So who do we draft thanks to 10 & 16?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mark Williams from Hawthorn has been offered 3 year deal from Essendon, pick 16 could be going to Hawthorn.

mark williams? WTF would we want him? He's got a bung knee, is a soft small forward - can't play midfield and is ageing rapidly. How the hell does he fit in with Essendon's plans...

A young 18yo in the draft is a much wiser decision.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!:mad:

Ebert would be better than Williams.

Ebert is nearly as bad though. We have Monfries to play that role, Davey to do the crumbing and blokes like Winderlich and Reimers as well. I really don't see the need - much better off sticking with the draft and looking at blokes like melksham, carlisle etc who have a future.

Ebert is nearly as bad though. We have Monfries to play that role, Davey to do the crumbing and blokes like Winderlich and Reimers as well. I really don't see the need - much better off sticking with the draft and looking at blokes like melksham, carlisle etc who have a future.

Williams had a terrible year, and still averaged as many goals as monfries.

We need to trust that the EFC knows a hell of alot more about Williams injury than we do. They're not stupid.

This discussion should probably move over to the thread you created however, as I assume this one was created to discuss drafting options, not trading.

davey doesnt play this role well imo. This season he played too far up the ground, im not sure if it was on purpose, but you rarely see him at the feet of people in the f50, which is a shame, cos with his pace, he could be in and out of the contest in a blink.

I don't believe, we won't offer Lovett one but we will Williams?? BS!

I could probably believe it.
You normally have to offer a bit extra to entice a player from another club (Especially if they're not actively trying to leave their current club).
I don't necessarily believe it's been offered yet though, unless we've conducted a full medical on him already.
If we end up getting him, it wouldn't suprise me if it was a 3 year deal though.

Lovett was offered 2 years, he's had alot of problems at the club, and seeing him taper off at the end of the year could have worried the club.
Lovett striked me as a player that needs help to remain motivated, hence contract clauses.

I'd say he'll benefit alot from the new environment, and the realistic chance @ a flag will probably be enough to motivate him. Something obviously just wasn't working for him here.

Peter Rhode has said that he expects Burgoyne to go to Essendon for picks 10 and 16.

Please tell me this is not true.

In the end though we are his second choice and if a hawks deal cant be done then us it is.

Port Get 9 and 26

Hawks get Burgoyne

Essendon get Willaims

We get our forwards and get to keep our first two picks for Bastinec and Tappscott:cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A goal kicking mid? :confused:

He played half forward this year and got 13 goals. His previous years from a midfield role has netted him 9,6,8,2,2.

He aint no goal kicking mid.

OK the numbers aint great but he was only given licence to play further forward under vossy this year.. his a decent kick if he improved to say 15-20 goals a year that would be good for a pick 16! A.Lovett kicked 21 goals this year dont you think Rischitelli would be better value

OK the numbers aint great but he was only given licence to play further forward under vossy this year.. his a decent kick if he improved to say 15-20 goals a year that would be good for a pick 16! A.Lovett kicked 21 goals this year dont you think Rischitelli would be better value

Honestly, no, Lovett broke games open this year, how many games did Rischitteli break open this year himself? not even half as many as Lovett did.

2 Smalls.
Preferably a small forward, and an inside mid with a bit of size and nice skillz0rz.
But wouldn't be unhappy with 2 midfielders.

No pressing need for KPP this time around but have a look at what's there with the later picks.
A ruck later on.

That may be the case but we need a better mix up forward with the new forward line of neagle and Hurley Rischetelli is a contested ball winner who can provide frontal pressure!! The ball came out of our forward 50 way to easily this year. If we can keep the ball around the 50m arc and give Davey, Winderlich, Dyson and Stanton more time within goal range that would help. Plus he would be a great tandem with Monfries could be a 45-50 goal a year combo!! And be much more reliable than lovett

That may be the case but we need a better mix up forward with the new forward line of neagle and Hurley Rischetelli is a contested ball winner who can provide frontal pressure!! The ball came out of our forward 50 way to easily this year. If we can keep the ball around the 50m arc and give Davey, Winderlich, Dyson and Stanton more time within goal range that would help. Plus he would be a great tandem with Monfries could be a 45-50 goal a year combo!! And be much more reliable than lovett

Longegan does that defensive forward job, as well as Monfries as well. We don't need more than that. Problem was we had players like Lovett who ran one way. Honestly getting rid of Lovett will help our defensive pressure a lot as he won't tackle.

In the end though we are his second choice and if a hawks deal cant be done then us it is.

Port Get 9 and 26

Hawks get Burgoyne

Essendon get Willaims

We get our forwards and get to keep our first two picks for Bastinec and Tappscott:cool:

Do we want Williams?

Sounds like a good plan, but I don't think he would be interested. :(
Essendon have tried twice to lure him in the past without any luck.
I don't wanna see him at Carlton...NOOOOO!!

With pick 10 I want a gun inside midfielder, hopefully one of Martin...:eek:, Cunnington, Stevens or Tapscott. If we did end up getting one of those players pick 16 could go either way with us going for a ruckmen or maybe a midsized foward, even another midfielder. My dream draft would be Martin, Cunnington or Stevens with pick 10 then Tapscott sliding to pick 16 (I can dream can't I) :D

Remove this Banner Ad

So who do we draft thanks to 10 & 16?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back