So Proud

Remove this Banner Ad

What was Monfries saying that winded up Shaw that much? Not that I think it would take too much.
Trengove and Kornes BOG by a mile, Trengove dominated every contest he got near.

Shaw was talking up Monfies leaving Essendon and drug cheating I believe...dunno what Gus said in reply. .."can you introduce me to your dealer then" ???????

There's really nothing better than a season where you dispell the doubt that everyone else, and even the most stern believers, probably had about the side. Where performances come out of nowhere, you have huge comebacks and miraculous upsets. New kids appear and tear things apart, old heads turn back the clock, every week is enjoyable from where you've come from. It's why 2011 is my favourite season watching the Eagles ever. Watching Port today I got that feeling for another club, picturing how you guys must be enjoying it. It's quite special.

On behalf of most AFL fans I want to send a big "Thank You " for knocking out the black and white feral scum. I can now watch all finals games and enjoy without having to worry about bandwagon bigmouth deluded Pie fans believing they are the best club in the country.

Thank you Port a great win......and eat a fat one CoLOLingwood.

Outside of 2004 & the build up to the 2007 Grand Final this season is definitely my favourite season.

Love this club, always have, always will.

This is so sweet after the lean years and I just have a really good feeling about this playing group & the triple K's + D (ie Ken, Koch, Keith + Darren B), that we are on a fantastic journey that will culminate in another premiership. Maybe not this year, but Ken will definitely be our next premiership coach. I can just feel it in my bones :)

The other thing I wanted to highlight - we are not the only ones that are proud.

Former players;
Chad Cornes had a fabulous twitter around firstly encouraging Port which read:
Good luck to all the boys @PAFC tomorrow night. Been an amazing year, very proud as an ex player watching on. Fire up @KaneCornes

Brett Montgomery was commentating with 5Double crows and he was very emotional at the end of the game. Said to Kochie when they interviewed him after the game, "thank you as a Port Adelaide person living in Melbourne you've restored pride in the club I love" (or something to that effect)

Treadrea had no voice to speak of at the end through screaming his heart & soul (although he did tip against us - sacrilege!).

Just so good to see!

I have to say I am obviously very happy about the win but a highlight for me was the Monfries-Shaw altercation, or several I should say. Monfries booting the goal straight in front and letting Shaw hear about it afterwards got me fired up and the game was in the balance at the time so emotions were running high. I love this club so much and we should always be proud of our boys, regardless of where they are on the ladder. Making a finals run is just a bonus to being a PAFC supporter.

The other thing I wanted to highlight - we are not the only ones that are proud.

Former players;
Chad Cornes had a fabulous twitter around firstly encouraging Port which read:
Good luck to all the boys @PAFC tomorrow night. Been an amazing year, very proud as an ex player watching on. Fire up @KaneCornes

Brett Montgomery was commentating with 5Double crows and he was very emotional at the end of the game. Said to Kochie when they interviewed him after the game, "thank you as a Port Adelaide person living in Melbourne you've restored pride in the club I love" (or something to that effect)

Treadrea had no voice to speak of at the end through screaming his heart & soul (although he did tip against us - sacrilege!).

Just so good to see!

I know it's important to earn back the respect of the rest of the competition but earning back the respect of past players, some of them true greats of the game, is truly special. There have been a number of signs of this through this season, and it's not just because we are winning games, it's because of the way we are playing and the passion and 'never say die' attitude of the players. We are starting to play the Port Adelaide way again.

What an absolute fantastic win by the lads tonight.

I was at a wedding all afternoon/night, but once I got into the reception (6:00pm) I streamed the game on my phone and had it sitting on the table in front of me.

Seriously, unreal.

I think I'll watch the last quarter at least before I go to bed, may even sneak in the first, but I'm rooted, so we'll see how I go.

WE ARE PORT ADELAIDE!!!

Haha! I was at a wedding and was doing the same on a mates phone. If we got a strange look we held it up to pretend we were taking a photo.

