SNFL Div 1 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Righto who's the historian on this thread?

East Malvern currently 0-16 and I can't see them getting close in the remaining fixtures. When and who were the last team to go through a full Division 1 season winless?

It's probably more recent than I think but nothing is coming to mind.

In all honesty I can't see the panthers getting back to Div 1 for at least 3-4 years. The club needs a complete clean out and a new beginning.

Righto who's the historian on this thread?

East Malvern currently 0-16 and I can't see them getting close in the remaining fixtures. When and who were the last team to go through a full Division 1 season winless?

It's probably more recent than I think but nothing is coming to mind.

In all honesty I can't see the panthers getting back to Div 1 for at least 3-4 years. The club needs a complete clean out and a new beginning.

East Brighton 2016?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

East Brighton 2016?

Great shout PD, could be on the money.

I've done some digging and can see Clayton went 0-18 in 2017 and East Brighton did indeed go 0-18 in 2016. Prior to that Heatherton went 0-1-17 in 2014 and Highett 0-18 in 2013.

Might need to see someone regarding my short term memory. 4 times in the past decade (could be 5 in a fortnight) is an amazing statistic.

I've done some digging and can see Clayton went 0-18 in 2017 and East Brighton did indeed go 0-18 in 2016. Prior to that Heatherton went 0-1-17 in 2014 and Highett 0-18 in 2013.

Might need to see someone regarding my short term memory. 4 times in the past decade (could be 5 in a fortnight) is an amazing statistic.

Can happen pretty quickly to a club. A few bad decisions and it can change pretty quickly. East Brighton lived out of portables in 2016. Made it just about impossible to keep the list together and recruit. Was very close to being like Hampton.

Can happen pretty quickly to a club. A few bad decisions and it can change pretty quickly. East Brighton lived out of portables in 2016. Made it just about impossible to keep the list together and recruit. Was very close to being like Hampton.

Not wrong about happening quickly.

They played off in 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014 grand finals, 2 years later is a huge turnaround.

Clayton in 2017 were the worst of the lot finished bottom with 18%, East Brighton (2016) had 28%, Highett (2013) had 35% and Heatherton had a draw in 2014 and finished with 45%.
So in comparison East Malvern season not the worst in the last decade by any stretch!

Clayton in 2017 were the worst of the lot finished bottom with 18%, East Brighton (2016) had 28%, Highett (2013) had 35% and Heatherton had a draw in 2014 and finished with 45%.
So in comparison East Malvern season not the worst in the last decade by any stretch!

East Malvern still have a couple of weeks to go, not out of the woods yet.

Had some good teams over that period of time…..in hindsight probably should’ve got another flag.
Both years that we won it they were the favourites (2011 & 2013)

Both years that they won it they were the underdogs (Chelsea & Dingley)

They were always up there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both years that we won it they were the favourites (2011 & 2013)

Both years that they won it they were the underdogs (Chelsea & Dingley)

They were always up there
Sorry I beg to differ. East Brighton were probably favourites going in against Chelsea Hts (won 2nd Semi and finished on top), yes also were favourites in 2011, but St Pauls were most certainly favourites in 2013. The inclusions of Luke James, Bruno etc made them a standout. East just got them in the Semi, but it was St Pauls to lose that year.

Watched St Pauls and St K C on Saturday, overall a very good game. Doggies ran over them in the second half and deserved the win. A few things from the game.
Fev old and slow with little impact.
Swanie play a serviceable game but a major kick out blunder seem to change the game. (Kicked it to St Pauls player about 20 out) resulted in a goal.
St Kilda played well in patches but looked slow as game progressed. OH !!!! and the biggest ruck-man (weight) I've seen in footy, almost killed Halloway in one contest. (He fell on him).
St Pauls looked good most of day, Sziller, Hunt and Muller are guns and their runners of the back and flanks seem to control things very well. They are a very well drilled outfit and their bench was in control of rotations etc all day unlike SKC"s bench. Was a big difference.
They Doggies ( I'm informed ) were missing Knox , Kreymborg, Dolan. Carroll and few more. Dont know for finals if all are gone or not.

