So... what is the situation with Buddy? ***Warning*** Hollow Earth Proponents within

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully the groundsmen have mowed all the daisies.

Oops, wrong player.

At 4.40 on a Sunday, I think we will be very lucky to get 25k there. My guess is 22k.

At 4.40 on a Sunday, I think we will be very lucky to get 25k there. My guess is 22k.

You counting all the free tickets being given away, GH?

MCG reckons on 26,000 turning up, though they were about 10K too many for the Hawks-Cats game two weekends ago.

The unfounded rumours are almost certainly just that. They gain legs because a lot people like to believe that it's true.

Even if Franklin's name once appeared on a famous list, that was 5 years ago, and strikes are wiped from a players record after 4, meaning he would have to be continuously infringing since then, but only once every few years to keep it under the threshold. Considering players who record strikes are then after target-tested, it would require a hell of a lot of stupidity/luck/coverup to occur.

Also found this article interesting from just over a month ago, details why so few players record third strikes.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/why-players-dont-strike-out-20120621-20qy7.html

I know I will get shouted down but I find all this very worrying
I hope it's all alot of smoke and no fire
I hope...
Well I don't find it worrying....I find the constant speculation annoying because people keep giving it more 'oxygen'.
In the past few days I have heard two journalists say it's crap & this morning KB said the same...
Hopefully Buddy will play this week but no doubt there will still be people that find the negatives in that as well...

sorry to intrude but i doubt any journo would report it until it is fact, thus why nothing has been written about it, because if reported and not true, that journo (whoever it may be) would be in a lot of strife. just a thought. even so doubt he has actually got 3 strikes

Rubbish rumour is rubbish. Has been for some time.

People just can't see the Forrest for the trees.

Rumour: Buddy and Usain Bolt are the same person -

Same height and weight
Buddy goes missing during Olympics
Both Buddy and Bolt have jealous war mongers spreading drug rumours.
Olympics end, Buddy set to return.

The facts are stacking up. Now if someone mentions this on the main board and SEN it will then be true.

Isn't that how science works?

Hypothesis: Buddy (insert lame story here)
Premise 1: Some nuffy journo alludes to it
Premise 2: Some loser calls it into SEN
Premise 3: A forgotten vain player alludes to said story so as to be topical and get much desired attention
Thus lame story is true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

haha. If Buddy had done his third strike I'd find it surprising that Demetriou hadn't rushed back home to figure out how to deal with it. At the end of the day it's hardly in Hawthorn's interest to drag it out is it? Make him do his time and come back would be what the club would want IF this had any basis in reality at all.

He's had a hamstring and the club are being uber cautious with it due to timing and the draw. Coupled with the fact that Buddy's an unknown quantity in terms of this sort of injury and a few soft games it's hardly surprising really. I'd expect him to get a run for a half this weekend and be subbed out ready for a full 4 quarters against the Swannies.

I think it is time they looked at their own clubs, there are more than just one on strikes, IF that is true.If all those on drugs in tne AFL were mentioned,we wouldn,t have enough team players to fill a team. As many know it is a BLack & White story not reported,make it what you want...;)

I think it is time they looked at their own clubs, there are more than just one on strikes, IF that is true.If all those on drugs in tne AFL were mentioned,we wouldn,t have enough team players to fill a team. As many know it is a BLack & White story not reported,make it what you want...;)

I work with the wife of a former Player (not Hawks), and she pretty much quoted word for word what is bolded last week. A high percentage of AFL listed players would at some stage have taken some form of Rec Drugs during their career. Whether its true or not I don't have a clue, but she is adamant that its rife!!!

Do the police remove the number plates from a car of an AFL player who has 3 strikes or one that has lost his license for speeding?

Car is parked outside his house with no plates ...FACT

Of course he takes off his plates, its quite obvious really.
With all the money he spends on drugs he can no longer afford citylink tolls.

This reminds me.... on my way to work this morning I overtook a car with no tail-lights, but a passenger in the back seat who was lighting up a crack pipe.
Tail lights or crack....life's choices can sometime be too hard.

yeah well i am his drug dealer and he has reached his credit limit and now i can't reach him to get my money, if i don't hear from him by tomorrow, i will have to send my heavies around

This reminds me.... on my way to work this morning I overtook a car with no tail-lights, but a passenger in the back seat who was lighting up a crack pipe.
Tail lights or crack....life's choices can sometime be too hard.

Were you in Subiaco?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back