Just watched the full replay now. Amazing!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have to say I am obviously very happy about the win but a highlight for me was the Monfries-Shaw altercation, or several I should say. Monfries booting the goal straight in front and letting Shaw hear about it afterwards got me fired up and the game was in the balance at the time so emotions were running high. I love this club so much and we should always be proud of our boys, regardless of where they are on the ladder. Making a finals run is just a bonus to being a PAFC supporter.

Me to, we where sitting just to the right of this and it was the point where I totally lost my mind and started barracking like the crazy frog. I loved that moment because he gave me someone to target with my abuse.

I rate this as high as the great PAFC wins, my first premiership, the saint kilda win, the Hodges goal and this, the collingwood MCG raid.

From the moment I got to fed square to Chanting "jump " to some wood supporters in a balcony on the way in I felt this was our time.

Still am running on fumes but you will never wipe this smile from my face.

Me to, we where sitting just to the right of this and it was the point where I totally lost my mind and started barracking like the crazy frog. I loved that moment because he gave me someone to target with my abuse.

I rate this as high as the great PAFC wins, my first premiership, the saint kilda win, the Hodges goal and this, the collingwood MCG raid.

From the moment I got to fed square to Chanting "jump " to some wood supporters in a balcony on the way in I felt this was our time.

Still am running on fumes but you will never wipe this smile from my face.

Good to hear Shaw was copping a spray from the Port fans at the G. I think the win has to be top 5 in our history.

Shaw = Muppet!

I hope Eddie enjoys his 200 day break now :D

I couldn't be more proud of the boys and their intense 4 quarter effort!

Pride.

That was the main emotion felt during the day, during the game and most importantly afterwards. I'll be riding this all week.

What a club.

Congratulations.. To call it an upset is disrespectful to you guys. I never saw it as an upset, I fact quite to script based on eddies and Nathan's antics in the build up.

Plus you have proven that Melbourne infact do not deserve a PP in the draft.
Great turnaround

That was the most enjoyable game I have ever attended. The minor goal avalanche at the end released all the pent up tension and turned the final 5 or 10 minutes into a wild celebration. The scenes were absolutely incredible. I love our fans. Geez we make some noise.

Also, hats off to the Collingwood fans at the game. They cop an awful lot of shit from the wider football community but they conducted themselves with grace and good humour in defeat. I've been to Port v Collingwood games in Melbourne where we've lost too, and they were just as gracious in victory.

A perfect night all round.

That was the most enjoyable game I have ever attended. The minor goal avalanche at the end released all the pent up tension and turned the final 5 or 10 minutes into a wild celebration. The scenes were absolutely incredible. I love our fans. Geez we make some noise.

Also, hats off to the Collingwood fans at the game. They cop an awful lot of shit from the wider football community but they conducted themselves with grace and good humour in defeat. I've been to Port v Collingwood games in Melbourne where we've lost too, and they were just as gracious in victory.

A perfect night all round.

You should post that on the Collingwood board finny.

They cop a heap of undue shit from "fans" of other clubs.

I'm a bitter person and wont ever forget the disgraceful collingwood supporters after the 03 prelim at the G.
Scarred me for life.

That being said, at the game last Saturday, most of the collingwood people around us were pretty good. That was until later on outside the G. Our group was walking outside the G trying to soak up whatever atmosphere was left. There were 4 adults and 6 kids in our group. Kids were mucking around a short distance away waving their flags and singing the Power song. Knob of a bloke (yes collingwood supporter) walks up to the kids and screams SNOWTOWN in their faces. Thankfully the kids were to young to understand what it was about and he quickly apologised and slinked away once he saw the 4 adults fire up. Knob!

Also would love to catch up with the grannies (wobbles supporters) that were sitting opposite the kids on the train into the CBD. Wonder what they think of the feral scum that would be sent packing back behind the 'prison bars' that they came from.

Amazes me how some people think that its okay to act like absolute f***wits when kids around. And these ladies were literally in the 70s.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back