wouldn't be throwing ages around, just for my own satisfaction.

Hes appointed, get over it, move on.

Carlton had him as good as signed then decided to go with the boot studder from Geelong instead. Maybe he just is tainted. Kennett is a bizarre appointment by the way.
I think Hawks went with the devil that they know rather than the devil that they don't, lol. Maybe they are desperate for flags and he is the last person who took them there.

I think our appointment of Lethlean is a good one. I think he, like Snake, deserved a second chance. Jake seems to have changed his ways, so I'm hoping our club's culture is strong enough to change another. Nobody can dismiss his football acumen, aside from his transgressions he is a quality AFL operator.

While married.
Luckily we only recruit people of good character, hey?

There’s plenty of really good, upstanding people who have cheated on their spouses.

I’ve never done it but can 100% understand why some people stray.

Glasshouses, etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ptgglxorrtcby4zx8w3o.png

I like the way guys are throwing her age out there, 18 one says lol, she was a junior another says, none of you know for sure how old she really was. I have it on good advice she was much older, but i wouldn't be throwing ages around, just for my own satisfaction.

Hes appointed, get over it, move on.

I think she was 27. She was Curtley Beale's girlfriend, he was pretty much groping her in a corporate box at a GWS game and sleazing all over her at AFL events apparently.

I think Hawks went with the devil that they know rather than the devil that they don't, lol. Maybe they are desperate for flags and he is the last person who took them there.

I think our appointment of Lethlean is a good one. I think he, like Snake, deserved a second chance. Jake seems to have changed his ways, so I'm hoping our club's culture is strong enough to change another. Nobody can dismiss his football acumen, aside from his transgressions he is a quality AFL operator.

Snake has kept his nose clean but why court more controversy? It seems dumb, it's like getting an ex CEO of a multinational to work in your plumbing business. I think we were overawed by his former position.

Well lets name her shall we, i would of been tempted myself if i had of had a few, i know who she is but wasn't going to name her.

It's been all over the media. You can google it in 2 seconds, the AFL didn't keep it secret nor did the media.

She played up on her long term boyfriend, he played up on his missus, nothing to see here move on

He's here anyway, he had just better put his head down and work hard and not **** things up. It shows poor decision making to be publicly cheating at AFL event and games as a high profile person. Anyway, doesn't really matter what I think.

Snake has kept his nose clean but why court more controversy? It seems dumb, it's like getting an ex CEO of a multinational to work in your plumbing business. I think we were overawed by his former position.
I think this will tell us more about our own clubs culture than anything else. I think we should have some faith that we are strong enough now to deal with these situations.

I think this will tell us more about our own clubs culture than anything else. I think we should have some faith that we are strong enough now to deal with these situations.

Anyway I hope so, you usually expect your leadership to set the tone is my worry. How do you tell a group of young men to act with integrity and moralise to them when you don't have your own shit in order. Hopefully he can sell them the message that he's ruined his career with a few bad choices,

She played up on her long term boyfriend, he played up on his missus, nothing to see here move on
He's here anyway, he had just better put his head down and work hard and not **** things up. It shows poor decision making to be publicly cheating at AFL event and games as a high profile person. Anyway, doesn't really matter what I think.
We just need to adopt the George Costanza approach to hiring female staff and he should be fine

Remove this Banner Ad

Simon Lethlean appointed to the role of Head of Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Back