And A BIG CROWD and NO TROUBLE as well. Congrats to all. it made it a good day out.

Watched St Pauls and St K C on Saturday, overall a very good game. Doggies ran over them in the second half and deserved the win. A few things from the game.
Fev old and slow with little impact.
Swanie play a serviceable game but a major kick out blunder seem to change the game. (Kicked it to St Pauls player about 20 out) resulted in a goal.
St Kilda played well in patches but looked slow as game progressed. OH !!!! and the biggest ruck-man (weight) I've seen in footy, almost killed Halloway in one contest. (He fell on him).
St Pauls looked good most of day, Sziller, Hunt and Muller are guns and their runners of the back and flanks seem to control things very well. They are a very well drilled outfit and their bench was in control of rotations etc all day unlike SKC"s bench. Was a big difference.
They Doggies ( I'm informed ) were missing Knox , Kreymborg, Dolan. Carroll and few more. Dont know for finals if all are gone or not.

And A BIG CROWD and NO TROUBLE as well. Congrats to all. it made it a good day out.

Knox is likely the only one who won't be there for finals. Shame as he really leads them down back.

Sorry I beg to differ. East Brighton were probably favourites going in against Chelsea Hts (won 2nd Semi and finished on top), yes also were favourites in 2011, but St Pauls were most certainly favourites in 2013. The inclusions of Luke James, Bruno etc made them a standout. East just got them in the Semi, but it was St Pauls to lose that year.

Very true. I forgot we finished top and only got done by a point in that first final. Seems like forever ago but we had our 10 year premiership reunion a few weeks back and it was great catching up with all the boys.

Knox is likely the only one who won't be there for finals. Shame as he really leads them down back.
Doggies play big grounds better than any team . Would love to knox back for us but unlikely. The run and overlap is great and they are well drilled with everyone knowing their role( on and off) City lack team structure and play on natural talent.
Stood behind their bench for a bit , was interesting….

How many times have St. Paul’s missed the finals last 20 years?
From what I can gather maybe only once (2016) when they finished 7th….May have missed last year but the season wasn’t completed so we will never know??
I know they were right up there in the early-mid 2000s and competed with StKilda City and CH for top billing towards the end of 2000s.
They may have missed the finals 1 other time in the 2000s but I’m not sure….definitely the most consistent D1 club over the last 20years (even if they haven’t got the most flags in that period).

Doggies play big grounds better than any team . Would love to knox back for us but unlikely. The run and overlap is great and they are well drilled with everyone knowing their role( on and off) City lack team structure and play on natural talent.
Stood behind their bench for a bit , was interesting….
Chelt has beaten St Pauls twice this year, last time by 57 pts so not sure about bigger grounds, stood next to the St Kilda City bench at the Peanut Farm one time and Hip Hop music was blaring right next to the Coaches but no one seemed bothered !!

From what I can gather maybe only once (2016) when they finished 7th….May have missed last year but the season wasn’t completed so we will never know??
I know they were right up there in the early-mid 2000s and competed with StKilda City and CH for top billing towards the end of 2000s.
They may have missed the finals 1 other time in the 2000s but I’m not sure….definitely the most consistent D1 club over the last 20years (even if they haven’t got the most flags in that period).
St Pauls doing remarkedly well for not having an U/19s since 2017.

Knox one of the best Half Backs I've seen in this competition over a long period of time

Chelt has beaten St Pauls twice this year, last time by 57 pts so not sure about bigger grounds, stood next to the St Kilda City bench at the Peanut Farm one time and Hip Hop music was blaring right next to the Coaches but no one seemed bothered !!

Few missing from the last game vs Chelt, earlier in the year it was a good contest/game.

Game plan is definitely suited to the bigger grounds as opposed to the smaller ones.

Few missing from the last game vs Chelt, earlier in the year it was a good contest/game.

Game plan is definitely suited to the bigger grounds as opposed to the smaller ones.
St Pauls are having a great year but Chelt had injuries from pre Season games and lost first 2 and since won 14 straight, Cranbourne have injuries and won’t get players back for Finals so every Club cops it

Remove this Banner Ad

SNFL Div 1 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back