Something that irked me at the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

do you not want opposition fans posting on your board? Serious question.

Had fun in the faceoff thread, thought it was good, it served its purpose. It's shitty little snide comments like in this thread and the Rodney Eade thread that are stupid. Of course you won't get an infraction, you aren't making any personal attacks etc, you are just being a douchebag.

Definitely players don't hurt enough IMO... Yes there are two or three that do but you cannot just shrug off that performance yesterday... even more I would have thought with Wood off with a broken leg they would been concerned..
Ling was down in the rooms when Selwood went off and said all the players in the stands were gutted. Doesnt seem this was the case with Lake and Wallis now does it.

As for Lance Uppercut I hope you bought your James Hird commemorative first game as coach pin ! You can hand it down from generation to generation and put it alongside other moments in Australian history that have been remembered in a pin..... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

And I thought our Teddy's towels were ordinary !

do you not want opposition fans posting on your board? Serious question.

I have enormous respect for other teams boards, proven by the fact I've never been infracted for behaviour on other boards. But if you're so insular you can't handle discussion (or as you refer to it, snide comments) then really the problem is with you. I also praised young Libba for his outstanding debut game in case you hadn't noticed.

Personally what gets me is fans who are incredibly cocky beforehand, then sooky afterwards - not referring to anyone in particular, but you can't just crack the shits because you've lost.

If I overstep the line (which I don't) you have your mods who I'm positive would have no compunction whatsover in wielding the banzhammer.

Thankyou for your praise of our players. It is so reassuring to have your approval. Please continue to comment on our board and tell us all of the things we have done well or indeed poorly.

Your points are extremely incisive and not at all tedious or unwanted.

Have a lovely day.

not as bad as those 'red energy' clappers. ffs I was ready to kill people! (j/k!)
And the "energy meter" which followed the same pattern every time :p It even went off one time after the crowd got tired of it and went quiet.

What irked me was having to share oxygen with Essendon fans. It was nice last year, and the year before not having to worry about any of them showing up. **** suckers.

What irked me was the fact we as 'supporters' are always out numbered..
I was just embarrassed with the lack of support and colour at the ground..

Round 1 and no-one cares!

I seen Lake at half time with Marty Pask and it actually struck me that he didnt seemed too concerned about what was happening on the ground.
I guess he has a few credits but yeh maybe in the rooms giving some encouregment and advice would have been more appropriate.

This is an issue for our coach to address. Public perception is very important. Its not good PR for our players to be so jovial after or during such a bad loss.

I agree with that Essendon supporter that it seemed as though we didn't pay Essendon enough respect. Going along this path inevitably leads to loss.

What irked me was the fact we as 'supporters' are always out numbered..
I was just embarrassed with the lack of support and colour at the ground..

Round 1 and no-one cares!

I dont care being out numbered that just goes with being a Bulldog

What I care about is the lack of accountability our club has towards its fans

Our club gets away with so much and never getting taking to task :thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't read too far into it.

Also re: the whole "they just get their pay cheques and nick off home and don't care" line of thought, seriously, get a grip.

Who are the ones busting their guts in the heat in December at 6am for time trials and gym sessions whilst we're all still in bed?

Who are the ones out on the field and in the dressing room crying after another preliminary final loss because the team and they themselves have fallen short of their lifelong dream again?

The players feel it just as much and more than we do.

Stupid Gimp,

Lance is OK, he's not a troll.

I like posting on other clubs' boards as do some other Dogs fans. We should welcome non-trolls from other clubs here for good discussion.

No doubt.

I wouldn't read too far into it.

Also re: the whole "they just get their pay cheques and nick off home and don't care" line of thought, seriously, get a grip.

Who are the ones busting their guts in the heat in December at 6am for time trials and gym sessions whilst we're all still in bed?

Who are the ones out on the field and in the dressing room crying after another preliminary final loss because the team and they themselves have fallen short of their lifelong dream again?

The players feel it just as much and more than we do.
Well said Leon someone with a brain,that can understand what the players do go through,to all the baggers of the players ask a few of the players wives what they are like when they loose a game.cant believe that this post is all about seeing two players having a laugh.

Lake and Wallis may have been in good spirits, but...

On my way to exit at the final siren, I saw a chubby child near the pie stand crying uncontrollably. He was obvoiusly distraught about the result, so I went over to ruffle his hair and give him a hug if required. As I reached him the words "See the Bombers fly up, up" were bellowing out of the speakers and this made the kid howl.

My heart went out for him and I could see how much it meant to him. Pure raw emotion. I offered him my hanky to wipe away the tears. Thats when I noticed it was actually Andrew Hooper.

Some players just take it harder than others.

I dont care being out numbered that just goes with being a Bulldog

What I care about is the lack of accountability our club has towards its fans

Our club gets away with so much and never getting taking to task :thumbsdown:

You give a little you get a little..

Our fans only turn up to home matches!
Piss poor effort! I know most of you on this board are regulars.

But when your team needs a little lift the crowd needs to get behind and show some support..
Let's face it we don't have any of this..

We kicked a goal and it was like tumble weed rolling across the ground.

Lake and Wallis may have been in good spirits, but...

On my way to exit at the final siren, I saw a chubby child near the pie stand crying uncontrollably. He was obvoiusly distraught about the result, so I went over to ruffle his hair and give him a hug if required. As I reached him the words "See the Bombers fly up, up" were bellowing out of the speakers and this made the kid howl.

My heart went out for him and I could see how much it meant to him. Pure raw emotion. I offered him my hanky to wipe away the tears. Thats when I noticed it was actually Andrew Hooper.

Some players just take it harder than others.

Ha. Funniest post I've read in a while. Love the work Mattie :D

How bad is that?? So embarrassing. My fiancé and I were going WTF is this shit? :eek:

I know....but was it any worse than the chant you guys have come up with.....how did it go..."we are Essendon...Essendon"....come on is this a lame attempt to try and out do the that stupid Collingwood chat....the crowds are getting more and more like soccer crowds.

I say bring back the Hyde St band .....hang on they are!...while they are at it how about that bloke who used to walk the boundary selling peanuts....he used to chant "peanuts....peanuts.....peanuts"....now days the peanuts are mostly in the Essendon cheer squad chanting "we are Essendon...Essendon" while shaking their clappers...thank god we have that game out of the way!

I know....but was it any worse than the chant you guys have come up with.....how did it go..."we are Essendon...Essendon"....come on is this a lame attempt to try and out do the that stupid Collingwood chat....the crowds are getting more and more like soccer crowds.

I say bring back the Hyde St band .....hang on they are!...while they are at it how about that bloke who used to walk the boundary selling peanuts....he used to chant "peanuts....peanuts.....peanuts"....now days the peanuts are mostly in the Essendon cheer squad chanting "we are Essendon...Essendon" while shaking their clappers...thank god we have that game out of the way!

Cheersquads suck full stop. Until Sunday I hadn't heard your latest one. Ours are bad too, but what the **** is with "doggie doggie doggie, woof woof woof"? :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Something that irked me at the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back