SNFL Div 1 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow - Cranbourne ! Step above every one !

No one will go near them !
Chelt and St Pauls only 1 win behind so far with Rosellas away game at Cranbourne coming up, best thing in years to happen to SFNL with clubs having to step up and Cranbournes supporters travelling to away games in big numbers which is bringing dollars in to the home club

Chelt and St Pauls only 1 win behind so far with Rosellas away game at Cranbourne coming up, best thing in years to happen to SFNL with clubs having to step up and Cranbournes supporters travelling to away games in big numbers which is bringing dollars in to the home club
Yes I love there supporters ! They travel in packs !

Dingley are looking a bit silly ! Some big name players on big dollars not firing .

Might not even make the 5

Big game next week Cranny V St Pauls. Will open up the top 4 spots if Doggies can win at McKinnon Oval. We know Cheltenham can beat them and maybe STKC too. thoughts ???
Oh hear that Bentleigh might have a few surprises for Malvern next Saturday. :think: WTS.

Big game next week Cranny V St Pauls. Will open up the top 4 spots if Doggies can win at McKinnon Oval. We know Cheltenham can beat them and maybe STKC too. thoughts ???
Oh hear that Bentleigh might have a few surprises for Malvern next Saturday. :think: WTS.
Watts you talking about???

Watts you talking about???
Huge pickup if he plays. Bentleigh seemingly going all out for this win V East Malvern, as it would practically seal their safety in Div 1 as they rebuild. Heard some whispers about another surprise in the works too.

Also heard the Cranny Springy game got called off early due to a Springvale player injury.... anyone know the details and if the blokes alright?

The administrators should just send East Malvern packing now. It is the best outcome for the competition and club. 2-3 seasons outside the top flight will allow them to rebuild.

If they calibre of the Bentleigh U/19 program is to bear fruit in coming seasons it needs to be in Div 1 not 2.

Huge pickup if he plays. Bentleigh seemingly going all out for this win V East Malvern, as it would practically seal their safety in Div 1 as they rebuild. Heard some whispers about another surprise in the works too.

Also heard the Cranny Springy game got called off early due to a Springvale player injury.... anyone know the details and if the blokes alright?
It was the 2s game

Was in the 2s that the game got called. A couple of min before 3:4 time. Horrific leg injury worse than will powell of the gold coast meaning thr player was on the field waiting for an ambo to arrive. Senior game was delayed and played on the other ground to allow best access and proper actions to be taken with players welfare paramount

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack watts to bentleigh ! Hope it works out for them, or they will be left red faced.

I remember years back when Heatherton done the same thing to stay in div1 against Mordialloc.

The next year they failed miserably!

Nah they have huge advantage in local fans and cash. They would dominate div 1

Berwick
Beaconsfield
Cranbourne
Narre Warren
Dingley
Noble Park
St Kilda City
Port Colts
Cheltenham
St Pauls

Would be a fantastic D1. Yes some with local advantages but implement player points and salary cap properly, other clubs there have shown they’re capable of recruiting and/or are well run, things go in cycles even when you have a heap of kids, it would be very competitive

Jack watts to bentleigh ! Hope it works out for them, or they will be left red faced.

I remember years back when Heatherton done the same thing to stay in div1 against Mordialloc.

The next year they failed miserably!
First mistake was to compare Bentleigh with Heatherton, secondly, there are more than enough games left for the ladder positions to change even if Watts doesn't influence the scores. Thirdly, just his presence on the field will benefit the young Bentleigh team. And last buy not least, Heatherton are goneeeeeee, should start thinking of amalgamating perhaps with Moorabbin or Hampton ?

First mistake was to compare Bentleigh with Heatherton, secondly, there are more than enough games left for the ladder positions to change even if Watts doesn't influence the scores. Thirdly, just his presence on the field will benefit the young Bentleigh team. And last buy not least, Heatherton are goneeeeeee, should start thinking of amalgamating perhaps with Moorabbin or Hampton ?

Heatherton are gone , but once upon a time they were in div 1.

I keep hearing about bentleigh having such a young side ,

But all reports from other clubs is that the coaches spray them every game !
After every loss !

Won’t retain young blokes by burning them ..

Heatherton are gone , but once upon a time they were in div 1.

I keep hearing about bentleigh having such a young side ,

But all reports from other clubs is that the coaches spray them every game !
After every loss !

Won’t retain young blokes by burning them ..
From all reports from other clubs ????? Wow you must get around.
A spray is required at times, i do agree with you that it can cause issues with personalities, and it will test some young blokes out.
Might be time for a change in coaching structure to take the young group through their next journey ?
Can you tell me when Heatherton were last in Div 1, i can't remember that far back ?

A spray is required at times, i do agree with you that it can cause issues with personalities, and it will test some young blokes out.
Might be time for a change in coaching structure to take the young group through their next journey ?
Can you tell me when Heatherton were last in Div 1, i can't remember that far back ?
Heatherton were in D1 from 2010 - 2014 (5 years)

Don’t have to get around to speak to each club.

Pretty sure every club play each other twice 😂?

And yes when I speak to opposition coaches or players we discuss how good bentleigh 19s are and how there coach sprays them .

It seems to be a occurring thing .

Now I’m not a coach or want to be one.

But when Mordialloc were facing relegation in 2011 or 12 same Anstey never sprayed his young side, he guided them and kept them at the club.

I don’t believe burning the side week in week out is going to keep young players at a club that is losing majority of there senior games .

Last edited:
Don’t have to get around to speak to each club.

Pretty sure every club play each other twice 😂?

And yes when I speak to opposition coaches or players we discuss how good bentleigh 19s are and how there coach sprays them .

It seems to be a occurring thing .

Now I’m not a coach or want to be one.

But when Mordialloc were facing relegation in 2011 or 12 same Anstey never sprayed his young side, he guided them and kept them at the club.

I don’t believe burning the side week in week out is going to keep young players at a club that is losing majority of there senior games .
Fair points but i think you might be over reacting to the spray situation. A team spray is different to spraying individuals. If true, i'd think that the BFNC would address the situation is as you suggest, it might be a bit over the top. How have Mordi been going since the 2011 / 12 ?

Remove this Banner Ad

SNFL Div 1 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back