So realistically.... Who can slide to pick 28?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

itwdandy

Team Captain
Nov 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Without being silly about it, who do you think we can knabb at pick 28?
Do we go needs based as its our only half decent pick in a deep draft or do we go best available regardless of position?

Who do you think would be our most likely at 28 and who do you think could (realistically) slide to us at 28?

i wouldnt have thought we'd have to use 28 on brown. we get a 20% discount so that would mean someone would have to bid 22 or less to make us use pick 28. In a deep draft i cant see that happening. 44 will be for brown, or if someone bids before 37 then 44 and 65 should get it done.

i wouldnt have thought we'd have to use 28 on brown. we get a 20% discount so that would mean someone would have to bid 22 or less to make us use pick 28. In a deep draft i cant see that happening. 44 will be for brown, or if someone bids before 37 then 44 and 65 should get it done.
Brown will get bid on around the 15 -22 to make us use the pick. Dogs did it with Moore?

Brown will get bid on around the 15 -22 to make us use the pick. Dogs did it with Moore?

It won't be done to make us use that pick. It'll only be done if the club thinks he's the best choice there. The Dogs did it Moore because they wanted him, pretty justifiable from what we've seen since.

It won't be done to make us use that pick. It'll only be done if the club thinks he's the best choice there. The Dogs did it Moore because they wanted him, pretty justifiable from what we've seen since.
A team will make us use it. There's simply no chance we won't pick Brown with the sounds of it. Where would Brown be rated in the draft order?

A team will make us use it. There's simply no chance we won't pick Brown with the sounds of it. Where would Brown be rated in the draft order?

Unless the club actually wants Brown at that pick, they won't do it. Too much risk, when the only real gain is moving your pick 35 up to 34.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If a club has their turn to pick and they rate him higher than anyone else left on the board, they'll nominate him, but they won't be doing it to spite us.
Understand what you're saying so if he's rated 1-22 in the draft surely someone will nominate him. Is he rated in the top 22??

Understand what you're saying so if he's rated 1-22 in the draft surely someone will nominate him. Is he rated in the top 22??

Every year we hear - I can't believe he was still there at pick 475, we rated him in our top 10. Club rates them differently. Some club may rate him number 8, but still may not pick him at 15, because the bloke they rated at 6 is still on the table. It's purely a wait and see situation.

Assumedly the Pies will make a list of who we want with Brown and Daicos (if we want them) somewhere in that list. Then if either is selected by another club, we'll look at the cost and we'll look at whose still available and make a guess about whether matching the bid will result in missing out on any guys that we rate higher.

Will be interesting to see who is left.
We may get a nice surprise.

Be amusing to see who is left for Hawthorn at 80s and then they can say "can't believe he's still in the draft we had him at 16 on our board"

Brennan Cox maybe
Battle? Great name probably we defeated to him....

Given the lack of talls on our list and the fact we will get Brown and Daicos with later picks, we almost certainly need to draft tall at 28 unless someone we ranked top 10 slides there

For those interested, pick 28 since 2000

2000 - Steven Greene (Hawthorn)
2001 - Mark Powell (Sydney)
2002 - Tristan Cartledge (Essendon)
2003 - Jay Nash (Essendon)
2004 - Chad Gibson (Adelaide)
2005 - Matt Riggio (North)
2006 - Chris Dawes (Collingwood)
2007 - Marlon Motlop (Port)
2008 - Shaun McKernan (Adelaide)
2009 - Mitch Duncan (Geelong)
2010 - Ryan Lester (Brisbane)
2011 - Fraser McInnes (West Coast)
2012 - Tim O'Brien (Hawthorn)
2013 - Lewis Taylor (Brisbane)
2014 - Dillon Viojo- Rainbow (Carlton)
2015 - Luke Partington (West Coast)

I've been on the Jordan Ridley bandwagon for a while. Flexible utility who has primarily played down back (193cm) but can play forward and even as a tall outside wingman. Good skills, smart player. Plenty of scope. Really keen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back