Song Contest Part VII, Host: Sepp Blatter, Theme: Ashes, Noms Due: Sunday 7:00pm ACDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Did a unit at uni on adaptations of Shakespeare and that was really good.
Had one specific-to-Shakespeare course which was, thankfully, run by a very good lecturer who made it enjoyable. Several others had Shakespearean content though. That was probably the source of my frustrations lol

Can't remember too much about the texts we studied at high school. Was over 15 years ago now... *Things that make you feel old thread*.

I do recall reading The Things They Carried which was interesting. Also recall having to watch the movie Clueless about 8 times and the final exam was half about that. I basically ignored the question and wrote an essay on how filthy she was for getting it on with her brother, and that Hollywood must be full of disgusting people.

Can't remember too much about the texts we studied at high school. Was over 15 years ago now... *Things that make you feel old thread*.
216px-Rosetta_Stone_BW.jpeg

Required reading in our school. Ruined many a good backpack back in the millenia

I recall reading 'The Chocolate War', 'Careful, He Might Hear You', 'Space Demons', Tomorrow, When The War Began', 'Looking For Alibrandi'... add in your usual classic literature like Romeo & Juliet, 'Of Mice And Men', 'To Kill A Mockingbird' etc.

From what I remember:

Year 9
Z For Zachariah

Year 10
Animal Farm
Of Mice & Men
The Chrysalids

Year 11
Lord Of The Flies
Macbeth

Year 12 English
The Accidental Tourist

Year 12 English Lit.
Wuthering Heights
Jane Eyre
Northanger Abbey
Medea
Othello
A Streetcar Named Desire
And a shitload of poems.

In Year 9 we watched Apocalypse Now which was also great. Studied Hearts of Darkness at uni too.

Yr9: sixth sense
10: bend it like Beckham
11: eternal sunshine of the spotless mind
12: Witness

Media studies year 10 horror films we studied:

Dracula
Psycho
Scream
Misery

Me and some mates spent a few hours a week locked in the school media room allegedly working on a high school horror movie but that was done easy so we spent most of our time watching Die Hard With A Vengeance. One time we missed a whole bomb scare coincidentally.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Me and some mates spent a few hours a week locked in the school media room allegedly working on a high school horror movie but that was done easy so we spent most of our time watching Die Hard With A Vengeance. One time we missed a whole bomb scare coincidentally.

Were you the evil one ?

From what I remember:

Year 9
Z For Zachariah

Year 10
Animal Farm
Of Mice & Men
The Chrysalids

Year 11
Lord Of The Flies
Macbeth

Year 12 English
The Accidental Tourist

Year 12 English Lit.
Wuthering Heights
Jane Eyre
Northanger Abbey
Medea
Othello
A Streetcar Named Desire
And a shitload of poems.
Damn. Far sight better than what we had. Sad to admit I only just read and studied Animal Farm for the first time last year for uni. Friggen shitty school I went to...

We made a couple of shitty action/ horrors in high school. Also one time I wagged and missed a bomb scare. I also missed Dannii Minogue by wagging.

We made a couple of shitty action/ horrors in high school. Also one time I wagged and missed a bomb scare. I also missed Dannii Minogue by wagging.
Bummer about the bomb scare.

What I did:
Year 8:
A Midsummer Night's Dream (had to do this two terms in a row because I changed schools)
Lord of the Flies

Year 9:
The Matrix
All Quiet on the Western Front
Some collection of sonnets, wasn't by a specific author or anything.
Stolen

Year 10:
Crash
Macbeth
Animal Farm
Mississippi Burning

Year 11:
Othello
Some Australian poetry selection.
Gran Torino
Mississippi Burning (chosen as a related text)

Year 12:
Metropolis
The Motorcycle Diaries
Interstellar (chosen as a related text)
Hamlet
Poems of W. H. Auden
House of Cards (chosen as a related text)

Almost through with the playlist, I'll have votes in shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back