So who do we draft thanks to 10 & 16?

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope we take Lewis Jetta at 16 (if available). He is a different player to Leroy as he is more of a smooth mover with kicking skills. Reminds me very much of Lovett, only he is 6-7 years younger! He could elso help to get the best out of Leroy.. Otherwise Travis Colyer.

One of Lucas or Tapscott should be available at 10 so we should take one of them.

Any chance of Troy Taylor sliding until 26 otherwise Jesse Crichton?

Myles Sewell & Majak Daw with our later picks?

Ant has him as a late pick or a rookie selection, however he does feature in Matt Burgan's "Draft watch: the 17 most likely" .

Considering Paul Hamilton stated the club is looking for x-factor forwards,
this is one of the guys i'd like to hear about from anyone who has seen him play...

Ant has him as a late pick or a rookie selection...

I like the look of Troy Taylor, moves a bit like Dempsey and his skills are often very good. He's a near certainty to get picked up in the national draft. Has a consistency problem in his game, but an AFL club would straighten him up you would think. Would be very happy to snare him with pick 26; might have to take him with pick 16 if he is high on our radar.

I agree, we should delist Ryder and Gumbleton, Duds they are :D

Don't be silly!! Ryder is our great CHB when he is not rucking, but we cannot just put all our eggs in one basket and say: Gumbleton! take up thy bed and play footy. In fact, apart from his injuries, I'd even go as far as to say that Gumbleton remains untested.

I'd like us to recruit someone who in a couple of years will be as good as Nick Riewoldt. :thumbsu:

Whilst uncertain of the selections of the clubs before us i think we would have a shot at Cunnington or Tapscott with our first pick. Either would be great gets and depending on who we end up with decides our next selection.

With our first three picks i think we should be looking to add the following types of players (not neccessarily in this order):
1. Inside midfielder
2. Goal kicking midfielder
3. X factor pacy midfield/forward

So the ideal would be
1. Cunnington
2. Tapscott
3. Jetta

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have decided if we don't get Cunnington or Tapscott I will cry.

more for tapscott for me, if we pass on him i will cry:(, hopefully we try and hope koby stevens goes to pick 16, im not convinced on him but if we pick him over tapscott ill be one angry essendon supporter

I really like that trade goal kicking midfielder who can play high up the ground!!! knighter get on the blower to vossy ASAP he was a bombers fan growing up I hear

A goal kicking mid? :confused:

He played half forward this year and got 13 goals. His previous years from a midfield role has netted him 9,6,8,2,2.

He aint no goal kicking mid.

If Williams gets the medical all clear, I wouldn't lose any sleep if we did the 16 for Williams + 24 that's been thrown around (however probably no substance behind it)
It's only 8 spots in the draft.
Same deal with pick 26 on it's own, think we'd live. Come on, he averaged 3+ goals a game in the years Hawthorn finished 14th and 11th.

We've just lost our 1st, 3rd and 4th top goalkickers from this year.

Burgoyne.. Do not want, he had his chance to choose us, he didn't, the end.
Is not worth 2 first rounders.
Rischitelli - Do not want.

Remove this Banner Ad

So who do we draft thanks to 10 & 16?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back