SNFL Div 3 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

What happened with the Lyndhurst game when the L player had a kick out but the umps gave BR a free (in the goalsquare) for L having a player in the pocket within their own 9 metres? surely that isn't a rule??

What happened with the Lyndhurst game when the L player had a kick out but the umps gave BR a free (in the goalsquare) for L having a player in the pocket within their own 9 metres? surely that isn't a rule??
I had a look and there is a rule for kick in that NO PLAYER from either team can be in the protected area. They were warned a few times by the umpire and he penalized then when they still wouldn't do it.

I've found the rule in the handbook and linked here. Page 48.

I had a look and there is a rule for kick in that NO PLAYER from either team can be in the protected area. They were warned a few times by the umpire and he penalized then when they still wouldn't do it.

Brand new rule that came in this year all teams were told most teams did practice matches with the new rules unlucky if it cost them a goal but the rule is there

This is a horrible rule ahah, I feel like I see players in the pockets within 9 from most kick outs

cheers for the look up though

That rule is only stating that the attacking team(not kicking out) is not allowed in the 15metre protected area of the defending team (kicking out). Nowhere does it say the defending team is not allowed in the protected area. How is the team mate not allowed within 15 metres of the kick in when a 15metre kick is classified as a mark? Are there areas of the ground you arent allowed to pass now

narre sth flying premiership favs still 🤣
You seem to love Narre south! 18 injuries since round 1 and the majority of those in the seniors. Even the better teams would struggle for depth outside of maybe the top couple teams. Would love to hear your thoughts as someone who is clearly infatuated with the club 😏

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That rule is only stating that the attacking team(not kicking out) is not allowed in the 15metre protected area of the defending team (kicking out). Nowhere does it say the defending team is not allowed in the protected area. How is the team mate not allowed within 15 metres of the kick in when a 15metre kick is classified as a mark? Are there areas of the ground you arent allowed to pass now
I think you’ve answered your own question

If you are kicking out, why would you wanna be within 15m from them anyway? No point being a target to be kicked to.

Because you cannot use the 15m zone to drop of your opponents.

Of the top of my head. Have a second player stand 5 m off the kicker, kicker runs of straight at the man on the mark, then hands off to the second player, who gains another 15.

If team mates can stand in the 15, and opponents can not, wether they use it to advantage, or not, you have given the team with the kick, a tactical advantage over their opponent that is not intended. You now have a region of the ground only one team can go.

So, simple solution, no one can stand there.

Ditto, Oppo players can run through protected zones, if following a player. So the zone cannot be used tactically.

Another example. If an opposition player lingers in the protected zone of a free, because his man has lingered there, it's his man that gets told to move, not him. He has to go too of course, but there is a reason he isn't the one told to move.

On SM-X200 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Donno what you're reading but 17.3 says
PROTECTED AREA
Other than the Player bringing the football into play, ALL PLAYERS must make every
endeavour to immediately vacate the Protected Area described in Diagram 3.

Donno what you're reading but 17.3 says
PROTECTED AREA
Other than the Player bringing the football into play, ALL PLAYERS must make every
endeavour to immediately vacate the Protected Area described in Diagram 3.
Judging by the replay Black Rock had a player in the pocket for a short option for nearly all kick ins, the exact same spot as lyndhurst. Its a big penalty for a decision that is only going to be followed once in a blue moon

Judging by the replay Black Rock had a player in the pocket for a short option for nearly all kick ins, the exact same spot as lyndhurst. Its a big penalty for a decision that is only going to be followed once in a blue moon
Donno what to tell ya mate. Write an email to the umpires or something for clarification.

Remove this Banner Ad

SNFL Div 3 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back